LLF

Debutant
Jun 22, 2003
SA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
SANFL
Listened to the Port v Central mud wrestling yesterday and heard of an interesting competition for us "keyboard experts."
The radio station doing the game were running ads looking for a footy fans to help broadcast the finals series.
Only catch I think is you can only go on air if your team is playing.
footysa.com have an entry form for more details & online registration

I have a real problem with this comp, why is it a stipulation that your team has to be playing finals?
Its not as though one team plays every final and yet you get to sit in the box for ALL finals games, not just the one your team is involved with.
Im sure there would be many potential commentators out there who barrack for 5 of the 9 clubs yet aren't eligible.

I think you have it slightly wrong, from what they said on radio yesterday and from what I read on footysa.com they are looking for a fan from each of the 2 teams playing on the day to give us a "biased" perspective on their teams performance. ie if its Sturt v Eagles in the 1st semi then there will be one Sturt and one Eagles fan going head to head in the broadcast booth. Yes it is unfair that is isnt open to North & South fans etc but Maybe you should tell them to do it during the minor round next year so everyone can have a go ?

Originally posted by LLF
I think you have it slightly wrong, from what they said on radio yesterday and from what I read on footysa.com they are looking for a fan from each of the 2 teams playing on the day to give us a "biased" perspective on their teams performance. ie if its Sturt v Eagles in the 1st semi then there will be one Sturt and one Eagles fan going head to head in the broadcast booth. Yes it is unfair that is isnt open to North & South fans etc but Maybe you should tell them to do it during the minor round next year so everyone can have a go ?

Ahhh, well at least that makes sense, they should have made that point on their website.

PS Unless there was a bar next to the commentary position I couldn't see too many North supporters applying for it! lol

Further to last post this is off the entry form

"Six supporters will be chosen to claim a prize that money can't buy: They will join the 5PRH commentary team live on air to provide "expert" analysis on their club's efforts during the 2003 finals series. In the week leading up to each of the first three finals games, RPH Adelaide will select one supporter of each of the participating teams. The winners will be provided with entry to the match, and to the AAMI stadium media centre for that game. They will join the usual commentary team of Darryl Smith, Dennis Brown and Phil Herden on air to give their comments in the lead-up and during the game."

So six winners by three finals works out to 2 per game and by my reading you only get to do it once and only when your team is playing.

Originally posted by LLF
Further to last post this is off the entry form

"Six supporters will be chosen to claim a prize that money can't buy: They will join the 5PRH commentary team live on air to provide "expert" analysis on their club's efforts during the 2003 finals series. In the week leading up to each of the first three finals games, RPH Adelaide will select one supporter of each of the participating teams. The winners will be provided with entry to the match, and to the AAMI stadium media centre for that game. They will join the usual commentary team of Darryl Smith, Dennis Brown and Phil Herden on air to give their comments in the lead-up and during the game."

So six winners by three finals works out to 2 per game and by my reading you only get to do it once and only when your team is playing.

Well there ya go, perhaps I should learn to read!:p

Enter Tonight

Apparently there are very limited windows to enter by phone, just one hour per week for 3 weeks.

One is tonight (Thursday) from 8.30pm to 9.30pm on the RPH Sanfl Show 1197am

Remove this Banner Ad

Back