Western Region FL - Division One

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Done and welcome Brett to Sunshine, his leadership on the field is up there with the best in the WRFL and he gets a chance with a young exciting list.

PS: There will be a few more big announcements out of Sunshine in due time:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:
maybe 1 of them big announcents will be Callum Urch playing with Sunshine next year as it looks like he is leaving Darley 2 play closer 2 home

At this stage some big losses ROCK

D.Jacobs (Best in comp and Colt's equal number 1 mid) (SFL)
B.Jacobs (Best leader in comp and Colt's equal number 1 mid) (Sunshine)
J.Perkins (Colt's best forward) (VFL)
McGregor (Colt's second best forward) (back to the country)
J.Clarke (Colt's Third best forward) (Retired) might not be coach also.
Jackal (not in the same breath as the above. didn't play many games but is a loss) (?)

Am I missing anyone?

That is the biggest and best list of players to leave a club at the one time I have heard of. If Clarke doesn't coach also that is even bigger, you would think it will rattle the place a little in the next few years.

Colts two's aren't real strong either, and something else to think about. colts bottom six players how do they compare to spotswoods, losing those players, top three finish would be a very good effort, must recruit well, cant see any currently listed player stepping up and filling the void of this lot...

maybe 1 of them big announcents will be Callum Urch playing with Sunshine next year as it looks like he is leaving Darley 2 play closer 2 home

Or could possibly be a more recently retired AFL player ;)

Did someone at Sunshine find a wallet? Have not heard that they have lost any players but if you beleive everything on here they are adding, Jacobs, Julier (which I don't beleive) Urch and another ex AFL player:eek:

Did someone at Sunshine find a wallet? Have not heard that they have lost any players but if you beleive everything on here they are adding, Jacobs, Julier (which I don't beleive) Urch and another ex AFL player:eek:

Julier and Urch will not play at Sunshine.

I bumped into an ex spotty player at the Valley on Saturday mentioned that J.Cloke has signed with the Woodsmen, though are 99% they have lost Patak and Mcgie, with Theodor hanging them up due to work comitments.

Now that all clubs have coaches, the recruits will be coming thick and fast.

Colts two's aren't real strong either, and something else to think about. colts bottom six players how do they compare to spotswoods, losing those players, top three finish would be a very good effort, must recruit well, cant see any currently listed player stepping up and filling the void of this lot...
don't worry about the colts they'll be fine, they still have a very good list and that's the first I've heard about McGregor. It would be nice if the comp evened up a bit all round, you don't get many spectators to games when they know u are going to win by 20 odd goals or so, that gets very boring even for the old faithful.

Urch is leaving Darley bud, but not for sunshine. Think you will find him line up for an edfl side next season. The Julier one is interesting, wasn't he leaving colts a couple of years back for geelong west? maybe the time has come?

Jackal (not in the same breath as the above. didn't play many games but is a loss) (?)

Am I missing anyone?

That is the biggest and best list of players to leave a club at the one time I have heard of. If Clarke doesn't coach also that is even bigger, you would think it will rattle the place a little in the next few years.

Well firstly when we lost caddy, lindsay, webb, winters and chisnal that was a bigger lost and we bounced back.
Julier is very well entrenched at port colts and will be there for life.
Mcgregor is from reservoir not from the country, i have not spoke with him but he live 100m from colts fround and is having a baby, he will not go any where.
Perkins is not a 100% a werribee but if so we will look to find a replacement. I believe rest of the list will stay together.
As for me i was certainly not one of our better fwds this year so no loss what so ever, debruyn, hoath and mcgregor, winters will be the foundation of a good fwd line.
The jacobs boys are big losses but you will see players like massis, twomey step up and players under them will also take the next step.

As for me coaching at the end of this season i was unsure if i wanted to coach and was thinking of taking the year off, but after a few weeks i feel refreshed and put in an application for the job, hopefully i get reapointed but if not i will still be involved as much as i can to help port colts be at the top of the tree again in 2010 and beyond.
Clubs are alway bigger than any individual so for people to think that colts will just fade away or drop off the pace is wrong.

I bumped into an ex spotty player at the Valley on Saturday mentioned that J.Cloke has signed with the Woodsmen, though are 99% they have lost Patak and Mcgie, with Theodor hanging them up due to work comitments.

Mcghie is staying

Have West Footscray got themselves a coach yet/ are they staying up is there any word from there?

