Player Watch #37 Matthew Parker - Returned home to WA effective immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

Not related to Parker but

Bailey Lambert didnt nominate for the mid season draft making him still eligible to be still nominated as a father son for Richmond in the november draft
I wonder if we told him not to nominate so as to pickup parker now and Lambert later

This would indicate we have been tracking Parker for a while and had determined he was the player we will take

One thing we can certainly be proud of is just how many indigenous boys we have at the club and how ingrained they are in the place. There was a while there we we had almost none and I'm not sure the club worked with or understood them particularly well, but the club has really turned the corner in being able to understand their history and particular challenges and work with them on and off the field. Edwards, rioli x2, Pickett, stack and now parker. And they could all feasibility be in the team at once.

It really shows the cultural shift the club has made and its something that we can be proud of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it just me or could this guy be absolutely ridiculous for us when we're at our fittest and best?

Was kind of annoyed we didn't go for Callow but, after watching our 7-goal burst last night, slotting Parker into that style of play could be awesome...

Would be interesting option in Aarts spot if he can replicate the heart and workrate

Is it just me or could this guy be absolutely ridiculous for us when we're at our fittest and best?

Was kind of annoyed we didn't go for Callow but, after watching our 7-goal burst last night, slotting Parker into that style of play could be awesome...
Something seems sus re Callow imo
He was rated so highly pre AFL draft and looked over (trained with the hawks pre season but didn’t get a spot in the side)
Than goes on to play a decent sanfl season to date but still one of the last picked in the mid season draft where talls that has shown less we’re picked before him
Maybe questions about off field behaviour or commitment from clubs?

Something seems sus re Callow imo
He was rated so highly pre AFL draft and looked over (trained with the hawks pre season but didn’t get a spot in the side)
Than goes on to play a decent sanfl season to date but still one of the last picked in the mid season draft where talls that has shown less we’re picked before him
Maybe questions about off field behaviour or commitment from clubs?

Question marks on his effectiveness once the ball hits the deck and his follow up efforts from what I have heard. Clubs view him as almost useless when the ball hits the deck.

Not sure how you see a need for callow when we got a youngsters CCJ that 10 clubs are circling and Ryan looking a very likely type at vfl too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back