What are you listening to now - No. 8 🎵🎻🎶🎼🎸

Remove this Banner Ad

Just finished listening to an ABC Conversations podcast on Tana Douglas. Tana was the the world's first female rock and roll roadie. She began by working with AC/DC at 17, toured the world working with Iggy Pop, Status Quo, The Who and Elton John, who she met for the first time at Windsor Castle, along with plenty of others. She is discussing her book “Loud” and her life with Richard Fidler. Plenty of amazing stories.
I’m going to buy the book.
Part 1.
https://www.abc.net.au/radio/progra...oman-roadie-acdc-iggy-pop-elton-john/13090764
Part 2.
https://www.abc.net.au/radio/progra...adie-music-industry-iggy-pop-the-who/13093320

The first time I heard this, I was 11 or 12 years old. I was on my way to a free Carson concert down on the Esplanade in Mornington with my older brother in the early 70's....they had this playing through the speakers before the concert at a million decibels, echoing all the way down Main Street.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a monthly subscription to Audible, and we get one free audio book a month.

This month's free A/B is Working Class Boy, an autobiography of Jimmy Barnes childhood/early years, read by Jimmy himself.

Beautiful, raw, honest and emotional.

Very uncomfortable listening at times, but by the same token, really engrossing stuff.

If anyone needs a smile on their faces, check these out. An 8 year old drummer from Japan by the name of Yoyoka....she is amazing. Her foot barely even reaches the pedal on the bass drum 🤣 She's broken the hearts of many a drummer in bands who thought they could play a bit.

When Robert Plant heard her cover of Good Times Bad Times, he asked if she wanted a job.....in his words "Bonzo would be proud."

These are a few of my favorites, but there's many more on youtube.

Last edited:
I have a monthly subscription to Audible, and we get one free audio book a month.

This month's free A/B is Working Class Boy, an autobiography of Jimmy Barnes childhood/early years, read by Jimmy himself.

Beautiful, raw, honest and emotional.

Very uncomfortable listening at times, but by the same token, really engrossing stuff.
Join your local library. I've listened to both Working Class Bay and Working Class Man by Jimmy. They are both terrific stories and each won the Australian Book Industry Award for the Biography Book of the Year. He has a new book coming out soon called Killing Time, a collection of short stories that I'm looking forward to. How he is still alive is a wonder. He has to be related to Keith Richards somehow.
You can download the audio books for 4 weeks and then you have to delete them. Doesn't cost anything and there is a really big collection available.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back