Western Region Football League Team (Part 4)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess if Tim Jenkins was playing for a top 5 side, we would have heard his name a great deal more. Definately a contender for Barry Priest and if he qualifies ROTY he would feature in that as well.

tim is same age as noye and knight at spotty and you dont hear there names on here either mate so dont stresss,

oh yeh saints top 5 last year

Think the albion/spotty game tomorrow will be very close encounter.
Spotty will be missing their whole williamstown listed players.
Great opportunity for the cats to try and get themselves a top 3 positions
MY TIP DRAW

if this is true, there is a god
hope your not bullshitting

Think the albion/spotty game tomorrow will be very close encounter.
Spotty will be missing their whole williamstown listed players.
Great opportunity for the cats to try and get themselves a top 3 positions
MY TIP DRAW

It's at Spotty isn't it?

Have seen Albion twice now this year and with respect I don't think they are as good as Spotty nor you blokes. I'd tip Spotty by 4 goals or so.

we wouldn't want a bloke of his type at our club and please don't ask what i mean by that, you should know. I'm pretty sure Hoppers have had the rookie of the year twice in the last couple of years if I'm not mistaken.
okay, sorry Danny, but give an old bloke the benefit of the doubt, sorry but I have to ask the question -WHY WOULDN'T HE BE WELCOME AT HOPPERS??? That's a fairly big statment (a bloke of his type????)..........not sure what he has done but obviously the blokes at his club are happy with him from this forum...

I don't bullshit, just check on the vfl website and see what players have been released.
I do this every week, no spotty players have been released to spotty.

your on the money there rock,

cant say will kelly is a loss,

spotswood have a very young side in from what i have been told, great to see.

In all seriousness though, can someone explain to me why Bloomfield is rated so highly? I've seen him twice now, and apart from kicking two very good goals at Albion, really didn't think much of him.

From what I heard, he was cutting up lesser opposition at the beginning until clubs got onto him.

My personal opinion is that he has excellent skills and a good pair of hands. Very good awareness and play reading ability. Not sure how hard he is now though. Perhaps a non Albion supporter who has seen him a couple of times can tell us. As an U/18 player he wasn't scared to have a crack but things can change when you play against men. Anyone?

From what I heard, he was cutting up lesser opposition at the beginning until clubs got onto him.

My personal opinion is that he has excellent skills and a good pair of hands. Very good awareness and play reading ability. Not sure how hard he is now though. Perhaps a non Albion supporter who has seen him a couple of times can tell us. As an U/18 player he wasn't scared to have a crack but things can change when you play against men. Anyone?

Barnaby gave him a touch up in both games this year but has played on him in juniors a few times so knows his game. Cross from Altona also 18 has been very good all year on seasoned forwards. Altona back line pretty much from last years under 18 side. The rafferty in earkier posts I think should be Trent a 16 YO who has played ones all year and now at the Jets.

watched first 1/2 colts V saints if this is the standard of umpiring that is comming out of scovell reserve god help this league disgracefull off to watch edfl next week :rolleyes:

Alb to finish 5th
Sun 4th
Hopp to take 3rd
Spot 2nd
Port 1st
After the pussys performance against spotty there lucky to finish 5th
St Albans r a beter side but left it a bit late in the season thats y
they cant make finals

Alb to finish 5th
Sun 4th
Hopp to take 3rd
Spot 2nd
Port 1st
After the pussys performance against spotty there lucky to finish 5th
St Albans r a beter side but left it a bit late in the season thats y
they cant make finals

I watched the game between Spotswood and Albion and after quarter time Albion got absolutely hammered. By the same token and although Spotty at home are always extremely difficult to beat they looked like the real deal. Very Physical and with a lot of run.

Albion on the other hand were very much underdone size and class wise. Although they had a number of injury problems during the course of the match it did not hide the fact they are only making up the finals numbers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched the game between Spotswood and Albion and after quarter time Albion got absolutely hammered. By the same token and although Spotty at home are always extremely difficult to beat they looked like the real deal. Very Physical and with a lot of run.

Albion on the other hand were very much underdone size and class wise. Although they had a number of injury problems during the course of the match it did not hide the fact they are only making up the finals numbers.

