When you're playing, how long before the game do you get to the ground?

Remove this Banner Ad

davefromjerra

All Australian
Mar 3, 2005
Magnetic Island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The standard seems to be one hour. I prefer 45 minutes, my old team now requires players to be there at least 75 minutes before game time. What do people think is the best time to arrive at the ground?

i play seniors at 2pm, but i get there by about 11am usually. my brother plays under 19's so i like to check out the 2nd half, then watch the first half of the 2's. if there is no under 19's then i get there at 12 to watch the boys.

The Talking Goat said:
this is an abolutely ricidculous question

Goat, l'm sure you could answer the question then again getting to the ground early to kick the dew off for the main game isn't quite appealing to most like you...hey Chump! :eek:

davefromjerra said:
The standard seems to be one hour. I prefer 45 minutes, my old team now requires players to be there at least 75 minutes before game time. What do people think is the best time to arrive at the ground?
I usually camp out the night before on away games, too get a feel for the atmosphere/
Or for home fixtures i try to stay from Thursday until the game at the rooms to help my preparation.

Can't say I have been fortunate enough to need to get changed yet! I have heard Mick tell Tazza, Dides, Neon and Pebbles that they need to be there by 11am. Thats absolutely ridiculous, it's the best time to be at the Kebab shop because no-one else is there and the meat is fresh. Don't forget to keep an eye out for my DVD later this year, it has all my greatest (off field) moments.

Signing off Strauchnie#59

our game starst at 10 but i like to be tere by yself at both home and away games by 7- 7.30 latest just so i can concentrate on my goals for the specific game.

If we're on a bus trip, then it's usually 11:00/11:30 for a 12:45 start, then it's straight into the rooms if needed to double-up. If it's a home game or game in Rocky, it's around 10:00 for a 12:45 start, then watch the 15's and 17's. If we're down at the beach, it's about 12:00/12:15 for a 12:45 start. If it's a night game, which we haven't had in a few years, then it's about 3:00 for a 5:00/5:15 start.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back