Welfare

Remove this Banner Ad

A few crackpots got through … the odd wanna be rambo etc

We had one in our platoon in the batallion, always last on the runs, dropped out of the 40/80 klickers with heartilage problems but could talk a good line of bullshit, had war posters all over his room and sharpened his bayonet all the time….

and the navy's version of 40/80 klickers is 40/80 yards........even then shin splints or I'm thirsty for a beer would probably get a chit

And for anyone who thinks that the dole (Job Seeker income support - the brown bit in the below graph) is a huge burden on the budget, see the below;

SocialSecurityWelfare-01.jpg
The killer is - the biggest statistical blip in jobsearch is 40+ yo men whove lost their jobs and struggle to get new ones.

Of course there are a percentage of flat out bludgers - its fairly small but - and mate you try employ one of them, they are dole bludgers for a reason

THEY ARE FUNKING USELESS / **** on a bull/ balls on the pope / scomo in a crisis useless.

Even if you got them jobs they do something utterly scomolike - and you sack them. They are the sort of gimps that cost a company 10 times what their labour is worth in ginourmous funkups.

You just kid of have to accept that there are a percentage of people who are deadset funking useless - you cant let em starve and demonising them via petty bullshit is just cruel and pointless.

These folk are just better off being oaid enough money that they dont cause trouble and offering them $5000 cash payments to get sterilised and stop them funking reproducing - which they do….. faster than useful folk.

Just let them be.

we had one nutter on pirate watch open fire on a P&O cruise ship.

I leapt up saying "I can't see it, I can't see it" looking for a pirate vessel between us and the P&O. Before asking "are you shooting at the cruise liner?"

"yes"

"why"

"because there's gooks on board"

Not wanting to get into a debate about shooting Asians, I simply asked him "how do you know there are gooks on board?"

"because its coming from Asia"

"what if its just Australians returning home?

"oh"

needless to say his career came to a sudden halt
Nuclear powered facepalm…

Hope he got a holiday in mce?

Nuclear powered facepalm…

Hope he got a holiday in mce?

all I know is he was removed from the ship at the next port and never seen again

I assume discharged without charge other than "unauthorised discharge of a weapon"

all I know is he was removed from the ship at the next port and never seen again

I assume discharged without charge other than "unauthorised discharge of a weapon"
The australian military is pretty unique in that if you want out they wont try too hard to keep you.

There a thousand blokes knocking the doors down to take your job

The killer is - the biggest statistical blip in jobsearch is 40+ yo men whove lost their jobs and struggle to get new ones.

Of course there are a percentage of flat out bludgers - its fairly small but - and mate you try employ one of them, they are dole bludgers for a reason

THEY ARE FUNKING USELESS / **** on a bull/ balls on the pope / scomo in a crisis useless.

Even if you got them jobs they do something utterly scomolike - and you sack them. They are the sort of gimps that cost a company 10 times what their labour is worth in ginourmous funkups.

You just kid of have to accept that there are a percentage of people who are deadset funking useless - you cant let em starve and demonising them via petty bullshit is just cruel and pointless.

These folk are just better off being oaid enough money that they dont cause trouble and offering them $5000 cash payments to get sterilised and stop them funking reproducing - which they do….. faster than useful folk.

Just let them be.
I tend to agree actually. Some people (not very many) really are unemployable and will always be so - probably due to a bad upbringing but also bad choices taken as an adult. Should they be kept well below the poverty line? No. We need a proper safety net that provides at least a very basic standard of living. $700 per fortnight provides jack s**t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back