Where's Whitnall

Remove this Banner Ad

Bucka12

Draftee
Mar 27, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Does anyone no where Shane Whitnall is playing this year??? First I hear Bundoora, then Thomo, the Lakesiders....
He can be a valuable player with one of the Best Kicks in the DVFL...:p

Does anyone no where Shane Whitnall is playing this year??? First I hear Bundoora, then Thomo, the Lakesiders....

Won't be playing anywhere for the first three rounds. Still suspended for his weak act in round 18.

Mate, I was at the game, and dont even follow Bundoora. I can tell you that was no weak act. That was a pure accident if you have 100 odd kilos running at you (oppose to 85) you are bound to go down like Bricks.

Mate, I was at the game, and dont even follow Bundoora. I can tell you that was no weak act. That was a pure accident if you have 100 odd kilos running at you (oppose to 85) you are bound to go down like Bricks.

Get serious. Yes you will go down like a tonne of bricks when you get elbowed in the head. And the opponent wasn't 85 kilos. Closer to 65 and the smallest player on the ground. And rightly so, he received five weeks.

Get serious. Yes you will go down like a tonne of bricks when you get elbowed in the head. And the opponent wasn't 85 kilos. Closer to 65 and the smallest player on the ground. And rightly so, he received five weeks.

i was there to mate.. right in front of it actually a pure accident one of those things that happens when u play footy thats the risk you take doesnt matter how much u weigh.

if it was such an accident how did he get 5 weeks then.
from what ive heard it was no accident as was behind play ( ball had been cleared away from area )
people need to be mindfull where the ball is & where officialdom are before they start sniping others.
all clubs have there thugs that arnt brain smart & will do whatever it takes to stay in the highest grade they can achieve.
if the cap fits before all you do gooders slam me for my comments.
when your good the only thing you concentrate on is the footy.

A very similar looking guy to Shane Whitnall was an onlooker at Kings Park Seymour last Satdy for the Seymour v East Burwood clash . . . . maybe he's thinking of heading back up the Hume to have another stint at the Lions Den?

Would'nt suprise me just to get away from all the drama. I have seen Shane play at many clubs & he is a succesfull and important player, for any club. I've seen him read the ball BETTER than most current afl FOOTBALLERS. Also he received 5 weeks based on the fact the guy was taken to Hospital in an Ambulance!!! Thats serious business, it was a serious incident....

:rolleyes:

Its official, I just spoke to a mate from Seymour & he has infact signed there, by understanding the offer was to good to refuse.....
Apparetly Bundoora have lost a number of "important" players and he just did'nt feel they would be a succesfull team this year....

:rolleyes:

Its official, I just spoke to a mate from Seymour & he has infact signed there, by understanding the offer was to good to refuse.....
Apparetly Bundoora have lost a number of "important" players and he just did'nt feel they would be a succesfull team this year....

What a scumbag attitude. "Oooh, we're not going to win so I'm not playing". Clubs are better off without blokes that are prepared to bail as soon as things get a bit hard.

Would'nt suprise me just to get away from all the drama. I have seen Shane play at many clubs & he is a succesfull and important player, for any club. I've seen him read the ball BETTER than most current afl FOOTBALLERS. Also he received 5 weeks based on the fact the guy was taken to Hospital in an Ambulance!!! Thats serious business, it was a serious incident....

Trying to pump up your own tires Shane??

i was there to mate.. right in front of it actually a pure accident one of those things that happens when u play footy thats the risk you take doesnt matter how much u weigh.

I was more highlighting the fact that the big tough guy picked on the smallest bloke on the field.

I was more highlighting the fact that the big tough guy picked on the smallest bloke on the field.

I have been a huge advocate for cutting down violence in this league but I have to admit I saw it and the main damage was done when his head hit the ground. The bloke was always going to come off second best but good on him for committing to the block. He has admitted to this to Shane when Shane rang him to check on his welfare in the following days.:cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have been a huge advocate for cutting down violence in this league but I have to admit I saw it and the main damage was done when his head hit the ground. The bloke was always going to come off second best but good on him for committing to the block. He has admitted to this to Shane when Shane rang him to check on his welfare in the following days.:cool:

Fair enough, we all see different angles. At the end of the day he missed the finals and Heidelberg won! :thumbsu: Coincidently, the guy he clocked also missed out on a finals spot.

What time was this cause I saw him having a beer at the Bundoora pub around 5:30 on saturday

Like I said look similar may not have been him but was at 3/4 time so Im guessing about 3.30pm as the game was over a tick after 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back