well ...

Remove this Banner Ad

kuepper

Club Legend
May 21, 2001
Bootown.
AFL Club
Fremantle
... this forum has been queit, so i thought I'd just make a post, so it didnt look so bad.

Please feel free to add to this post, with any and all inane ramblings - we could even try and keep this thread rolling until the start of the season ... but then again, who could be bothered?

While I am here, might I say that Freo wouldnt want to pick up cummings - but I am 99% sure they wont anyway ... but he does have a decent 'first up' record I guess doesnt he?

Anyway, enough ramblings ... please fellow freo diehards ... post away :)

Maybe we could draft him as a midfielder after all thats what we need.

Could you imagine Big Scotty playing as a midfielder, now that would be a sight to see!

I kind of hope he dosen't get drafted that way he will be playing for the mighty Black and Whites next year. (As long as one of those rich clubs don't go throwing their money around and lure him away) How they stay below the salary cap is beyond me.

I'll just ramble to

Who in their right mind would suggest that we sign on the perambulating tub of lard reject from the toasters?It would be like buying a hay burner that wins first up and for the next ten years doesn't run a drum{no pun intended}.Put him out to pasture or better still off load him to one of the lower VIC clubs and send them broke sooner.{bet that comment returns with some flack}.
Was Prescott pushed or was he smart enought to see the writing on the wall?Is he serious about coaching the Magnificent Red and White Bulldogs?
Will Brendon Fewster miss the swing of the dreaded chopping implement?
Will the Wiz kick a ton in the coming season?
Will Leigh Brown prove all his knockers wrong and win the Dockers F&B.
These questions and more will be answered in the year 2002.
Stay tuned for more ramblings. :confused: :confused: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Prescott had to have been pushed (really hard) and he must have hit his head on the way down. Why else would he want to coach Souths??

Now if he wanted to learn under the master coach John Todd at Swan Districts now that is a smart move!

surely not

Balip,Smooth will learn much more at the home of football in WA at Fremantle oval than up at the cow paddock.No just joking, but you have to admit that we have sent Toddy far and wide to teach the uneducated how to play footy.East Freo,Swans,Wet Toast,we even brought him back home to win us another flag over the Gummies from the aquarium in 1997.OH WHAT A FEELING.
Join back in any time you like kuep.

This is where I play the age card.

He coached those other sides before I was even born (he was at East Freo in about 74 wasn't he). To me hes always been a Swans great. Winning the Sandover to me is somethnig that happened in the long distant past. When I was little he was coaching Swans to three premierships in a row. (please dont think Im having a dig at you for being old because I aint)

Home of football huh!, nothing beats sitting in the Walker stand at the mighty Bassendeen oval watching the mighty swannies. Freo oval comes a distant second. Mind you sitting on the scoreboard side at freo is pretty good.

Most of the other ovals don't seem to rate, I have never seen a regular season WAFL game at subi and really don't have the urge to go.

to continuee this ...

... I thought I'd just mention is this thread, instead of another one, there is a rumour on dockerland.com of a contract rift between M Carr and Freo - I am sure this is probablly not based in facts, bbut theought what they hey and posst it in here anyway.

He'd be a decent loss for mine, came in the top 10 overall for marks, and actually uses the footy out of defense too, and can go forward and take a big hang.

So here's hoping it isn't true eh?

Matty Carr

Matty Carr was only signed up from the Saints for a one-year, bargain-basement contract. He certainly met his end of the bargain and I think the sticking point is that Freo aren't meeting theirs.

The guy sure played fast and loose across the backline but I think showed a heap of courage and determination when Ben The P*sser Allan finally chucked him up against his East Freo mate Collica in The Worst Game of Footy Ever Played (ie the last Derby). He got absolutely crunched in a meataxe sandwich (Jakovich was the immovable object involved) and didn't blink.

The only blinking he is doing is at the disrespect Freo are showing him with their latest offer - more bargain-basement stuff.

Looking at the success his brother is sharing in must stick in his craw after being at the Sainters for two wins and Freo for two and Matty must be wondering what it is all about.

There will be more blood shed at Freo HQ before Nov 16 when the final lists are absolutely due. My hope is that Metropolis gets shafted and some well-deserved money gets flung Matty Carr's way.

Matty Carr

G'day fellas.

Just checking that my first post works.

I am another rabid old Freo supporter :D

I also believe that Carr would be a loss especially for his versatility, but, he did annoy me by kicking the ball out on the full so many times last year. Needs to work on some of the basics of the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back