Welfare

Remove this Banner Ad

the dole certainly isn't high enough and should be the same as the pension and if one falls under hard times in Oz you can draw down on super under extreme circumstances
Superannuation funds allow some release of super on compassionate grounds, and also on the grounds of being reliant on Centrelink for six months. I'm not sure how much each fund would allow you to get though.

Superannuation funds allow some release of super on compassionate grounds, and also on the grounds of being reliant on Centrelink for six months. I'm not sure how much each fund would allow you to get though.

I was paid out my super when I left the military and returned to uni

I then used that to start a business 10 years later

Is Kram trying to troll welfare threads again?

Color me surprised.

if you look back at the post trail, you'll find Baltimore Jack has nothing to add to the thread relating to the topic

rather like a puppy just seeking attention

thus it is probably unfair to call out the person who called out the actual troll

if you look back at the post trail, you'll find Baltimore Jack has nothing to add to the thread relating to the topic

rather like a puppy just seeking attention

thus it is probably unfair to call out the person who called out the actual troll

Yeah, right. Poor Kram, so unfair.

I've heard in these Nordic countries the dolphins come right up on to the sidewalks.

How does anyone live on $46 per day?

I lived a really comfortable life as a uni student on Austudy and part time work, living in a flash apartment and eating out three times a day. I'd hate to go through the same now, as rent alone would be more than austudy. So nothing left over for bills, food or school books (if they even have that these days).

I lived a really comfortable life as a uni student on Austudy and part time work, living in a flash apartment and eating out three times a day. I'd hate to go through the same now, as rent alone would be more than austudy. So nothing left over for bills, food or school books (if they even have that these days).
I presume rent assistance comes on top of that, but still...$46 per day doesn't buy a lot of food, petrol, electricity, water, internet, phone bill, and heating/cooling in 2022.

I presume rent assistance comes on top of that, but still...$46 per day doesn't buy a lot of food, petrol, electricity, water, internet, phone bill, and heating/cooling in 2022.

as a uni student I didn't have internet, rather I tapped into the ABC which was next door

thank you ABC for not having passwords for wifi access

Didn’t you have your super from the army as well?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn’t you have your super from the army as well?

yep I withdrew my super and day traded in shares to generate income

I worked as as a ADF recruiting officer which was tax free and not assessable against my austudy on saturdays and school holidays and a barman at the Cott hotel

As a result my super balance (albeit in hand) was maintained and later used to start my business

How does anyone live on $46 per day?
And for anyone who thinks that the dole (Job Seeker income support - the brown bit in the below graph) is a huge burden on the budget, see the below;

SocialSecurityWelfare-01.jpg

yep I withdrew my super and day traded in shares to generate income

I worked as as a ADF recruiting officer which was tax free and not assessable against my austudy on saturdays and school holidays and a barman at the Cott hotel

As a result my super balance (albeit in hand) was maintained and later used to start my business
So youre the bastard who tells gullible young recruits to bring their golf clubs to kapooka as they have a great golf course?

So youre the bastard who tells gullible young recruits to bring their golf clubs to kapooka as they have a great golf course?

I only did the recruitment for the navy unless covering for the other services. I did have one colourful moment when interviewing an army candidate and I simply asked him "why do you feel the army should recruit you over other applicants?". He reached into a long duffle bag and pulled out a gun and said "because I will bring my own gun".

I can only assume he thought this would save the ADF a few bucks in his kit out.

Needless to say, I was pushing the alarm button under the table with enthusiasm.

I only did the recruitment for the navy unless covering for the other services. I did have one colourful moment when interviewing an army candidate and I simply asked him "why do you feel the army should recruit you over other applicants?". He reached into a long duffle bag and pulled out a gun and said "because I will bring my own gun".

I can only assume he thought this would save the ADF a few bucks in his kit out.

Needless to say, I was pushing the alarm button under the table with enthusiasm.
A few crackpots got through … the odd wanna be rambo etc

We had one in our platoon in the batallion, always last on the runs, dropped out of the 40/80 klickers with heartilage problems but could talk a good line of bullshit, had war posters all over his room and sharpened his bayonet all the time….

A few crackpots got through … the odd wanna be rambo etc

We had one in our platoon in the batallion, always last on the runs, dropped out of the 40/80 klickers with heartilage problems but could talk a good line of bullshit, had war posters all over his room and sharpened his bayonet all the time….

we had one nutter on pirate watch open fire on a P&O cruise ship.

I leapt up saying "I can't see it, I can't see it" looking for a pirate vessel between us and the P&O. Before asking "are you shooting at the cruise liner?"

"yes"

"why"

"because there's gooks on board"

Not wanting to get into a debate about shooting Asians, I simply asked him "how do you know there are gooks on board?"

"because its coming from Asia"

"what if its just Australians returning home?

"oh"

needless to say his career came to a sudden halt

Remove this Banner Ad

Back