What are you watching No. 3 🎥🎦🎬

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On Amazon Prime yesterday, I just watched the recent (2019) document on Diego Maradona..

Wow, a warts and all documentary on the world's greatest ever, but deeply flawed Soccer/association footballer.

Never realized so many people in Italy had it in for him (apart from Neopolitians, from which he is a club legend for Napoli) and its a bit shocking to see him set up by (argubably corrupt) officials and courts after 1990 (for drug trafficking) after he knocked Italy out of the World Cup, and although got a suspended jail sentence, the offiofficialscials got their main wish and got Maradona banned from football for 12 month's, ending his career in shame.

His life kind of fell to pieces after that, with sadly more rampant cocaine use and health issues.

But this docu showed me the kind, mother loving little boy side to Maradona I never knew he had (through archival footage, not staged by any actor)

I left watching that docu with a newfound respect and sadness for Maradona, and a bit of contempt for Italian Football and how their entire judicial system at that time (which turned a blind eye to Maradona's use of cocaine etc until after he knocked them out of the WC.

On Amazon Prime yesterday, I just watched the recent (2019) document on Diego Maradona..

Wow, a warts and all documentary on the world's greatest ever, but deeply flawed Soccer/association footballer.

Never realized so many people in Italy had it in for him (apart from Neopolitians, from which he is a club legend for Napoli) and its a bit shocking to see him set up by (argubably corrupt) officials and courts after 1990 (for drug trafficking) after he knocked Italy out of the World Cup, and although got a suspended jail sentence, the offiofficialscials got their main wish and got Maradona banned from football for 12 month's, ending his career in shame.

His life kind of fell to pieces after that, with sadly more rampant cocaine use and health issues.

But this docu showed me the kind, mother loving little boy side to Maradona I never knew he had (through archival footage, not staged by any actor)

I left watching that docu with a newfound respect and sadness for Maradona, and a bit of contempt for Italian Football and how their entire judicial system at that time (which turned a blind eye to Maradona's use of cocaine etc until after he knocked them out of the WC.

The first time I had seen Maradona’s genius was during the 1985 serie a season when he was consistently scoring goals from the corner kick in. I had never seen anything like it before or after.

It was a tragedy to see what happened to him after Italia 90. I felt like the movie should of ended with this clip when after 14 years the people’s champ finally returned home...Ferlaino being the president of Napoli during this golden era.

Umbrella Academy S2. Was described in the Paper as have a Wes Anderson feel which is very on point. Great take on the superhero genre written by the guy from My Chemical Romance. Great soundtrack

Looking froward to S2 of The Boys coming up soon.

Watching Roadhouse for the first time tonight.

Terrific Sunday Night Movie, with a vintage Patrick Swayze kick ass performance.

Yes it is a film full of cliches but still very enjoyable.

The 1980s did the Heroic Stranger comes to a small town where no one wants him action thriller better than decade before or since.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back