Who went to Alice Cooper?

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 4, 2003
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Who caught Alice while he was in country?

I saw the first Perth show last night and I'll tell ya what the great man is going strong, really great show and a fun night out.

My highlights were Go to Hell, Lost in America (which usually isn't one of my favourites but they nailed it, awesome), Is it my Body, Dwight Fry and the finish with Under My Wheels. Really top to bottom great anyway.

Here's a set list -

Department Of Youth (from Welcome To My Nightmare, 1975)
No More Mr Nice Guy (from Billion Dollars Babies, 1973)
Dirty Diamonds (from Dirty Diamonds, 2005)
Billion Dollar Babies (from Billion Dollars Babies, 1973)
Lost In America (from The Last Temptation, 1994)
I Never Cry (from Goes To Hell, 1976)
Be My Lover (from Killer, 1971)
Woman of Mass Distraction (from Dirty Diamonds, 2005)
I'm Eighteen (from Love It To Death, 1971)
Between High School and Old School (from The Eyes of Alice Cooper, 2003)
What Do You Want From Me (from The Eyes of Alice Cooper, 2003)
Is It My Body (from Love It To Death, 1971)
Go To Hell (from Goes To Hell, 1976)
Black Widow Jam (Inc. Drum solo) (from Welcome To My Nightmare, 1975)
Gimme (from Brutal Planet, 2000)
Feed My Frankenstein (from Hey Stoopid, 1991)
Welcome To My Nightmare (from Welcome To My Nightmare, 1975)
"The Piece" (Includes The Awakening)
Steven (from Welcome To My Nightmare, 1975)
Only Women Bleed (from Welcome To My Nightmare, 1975)
Ballad Of Dwight Fry (from Love It To Death, 1971)
I Love The Dead (Band vocal only)
School's Out (from School's Out, 1972)
Poison (from Trash, 1989)
I Wish I Was Born In Beverly Hills (from From The Inside, 1978)
Under My Wheels (from Killer, 1971)

Also, anyone else heard the new album 'Dirty Diamonds' ? should be available in Australia soon. It's a great little album, some top songs on there so keep an eye out for it.

Re: We're all POISON !!!

What a KILLER concert !! I was at the Palais in Melbourne and the set list was very much the same. Alice's daughter, Callico, was quite impressive also and the showmanship of the man (of the year) can't be understated. Although I was high up on the Dresser Circle, I thought this gig was equally as impressive if not a tad better than the Brutal Planet gig when I was right on the lip of the stage and copped all the confetti & stuff. Too difficult to pin point favourite song of the night but like you said Black (serious) JuJu, the LOST IN AMERICA was a KNOCKOUT !! the lyrics get me laughing all the time. I would of only prefered 'Teenage Frankenstien' over 'Feed My Frankenstien' but that's how Alice wants it, I'll eat it. Still think 'CHOP, CHOP, CHOP' deserves a run & my other fav, Might As Well Be On Mars, would be on the set list.

Thanx for set listing Black JuJu.

Sounds like a great setlist - only seems to be missing No More Love At Your Convenience , You And Me, and Cold Ethyl

The West seemed to enjoy it as well. I'll have to look out for the new album... :)

Bit of trivia.

Sun Arise the last track on Love it to Death is an Australian aboriginal song. Later covered by Rolf Harris. :D

Angus1 said:
I agree. Eric Singer is an awesome drummer man. One of the best.

Yeah , ive seen singer live a few times now. The guys a freak
One of the best was when he toured with Brian May some 5 or so years ago

Singer's drum solo rocked, he's got a good line up Coop, Ryan Roxie is a quality guitarist who's been around for a while now.

You know which album I got out this week, The Last Temptation, easily Coop's most under rated album in my book, anyone else a fan?

Choice cuts are Stolen Prayer (with Chris Cornell, one of my all time favs), Bad Place Alone and Cleansed by Fire. A real rocker of an album, not stuck in that pop metal style of Trash or Hey Stoopid but also not heavy like Brutal Planet.

FuManchu said:
Is he still alive?

After getting his head chopped off with a guillotine, you'd think that coffin on the stage was ready for burial but instead you've just admitted how BRAIN DEAD you really are !! :rolleyes: twit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

topjars said:
Im showin me age but I saw him at the Sydney Showground 25 odd years ago when he brought WTMN albumn.

Still kinda like him.

My mum wouldnt let me go.

Bitch.

Re: Dirty Diamonds ??

Any idea when 'Dirty Diamonds' gets finally released in Australia ? I read that the WorldWide release was the 4th July. No sign of it in my local 'shopping centre' cd stores. :confused:

I actually heard, horribly enough, that it might not even see an Australian release!

at least for not some time, which is a shame because I think it's probably his best since Last Temptation. If you want to be ever so naughty and go for a bit of an mp3 preview, at least get 'Zombie Dance' and 'The Saga of Jesse Jane', probably my 2 favourite cuts from the album.

