Universal Love Welcome Mitch Robinson!

Remove this Banner Ad

Hysteria25

All Australian
May 25, 2009
Anti-Clique HQ
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I'm going to call this now. Welcome Mitch it's great to have you on board!

919abm.jpg

Nexminit Welcome Taylor Walker.

All jokes aside im pritty glad we are getting him. As the golfing lion said before if his aggression stays where it needs to then he will be a great addition.

A solid pickup as any as a DFA. We wanted to add experience to our midfield and we've delivered in spades this off-season. I'm backing in Leppa and co. to keep him focused on footy, helping our young blokes and smashing out a nice career in Brisbane. Our midfield's starting to look pretty stacked at the minute but it doesn't hurt to add someone with a hard edge for depth. If all goes well this could prove to be a steal.

Welcome Mitch!

Im cautiously optimistic with Robbo. he adds experience and aggression to our midfield group. In a perfect world with no injuries he is probably 23-28 depth bracket, but you always get a few and he will be perfect depth instead of having to bring in inexperienced young bodies.

Should play around 15 games i think, which is about perfect as a solid depth player. Hopefully he plays 22 because his footy is good enough to cement a best 22 spot though.

Yep, I've moved from the "No Way" camp to the "Yes Please" camp. I'm betting we look back in twelve months and say this was an inspired decision and well worth the gamble.

He'll definitely put in110% percent but lack of talent will hold him back.

I am a lot more circumspect about this trade than others.
A lot of FEV parallels, $ the main difference
The Lions are heading in the right direction and i dont think robbo offers us much on the field.depth meh.
The main negative to me is that he has shown on more than one occasion that he cant contain his aggression of the field.
The last thing we need is a change in the good press we are getting.
Risk vs reward,little upside and potentially massive downside .
Might make a good sub, Bring more aggression on late in the game might be his go..
40/60 trade in my eyes but happy to be proven very wrong.

He'll definitely be the whipping boy next year if he plays seniors.

He was 'much loved' by Carlton fans right across the board. The only people that didn't seem to ridicule him during his time after being delisted, were Carlton fans who were general upset he was leaving. That is a glowing endorsement for mine, by all reports he is a very hardworking player and an A grade team Mate, who is always willing to fly the flag - albeit not an a grade talent, but still worth while. We all LOVE the way rocky flies the flag, I dare say we will grow to love this about Mitch too.

A great addition to the list, id like to see him play as a crash and bash defender who just hangs back and niggles opposition forward as well as spending time through the middle. he and Dizzy could make a good pairing down there in terms of making life uncomfortable for other teams forwards.

I am not concerned about he off field stuff, I think a lot of the altercations he was involved in would have been from attracting attention from other tough guys, who viewed him, because of his tough guy standing in the AFL and his street atheistic, as a bit of a trophy prize to pick a fight with. This shouldn't be as much of a problem in Brisbane given he will be relatively unknown. I would also hope, we like others in the past, take their second opportunity and run with it, as opposed to continuing their poor off field behaviour.

Welcome Mitch. Hope he takes the chance and makes it count. There is mutual gain if he does.

Looking forward to another thread where posters tell us 49 times why they do/don't approve, in slightly different words each time they post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have said elsewhere - not my preferred thing to do but given Swanns past connection to the blues and Malthouse I'd say the club has be able to do it's due diligence and seems willing to roll the dice.

Time will tell if we can use some left field nouse and turn said 'spud' into Vodka hey Haso! ;)

I have said elsewhere - not my preferred thing to do but given Swanns past connection to the blues and Malthouse I'd say the club has be able to do it's due diligence and seems willing to roll the dice.

Time will tell if we can use some left field nouse and turn said 'spud' into Vodka hey Haso! ;)
Agreed, which is why I have the 'potential' synonyms ready to go as well, Freddo!

Just helping my posting peeps out :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back