What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yet another Carowhine backhand about how we're paying Griffen this year and next, including a massive amount.

Nobody else has stated that figure, and as per AFL rules we're no longer allowed to pay him after the existing contract, which ended in 2015.

I don't know where she got her numbers from, but they're wrong.
Out of interest do you have any idea what the figures are? I've got no idea, but normally Caro is pretty on the money with this type of stuff. If they are remotely true, they really are horrible reading. (even though i was all for the Boyd trade in the light of Griffen's departure circumstances).

On another note, i'm glad that she gives the recognition to Peter Gordon's contribution that he deserves.

Murphy's first season in the AFL coincided with the first invasion of Iraq. There was a furore when the Bulldogs team photo for that year was found to have a freckle-faced kid in the back row with NO WAR written on his bare arm. For some in the conservative world of AFL football, the question thereafter was – how "far out" is Robert Murphy?

Anyone able to find that 2000 team photo where Bob has "No War" on his arm?

Out of interest do you have any idea what the figures are? I've got no idea, but normally Caro is pretty on the money with this type of stuff. If they are remotely true, they really are horrible reading. (even though i was all for the Boyd trade in the light of Griffen's departure circumstances).

Sometimes the cancer is so bad you need to pay a little more for treatment.....

Caro never misses a chance to stick the boots in

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ay-for-a-brighter-future-20150320-1m4avy.html

The below quote is highlighted for posterity. I think she may well eat those words.

"The club would have it that Brendan McCartney lost his way in his last six months in the job and was finally sacked after captain Ryan Griffen quit. Griffen was traded to the Giants in a deal quite simply the worst of the current millennium and to compound that remains the Bulldogs highest-paid player of 2015. They will cover $800,000 of his wage this season and a further $100,000 in 2016. And all of that falls under the club's total player payments. They also traded away a first-round draft choice. The Bulldogs have invested a risky and unprecedented fortune on the promise of talented nine-gamer Tom Boyd."

Yeah, we were silly to trade Griffen. Why on earth did we voluntarily trade away our Captain and best player when he didn't even want to leave? We're so stupid.

Oh, wait..
We are so stupid, when GWS came knocking at our captain's door, why the hell didn't we just

image.jpg

heck me we are so trouble some trying to get something back. How dare we?

We were never going to win.

Trade Griffen & 6 for Boyd = Worst deal ever

Trade Griffen for Pick 7 and miss out on Boyd next year = Why didn't they get Boyd, that was their chance, rabble rabble rabble

Trade Griffen for 7, get Boyd next year = they wasted a year of Boyd developing with their group, why didn't they get him earlier, clearly they're going to lose another preliminary final because of this, rabble rabble rabble

Who cares what they say. They're still squirming in their seats because we've ruined their bi-annual feature piece on our tall forward dilemma. **** em.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nobody wants that, Daniel.
give-the-people-what-they-want-banner.jpg

Caro never misses a chance to stick the boots in

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ay-for-a-brighter-future-20150320-1m4avy.html

The below quote is highlighted for posterity. I think she may well eat those words.

"The club would have it that Brendan McCartney lost his way in his last six months in the job and was finally sacked after captain Ryan Griffen quit. Griffen was traded to the Giants in a deal quite simply the worst of the current millennium and to compound that remains the Bulldogs highest-paid player of 2015. They will cover $800,000 of his wage this season and a further $100,000 in 2016. And all of that falls under the club's total player payments. They also traded away a first-round draft choice. The Bulldogs have invested a risky and unprecedented fortune on the promise of talented nine-gamer Tom Boyd."

This millenium includes the fev to brisbane trade right? And Croad to Freo?

Maybe she is still upset we beat the tiges in the praccy game? I mean it was their seconds side.....she needs to move on no one cares about the NAB cup, maybe she should be writing about the corrupt NAB financial planners and worry less about a silly practice match that had no meaning.

Caroline.....move on you get your chance at redemption in round 2.

I prefer to think of it as Macrae for McMahon.
I prefer to think of it as McMahon for 3-4 years of service from ward (including solid finals performances) + Macrae.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back