Colts two's aren't real strong either, and something else to think about. colts bottom six players how do they compare to spotswoods, losing those players, top three finish would be a very good effort, must recruit well, cant see any currently listed player stepping up and filling the void of this lot...[/quot

we cant be 2 bad mate got smashed with injuries all year sometimes playing games short yet still finished 5th(shouldve been higher in my opinion), had the best in comp, leading goalkicker and about 7 or 8 kids make there snr debut !!!!!

Am I missing anyone?

i know you dont like spotty danny

i thought the premiers of 2007/2008/2009 had big change over of numbers the last 2 years, altough i may be wrong will check.

but ROCK is right good CLUBS cope with it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Colts two's aren't real strong either, and something else to think about. colts bottom six players how do they compare to spotswoods, losing those players, top three finish would be a very good effort, must recruit well, cant see any currently listed player stepping up and filling the void of this lot...[/quot

we cant be 2 bad mate got smashed with injuries all year sometimes playing games short yet still finished 5th(shouldve been higher in my opinion), had the best in comp, leading goalkicker and about 7 or 8 kids make there snr debut !!!!!
That's right, and there is a kid named Bellingham who knows how to kick goals!

morgan king has gone Os so that wil be a massive hole, only forward they have has for a while, donovan to Albion?? and maybe a few others leaving, but that was before Jacobs was appointed coach. maybe second thoughts from some.

Will Jacobs bring anyone to sunshine from Colts, usually part of the coach's appointment that he will bring players with him

I don't think a wallet was found bud. I'm told Cain Mainsbridge left sunshine a while ago.

had a quick think spotty lost
harris
keenan
simpson
beasley
sablich
dennerley
boothey
yep hard to imagine how they've done it

The canteen did suffer when he left although it's suprising how many possums are around the club once he left...

Spotty still has a super young list is it the begining???

Scary............................

had a quick think spotty lost
harris
keenan
simpson
beasley
sablich
dennerley
boothey
yep hard to imagine how they've done it

All credit to you strongbow/spotty that's why this loss definately hurts the most.

We also have lost some quality players over last few season.
Caddy.S
Webb
Lindsay
Taylor
Brannan
Millen
Chisnal
Bracken
Winters (though he did manage to play 4 senior games this year)
Caddy.J
And now Jacobs times two again i'm sure we will cope.
Just goes to show that the comp has droped off if colts and spotty can finish 1 and 2 again after those player losses.

All credit to you strongbow/spotty that's why this loss definately hurts the most.

We also have lost some quality players over last few season.
Caddy.S
Webb
Lindsay
Taylor
Brannan
Millen
Chisnal
Bracken
Winters (though he did manage to play 4 senior games this year)
Caddy.J
And now Jacobs times two again i'm sure we will cope.
Just goes to show that the comp has droped off if colts and spotty can finish 1 and 2 again after those player losses.

Thanks Clarkey, did go 2 from 2 remember

morgan king has gone Os so that wil be a massive hole, only forward they have has for a while, donovan to Albion?? and maybe a few others leaving, but that was before Jacobs was appointed coach. maybe second thoughts from some.

Will Jacobs bring anyone to sunshine from Colts, usually part of the coach's appointment that he will bring players with him

There may have been a few boys considering other offers over at Sunshine but with the signing of Jacobs everyone is buzzing and waiting for preseason to start. Donovan is loved down at Kangas and will be missed on and off field if he leaves. We have been mediocre the last few seasons showing some glimpses of the side we know we can be but overall too inconsistent to match it with the top sides. In saying this Tocka has been fantastic, changing the Sunshine Football Club to a regular finals contender and I hope to see him down the club next season. Let’s hope 2010 sees a fresh start and a real challenge for the clubs first ones flag in a long time.

Where have all these Sunshine people come from, didn't know they had such a following. Anyway they have been aggressive off the field of late not relying on their 2008 hot dogs.

I am not even going to bite about the wallet bullshit. Big news down Sunshine way and wish Jacobs and Sunshine all the best in the coming season will be interesting to see how it unfolds but i think Tokka had his chance as coach and did a good job but it was time for a new coach.

I am not even going to bite about the wallet bullshit. Big news down Sunshine way and wish Jacobs and Sunshine all the best in the coming season will be interesting to see how it unfolds but i think Tokka had his chance as coach and did a good job but it was time for a new coach.

Hey cain which club you playing at next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back