Black JuJu said:
I actually heard, horribly enough, that it might not even see an Australian release!

at least for not some time, which is a shame because I think it's probably his best since Last Temptation.

Strange considering Alice played three tracks from his 'Dirty Diamonds' newie at the concert. I knew Dragontown got brushed over for a release here but I still managed to download most of the tracks that followed in the Brutal Planet vien, actually Dragontown had more a commercial friendly sound than Brutal Planet which I thouroughly enjoyed. Anyone seen Alice do the ads for the Marriot chain of hotels ? :D BRILLIANT !! the kinda neighbour anyone would crave for with those boots stomping on your lawnmowing and skipping rope with the kids ! Can't see any Oz artists topping that calibre of humour.

Back on the subject, the talk of the material for Dirty Diamonds was that 'no filler tracks' were to be imposed !! I'd take Alice filler tracks anyday of the year over most of the garbage that has been coming out for the last 10 years from wanna-be musicians !!

SaintsSupporter said:
I didn't end up going, but I wish I did. Sounds like it was quite good.

'quite good' is reserved for upcoming bands. BRILLIANT is what you would be saying for masters like ALICE !

Woodson said:
Strange considering Alice played three tracks from his 'Dirty Diamonds' newie at the concert. I knew Dragontown got brushed over for a release here but I still managed to download most of the tracks that followed in the Brutal Planet vien, actually Dragontown had more a commercial friendly sound than Brutal Planet which I thouroughly enjoyed.

Back on the subject, the talk of the material for Dirty Diamonds was that 'no filler tracks' were to be imposed !! I'd take Alice filler tracks anyday of the year over most of the garbage that has been coming out for the last 10 years from wanna-be musicians !!

Yeah it is quite weird eh, I guess it still might surface down the line though.

I liked Dragontown (it was readily available in WA, even the expanded edition), it was a bit more varied than Brutal Planet. Have you heard last years 'Eyes of Alice Cooper' ?

Dirty Diamonds is a good album, maybe 1-2 songs I'd consider filler, 3-4 really good songs and the rest is quality. It's a good mix of hard rock, Stonesy kind of stuff, Alice's quirky stuff and more. Try and download it eh, should be out there by now.

I really wanted to go, but didn't have a spare $125 floating around. If it had been $100 or under I would have gone. Shame, as I've been listening to him since I was 10.

The Last Temptation is a very good album. Not many people seem to have it, I suppose because it didn't really have any big hits.

Black JuJu said:
Yeah it is quite weird eh, I guess it still might surface down the line though.

I liked Dragontown (it was readily available in WA, even the expanded edition), it was a bit more varied than Brutal Planet. Have you heard last years 'Eyes of Alice Cooper' ?

Dirty Diamonds is a good album, maybe 1-2 songs I'd consider filler, 3-4 really good songs and the rest is quality. It's a good mix of hard rock, Stonesy kind of stuff, Alice's quirky stuff and more. Try and download it eh, should be out there by now.

Happen to ask @ JB HiFi and the guy says 'many ppl have asked about it' and he got on the blower and got confirmation that it will be released down under in the next week or so. Says that the distribution companies had to sort out something. As for downloading stuff, I did that with DragonTown and I intend to get my hands on the original copy of Dirty Diamonds.
I picked up 'Eyes' in the first week last year, had traces of Vintage Alice which I really enjoyed so much, I still think that the imagination & humour/concepts of Alice Cooper is way ahead of it's time. ie: Brutal Planet seemed like a 'terrorism warning' among other political messages (none intentionally I hope).

For those who missed going to see the Coop. Put that down as 'one to regret'. You can understand that concert prices are never going to be cheap for international acts these days and the re-couping costs for making these events a worthwhile effort.

Re: Dirty Diamonds released

I trust ALL of you have purchased Alice's latest and greatest offering !!?

Already listened to it 5 times since picking it up on Thursday and it keeps sounding better each single time. Have loaded the 6 stack in my car (don't steal it though) with other stuff like Rolling Stones & U2 just to break the choice up.

Many outstanding tracks also >> just need the airplay to get the message accross otherwise alot of ppl are just missing out on a great collection of catchy tracks. Felt that the title track, DD, has a very Deep Purple motoring feel to it aside the rousing chorus. Too many tracks to list to split the best track on this cd but the humour & change of pace/ sound of 'Saga of Jesse Jane' is just another indication that Alice Cooper just keeps getting better with his song writing & I'd love to see a vid release of 'Saga of Jesse Jane' >> just what the world needs, Bubba !! :D

alice was seen on the great outdoors promoting his hotels in America that he runs/owns. it is sad that albums from veteran artists are seldom given a chance in this country, its a crying shame, it better be available,

Remove this Banner Ad

Back