NFL What Did They Learn?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Every year, after a team wins the Superbowl, they did it a particular way that sets a trend for other teams to follow.

For example, when the Giants won, teams were all suddenly interested again in the 4-3, natural pressure, and in having running back by committee approach.

It's interesting that recently some teams are aiming to go back to a single dominant running back.

Anyway, so what did they learn after the Saints won the Superbowl this year? What Saints-trends will we see emerge league-wide?

I have some ideas, but I wanna hear what you all think first.

Alastair Clarkson's defensive cluster :D

I'll raise you DLB's defensive cluster that can put SIX points up with just ONE Possession!! Pity shepherding is virtually extinct in the floundering new age AFL.

[YOUTUBE]Hc4B956stko&hl[/YOUTUBE]

I like what GG recommends.. I didn't watch much of the Saints this past season but I did notice JD making many comments on how much improved the Saints D were. To say that they were stopping drives is one thing but I think Darren Sharper was the X factor in the Saints Super season... consider this... DS missed two games.. Wk10... the 1-7 RAMS lost 23-28 to the undefeated Saints and wk17... the 7-8 Panthers won 23-10 in a meaningless encounter without DS playing. Having the ability to get those turnovers in the opposition Red Zone can determine the difference to winning & losing more time than not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back