Streaming Westworld

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

How many of you would actually use this service?

Wouldn't it be better to have a matrix like experience where you can do anything like flying , superpowers ect

Or would you rather not be plugged into anything and interact with robots instead?

Just curious

Wouldn't it be better to have a matrix like experience where you can do anything like flying , superpowers ect

Or would you rather not be plugged into anything and interact with robots instead?

Just curious

Yeah, was talking about this with the missus - during that scene where the husband has opted to join the posse searching for the bandits in the hills and the wife is sitting there on the horse swatting flies looking annoyed.

I'm with her, the wild west would have sucked balls! Hot, dirty, smelly - sounds awesome. If they had that kind of technology yeah I would hope they use it to create something a bit more exciting.

It could be a basic world, that's if they have multiple worlds on offer

Just curious

Depending on the cost i would give it a go. Maybe not westworld but Medieval world would be great or if people really want to do irl gta a current day world

Just curious

I reckon both would be appealing and are possibly only a few decades away of becoming reality.

A Westworld type experience might be only available to the rich due to the amount of resources required to set it up and maintain. But it might feel more real. You would feel the wind in your hair, taste the dirt as you ride the trail, smell the cheap perfume of the hookers then have real sex with them.

Plugging into a virtual reality world might be available to the masses. If you create the world it's cheap to expand it to more and more people. The possibilities are endless about what you could do in such a world but would it feel real? Current generation VR headsets take advantage of vision being our dominant sense and the results are quite immersive but you would still be masturbating in your bedroom rather than having real sex with (robot) hookers.

You pays your money you takes your choice :p

If you watch carefully they have integrated subtle robotic movements into the 'hosts' extremely well. Some of it is so subtle. I wonder if its part the actor, part the camera work and part visual effects (obviously the major stuff is visual effects). I missed a lot of it on the first viewing but when you are looking for it, it is everywhere and very noticeable.

Really enjoyed the pilot. The paint it black scene was fun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great first episode. All the actors playing androids did a great job esp. the malfunctioning sheriff and the older android drinking with the creator.
That old dude absolutely smashed that scene out of the park. The almost but not quite human mannerisms and movement was brilliant.

If you watch carefully they have integrated subtle robotic movements into the 'hosts' extremely well. Some of it is so subtle. I wonder if its part the actor, part the camera work and part visual effects (obviously the major stuff is visual effects). I missed a lot of it on the first viewing but when you are looking for it, it is everywhere and very noticeable.

I did see a vid (can't find where i saw it atm) where they slightly alter their movement through CGI to make them more robot like. The acting is top notch though. Especially the guy that played Dolares' dad.

The woman playing the park boss also displayed robotic type movements a couple of times, just to mess with us I suppose...

Rewatched it last night with a proper 1080p copy. Nice on the eyes. If the outdoor scenes are all on location I can see why it's costing a fortune.

They can totally do episodes that are basically time loop stories i.e. robot realises they're repeating the same day over and over but can't figure out why.

Just curious

I could go for something like a condensed Donnie Brasco experience, you have a couple weeks to get in good with the bad guys before ratting them all out. There would have to be some consequence if you got caught out, like maybe you feel the first bullet or 30 seconds of strangulation;)

That was a trip.

I'm guessing Abernathy was put out to pasture or something, but damn I hope he comes back.

Oh, that's what the other Hemsworth brother looks like.

I think that hosts that are set up to fulfil a bigger narrative picture like the bandits would probably be a rare breed as they are set up to cause chaos and create a spectacle. The way the town is set up with the hosts just going about their business makes me think they each have their own story and generally relive it over and over but guests only become involved in these stories if they choose to engage with them.

IMO Dolores just has a pretty simple damsel in distress story line that resets everyday. She drops the can to present an opportunity for a guest to help her out and if they do she's programmed to befriend/fall in love with them and take the guest home so that they can save her. Just like how the sheriff recruiting volunteers everyday is just offering guests the opportunity to play out a simple cops and robbers story if they're interested.

This. For me it seems like it's a giant choose your own adventure set-up - there's a few key characters and storylines (Sheriff, bandits, damsel-in-distress, hooker-with-a-heart-of-gold) and a shitload of supporting characters - all of whom blend into the background but will interact with guests and branch off into other stories.

Was a bit sceptical about the premise, but this has got me hooked. Jeffrey Wright starting to make a career out of these sorts of roles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back