What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm waiting for AI to get to the point where you can select from a voice 'skin' to over-ride the commentary, based on the action taking place.

So for example, I select tonight's game on FTA, then decide I want Ian Major and Jack Edwards as the commentators, and Peter McKenna and Bernie Quinlan as special comments.
Maybe switch over to the Army Reserve Cup combo of Sandy Roberts, the aforementioned McKenna and Don Scott for a game I watch as a neutral. And the occasional Cometti - not every game or the effect is ruined.
I'd also want the ability to permanently block the McAvaney, L.Richards, BT, etc options.
A Bulldog commentary team would be good like Douggie, Murph, Biggsie, Libba, Peter Gordon to get good balance

I'm waiting for AI to get to the point where you can select from a voice 'skin' to over-ride the commentary, based on the action taking place.

So for example, I select tonight's game on FTA, then decide I want Ian Major and Jack Edwards as the commentators, and Peter McKenna and Bernie Quinlan as special comments.
Maybe switch over to the Army Reserve Cup combo of Sandy Roberts, the aforementioned McKenna and Don Scott for a game I watch as a neutral. And the occasional Cometti - not every game or the effect is ruined.
I'd also want the ability to permanently block the McAvaney, L.Richards, BT, etc options.
OMG! How good would it be to switch on Jack Dyer and Ian Major?

"and he taps it out and he picks it up and kicks long he didn't mark it but he grabs it and swings onto his left boot and it's right through the middle ..."

"WHO, JACK? WHO?"

"They're racing in Rosehill ..."

I think what you're asking is not far away from us now

Throw in some prime Rex Hunt, just for a quarter, yibbidi yibbida?

Also just saying without BT we wouldn't have Tom Boyd's call.... that has to be worth some credits

Last edited:

"and he taps it out and he picks it up and kicks long he didn't mark it but he grabs it and swings onto his left boot and it's right through the middle ..."

"WHO, JACK? WHO?"

"Darcy takes the mark stretching out those arms like long testicles."

"WHO, JACK? WHO?"

I deliberately paired Ian Major with Ch7 and former Roo Jack Edwards, as he had more commentary skill than the Major's actual radio partner Captain Blood! I met Jack Edwards once, came across as a decent guy, chatting to a couple of teenage boys before a night match mid-week at Waverley. Also met Stephen Phillips same night, much taller in real life!
Plus Ian Major was a Bulldogs man.

Also think you're confusing the Captain and the Major on 3KZ with Don Hyde on 3UZ re the horse racing. 😉

I think what you're asking is not far away from us now

Throw in some prime Rex Hunt, just for a quarter, yibbidi yibbida?

Also just saying without BT we wouldn't have Tom Boyd's call.... that has to be worth some credits

Good point re the Boyd call, was never a Rex fan though, made it more about himself than the game. Just my opinion though.

I'll have Denis Cometti, Sean Connery and Molly Meldrum.

Clint Eastwood as boundary rider.

Anybody familiar with First We Feast on YouTube will know that their research is impeccable and that they typically save their best and most obscure questions for when the guest has reached their tipping point of pain. Of all the directions they could've taken given the interviewee, their choice of what question to ask at this moment is incredible.

Anybody familiar with First We Feast on YouTube will know that their research is impeccable and that they typically save their best and most obscure questions for when the guest has reached their tipping point of pain. Of all the directions they could've taken given the interviewee, their choice of what question to ask at this moment is incredible.

That's great. Sean Evans is a ridiculously good interviewer.

Made my day. Thank you Norm.

"Darcy takes the mark stretching out those arms like long testicles."
Loved old Jack Dyer "I heard Les Bamblett had a great debut last week, but I think he had an even better one today"....and cant forget Harry Beitzel and Tommy Lahiff...."Are you there Tommy...Tommy you there?.....I'm here Harry, can you hear me Harry?.... I can hear you Tommy....."

Gold.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cornes took another swipe at Bevo on the round so far.

Basically said that turnovers cost us badly, but when you play guys like Gags and Bramble, which Bevo does, you will get those errors

Basically said that turnovers cost us badly, but when you play guys like Gags and Bramble, which Bevo does, you will get those errors
When you play football players like Bev does you can get turnovers, very true

Who’s he suggesting we play instead? The best in line for wing and half forward types are Poulter, Baker & McNeil and he’d have a swipe at them as well.

Just an idiot.

We had as many turnovers as Port did against Norf. We had 11 less than the Swans, but obviously better teams are more likely to punish you.

We had as many turnovers as Port did against Norf. We had 11 less than the Swans, but obviously better teams are more likely to punish you.

Far too logical what you say you need to think a little before you shoot your mouth off

I beg you please stop mentioning that muppet on here. Dragging his comments out for discussion just spreads his disease.

Who’s he suggesting we play instead? The best in line for wing and half forward types are Poulter, Baker & McNeil and he’d have a swipe at them as well.

Just an idiot.
Anyone from the top 4 list that he continues to say we have

I beg you please stop mentioning that muppet on here. Dragging his comments out for discussion just spreads his disease.
I wonder if it's possible to put in a watermark or a warning notice into the "Post reply" box saying

"Do not post anything about [he whose name cannot be mentioned]"?​

So we'd have to consciously delete it before posting.

Or maybe a tickbox saying

"I acknowledge that it is irresponsible behaviour to mention [said muppet] and I understand I may incur a ban if I do so"?​

Remove this Banner Ad

Back