Jack Trengove

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn't mind seeing him forward at some stage too. His calmness with ball n hand would be handy in our F50.

Does my head in. He should be the lead up forward - he can actually kick goals. I wouldn’t mind any of our forwards being forward. The empty forward line kills me. Just leave one forward inside 50 all game.

Good, solid contributor, and doing everything that is expected of him. I don't think he's best 22 with everyone fit and firing, but certainly a reliable player to call upon when there are injuries. It's players like this (think Jared Poulton) that make good sides great.

He'll keep getting games while Pittard, Jonas and Broadbent are not available.

Glad he's with us... just something what popped in my mind watching him the last 2 weeks... why didn't a lower team Carlton,gold coast or Brisbane try to pick him up.... his experience clean skills + leadership would of been great for them?

Because he's a broken down crock.

I think though our experience with Polecat a similar injury we thought it was a pretty good risk to take. Going to be a great advertisement for the club going forward.

Because he's a broken down crock.

I think though our experience with Polecat a similar injury we thought it was a pretty good risk to take. Going to be a great advertisement for the club going forward.

He was already well recovered from his foot injury. Its not something that needs managing.

Glad he's with us... just something what popped in my mind watching him the last 2 weeks... why didn't a lower team Carlton,gold coast or Brisbane try to pick him up.... his experience clean skills + leadership would of been great for them?
We went so out of the curve this off-season, that the entire AFL world couldn't understand what we were doing, even when we drew it 'for dummies'. Nobody picked Trengove because nobody thought about it.

We are moneyballing the AFL. They will eventually catch us, but hopefully by then we will be already onto the "next big thing."

Last edited:
He was already well recovered from his foot injury. Its not something that needs managing.
Hahaha, well that's the public perception they will totally go with but they're doing a lot of work to protect his foot behind closed doors.

Lots and lots of physio work is done on it still.

Hahaha, well that's the public perception they will totally go with but they're doing a lot of work to protect his foot behind closed doors.

Lots and lots of physio work is done on it still.
God I hope his foot stays uninjured. He's just worked his way into the side and his efficiency is proving to be his point of difference which will make it hard to drop him. It would be criminal if his foot flaired up again.

They always need managing. The club has said they will be managing Polly’s foot for the rest of his career.
Not sure if Melbourne took as much care, in fact the injury was worsened by overtraining, but
Port will.
Polly has managed to get his speed back too.
Hopefully Trengove will with the expert management of the PAFC.

Last edited:
They always need managing. The club has said they will be managing Polly’s foot for the rest of his career.
Not sure if Melbourne took as much care, in fact the injury was worsened by overtraining, but
Port will.
Polly has managed to get his speed back too.
Hopefully Trengove will with the expert management of the PAFC.

Polec didnt have surgery on his, that's the difference.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where's Jack at guys? I cant really remember reading this, but did Jack sign a 1 year deal or 2?

Felt like there's been times where Jack should have been atleast given 3 to 4 week stretch of games to get use to the Port style of play, yet seems to be dropped after 1 or 2 games?

Where's Jack at guys? I cant really remember reading this, but did Jack sign a 1 year deal or 2?

Felt like there's been times where Jack should have been atleast given 3 to 4 week stretch of games to get use to the Port style of play, yet seems to be dropped after 1 or 2 games?
Uncontracted at the end of the year. For mine it's 50/50 on if we keep him on as depth, depends on how deep we cut with our delistings.

He's played 80% in the middle in the SANFL and 20% down back and when he's played AFL it's been as a back flanker because our midfield is stacked.

Uncontracted at the end of the year. For mine it's 50/50 on if we keep him on as depth, depends on how deep we cut with our delistings.

He's played 80% in the middle in the SANFL and 20% down back and when he's played AFL it's been as a back flanker because our midfield is stacked.
gotta keep him for mine

Have we actually tried trengove in the middle for the afl side..I haven’t seen him in the Centre and if we don’t try him in there how do we know he isn’t going to make it there?

Have we actually tried trengove in the middle for the afl side..I haven’t seen him in the Centre and if we don’t try him in there how do we know he isn’t going to make it there?

He would make it there without to many worries. Think he gets another chance next year if Atley does a runner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back