What are you listening to now - No. 8 🎵🎻🎶🎼🎸

Remove this Banner Ad

My 1st concert - The Rolling Stones at Kooyong in '73.

#MickandKeef
Beatles was a one off. My mum took my older siblings to Festival Hall and decided my brother could baby sit his little brother (I was 7 years old). Memories are fading but not the roar I heard when the roadie ripped off the cover to Ringo’s Ludwig drum kit to reveal The Beatles. Very generous of him to lend his kit to the drummer of Sounds Incorporated.

Beatles was a one off. My mum took my older siblings to Festival Hall and decided my brother could baby sit his little brother (I was 7 years old). Memories are fading but not the roar I heard when the roadie ripped off the cover to Ringo’s Ludwig drum kit to reveal The Beatles. Very generous of him to lend his kit to the drummer of Sounds Incorporated.
Had a ticket to the Beatles but broke my leg the day before, also saw Floyd without Roger Waters but later on saw Roger Waters without Floyd. Pretty much the same concert, loved both.

Best concert I've experienced was The Clash's 1982 festival hall gig. Painters and Dockers and aboriginal rights activist, Gary Foley as support. Still remember the Melbourne punks throwing beer bottles at the front door before opening and the 3 or 4 encores at the end. There is a YouTube audio link of the event.

edit. Another memorable festival hall gig was Bob Marley and the Wailers in '79.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's one to get your toes tapping.

The great Carl Perkins in concert doing a medley back in '85, on stage with George Harrison, Clapton, Ringo Starr, Dave Edmunds amongst others. They were having a ball up on stage.

You can see the pure joy in George's face playing alongside one of his heroes...Perkins apparently had a huge influence on George's guitar style.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back