NFL Where's Matt Flynn Starting Next Year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Can we at least wait untill after a post season all-star game before we annoint Griffin III anything?

Right now I have the same questions over him as scouts had over Gabbert last year. He's been in a spread offence which is extremely advantageous for an offence, problem is the QB's and RB's have to reinvent themselves for the NFL (especially RB's). I want to see him in a pro-offence (like those in all-star games) before I annoint him anything.

I can't see that happening.
IMO Manning has too much integrity to go anywhere near DIVAs like the Jets (, Cowboys or Eagles).

Though, I'd love to see it happen just for Manning vs Brady twice next year.

Update...

Citing league sources, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that the Packers are "unlikely" to place the franchise tag on impending free agent Matt Flynn.
The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel and SI's Peter King had previously suggested that franchising Flynn would at least be a consideration for the Packers, in an effort to pull a sign-and-trade deal. Instead, Green Bay's franchise tag figures to be used on Jermichael Finley. This would make Flynn easier for teams like the Seahawks and Redskins to acquire. He isn't going to cost a draft pick.

Can we at least wait untill after a post season all-star game before we annoint Griffin III anything?

Right now I have the same questions over him as scouts had over Gabbert last year. He's been in a spread offence which is extremely advantageous for an offence, problem is the QB's and RB's have to reinvent themselves for the NFL (especially RB's). I want to see him in a pro-offence (like those in all-star games) before I annoint him anything.

I agree. Some of this RGIII love is mystifying to me. Yes he's a tremendous talent, and has a great skill set, but I'm incredibly far from being sold on him as a starting QB in the NFL.

someone will chase and bid Flynn up and give him a 4 or multi year deal....

But I doubt they will get value...

See Matt Cassel...

Go Broncos

That's a good point.

Besides Vick and McNabb, have there been many good black quarterbacks in the NFL?
Randal Cunningham.

Cam Newton is hopefully going to be good.

I think its the pressure of being a black QB in the NFL that strikes a lot of doubt.

Hell, even when McNabb was good he was still getting dissed. We just can't win. :p

On top of the 2 listed above (Randall Cunningham and Cam), there are a few others.

- Warren Moon is probably the best black QB ever.
- Steve McNair won an MVP.
- Doug Williams has a SB ring as a starting QB.
- Daunte Culpepper was good for a few years throwing bombs to Randy Moss.

The problem is that for a long time, black HS QBs did not play QB in college, rather being moved to WR/RB/CB etc because of their athleticism. Even RGIII, who is a Heismann Trophy winner and now likely to be a Top 5 pick, was only lightly recruited as a QB. Texas, for example, wanted to move him to WR because of his great speed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On top of the 2 listed above (Randall Cunningham and Cam), there are a few others.

- Warren Moon is probably the best black QB ever.
- Steve McNair won an MVP.
- Doug Williams has a SB ring as a starting QB.
- Daunte Culpepper was good for a few years throwing bombs to Randy Moss.

The problem is that for a long time, black HS QBs did not play QB in college, rather being moved to WR/RB/CB etc because of their athleticism. Even RGIII, who is a Heismann Trophy winner and now likely to be a Top 5 pick, was only lightly recruited as a QB. Texas, for example, wanted to move him to WR because of his great speed.

Oh yeah, Warren Moon easily the best. Hall of Fame?

McNair should of won that heartbreaking superbowl, he was my hero!

Doug Williams, black icon first black QB to win a ring but choked after...

Culpepper could of been awesome, dodgy knees and let the success get to his head I think.

College and NFL ruin black QBs. They see speed n simply go 'Yup.. Special teams or WR'. Shits me to tears, Cribbs a key example. I still think he could of been an NFL QB. Its just to much pressure being a black QB in the NFL if you aren't an absolute pure pocket passer your going to be under the microscope!

Cam Newton will be the best QB in 3 years time imo.

Why's that?

Good Passer
6ft 5
Great Rusher
IS A BORN WINNER

Yup, he has it all. Unfortunetly, hes black so will get scrutinized unless he plays like an old fashioned pocket passer. Which of all the black QBs we've had is the best at it. (McNabb should of won a SB with the Eagles tho... I feel sorry for him)

sooooooo?
Has Ben Roethlisberger been the best QB in the game the last half a decade?
Lol, hes just tryna put some reason into why people can believe he can be great!

That alone doesn't mean hes going to be the best, but being a good passer, being built like a brick shithouse and being able to scramble n rush your way out of trouble is a pretty good start!

Hes just got to keep doing all the right things and keep improving and he can be great one day!

Oh and Big Ben has been one of the best QBs in the last half decade. :p

I agree. Some of this RGIII love is mystifying to me. Yes he's a tremendous talent, and has a great skill set, but I'm incredibly far from being sold on him as a starting QB in the NFL.

Umm that's the whole point of scouting. Teams need to decide how good they think a QB is gonna be without them ever having thrown a pass in the NFL. And at this stage, nearly every team would probably rather have RGIII than Matt Flynn.

Good Passer
6ft 5
Great Rusher
IS A BORN WINNER

Well said.. :thumbsu: Cam Newton's Black Cats destined for the promised land. SB contenders within 2 seasons. :thumbsu:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...ays-packers-want-longterm-deal-with-te-finley

This makes it a lot more interesting with a long-term deal for Finely being negotiated it really only leaves the tag left for two people; Wells and Flynn.

Now with the new CBA if Wells was to be tagged he would be earning top 5 OL money which is way over too much for him.

Personally I think this opens up the tag and trade option for Flynn especially with Philbin now the HC in Miami.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back