Thats true expresso ed i think hoppers will give spotty a run for there money in the first week of the finals if they finish 3rd which they should
for an upset Hoppers will win in the 1st week of the finals beating spoty by17 pts

Thats true expresso ed i think hoppers will give spotty a run for there money in the first week of the finals if they finish 3rd which they should
for an upset Hoppers will win in the 1st week of the finals beating spoty by17 pts

Fai effort tipping a result on a game that may not even happen. Colts still to play albion away and sunshine at home, so no certainties there.
I agree that hoppers will challenge any team they play in finals.
Spotty still the team to beat especially after yesterday's effort.

watched first 1/2 colts V saints if this is the standard of umpiring that is comming out of scovell reserve god help this league disgracefull off to watch edfl next week :rolleyes:

Agree the young ump was shocking, seemed like he didnt want to pay frees when blokes were getting smashed.

St Albans had a crack and when you put pressure on at Murphy's you'll always be in the game due to the small ground.

After last years finals series St Albans must be happy to get this year over with. They had a great year with one of the youngest list and no dobut because of certain factors theve had a tough year.

Has Bloomfeild been consistent enough or has he just had a few standout games early?? surely to consistent player would get over a that pops up now and again in games.

Agree the young ump was shocking, seemed like he didnt want to pay frees when blokes were getting smashed.

St Albans had a crack and when you put pressure on at Murphy's you'll always be in the game due to the small ground.

After last years finals series St Albans must be happy to get this year over with. They had a great year with one of the youngest list and no dobut because of certain factors theve had a tough year.

Has Bloomfeild been consistent enough or has he just had a few standout games early?? surely to consistent player would get over a that pops up now and again in games.
in your opinion who would your pick for rookie of the year be?? and
was it a big surprise to most people that spotty smashed albion... does everyfing think albion will go out in straight sets in the final series

was it a big surprise to most people that spotty smashed albion... does everyfing think albion will go out in straight sets in the final series

I was impressed with J.Sims on the week end from st.albans, he would be right up there. I think the number of games bloomfield dominated gets him over the line and i doubt any other youngster has the opposition coached put as much time into them.

I was a little shocked at the end result i thought the cats mite have put up a better fight for the top 3, how ever i forgot that they do have a few quality players missing.
I don't think they will have a double chance so it won't be straight sets maybe 1 set. I think they will struggle to win a final if they don't get some players back very soon. Out of all the top 5 sides i think they are travelling the worst but finals change everything!!!

yeh ive seen sims b4 n i fink his a really skillful n hard at it youngster... did he do much yesterday rock??? i think it will b hard to pik frm the consistent year sims has had n the games bloomfield has dominated so should b interesting to see who takes it out... what players did albion have out yesterday??

Albion were beat by the better side on the day but were missing many even before losing a couple to injury during the game. The seconds played 1 short for most of their game(Including playing 3 retired veterans) because of the shortage in numbers on the weekend. Many players to return this week and a few more the following, wouldnt write Albion off just yet.

yeh good win by a very young spotty side,
not only dominating on the field but also did extremely well at the trivia night as well.
also nice to see the spotty boys sing theme song in the rooms after the game.

yeh good win by a very young spotty side,
not only dominating on the field but also did extremely well at the trivia night as well.
also nice to see the spotty boys sing theme song in the rooms after the game.

Heard the boys performed admirably at the Trivia Night....but honestly it comes as a surprise saying that Albion will be better when they get some players back....it doesn't make up 14 goals. To be at that game only highlighted the fact that Spotty and Colts are the only two in the mix.

I was impressed with J.Sims on the week end from st.albans, he would be right up there. I think the number of games bloomfield dominated gets him over the line and i doubt any other youngster has the opposition coached put as much time into them.

I was a little shocked at the end result i thought the cats mite have put up a better fight for the top 3, how ever i forgot that they do have a few quality players missing.
I don't think they will have a double chance so it won't be straight sets maybe 1 set. I think they will struggle to win a final if they don't get some players back very soon. Out of all the top 5 sides i think they are travelling the worst but finals change everything!!!

Well Boys to be truthfully Honest, Albion were pathetic.

the game started well, Bloomfield struggled, few of the spotty boys were verbally attacking him, may have thrown him off his game early, Zavalas got into Jensen Early, nice cheap 1!

Lachlen Mchie Was a stand out all ends of the ground.

Albions Coach Struggled probly best he stay off the field.

i am lead to believe he was focused on meeting a few SFC boys in the car park aafter an exchange of words on field, shit house if you ask me,

no real signs for albion they may have had blokes out but they were a rabble.

it will be an interesting finals series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back