Who will play off in GF?

Remove this Banner Ad

harsh. but fair

All Australian
Nov 20, 2004
Other Teams
Essendon
There has been a couple of cracker matches in the last two weeks between teams destined to play off.
A fortnight ago, Myrtleford ended Yarrawonga's undefeated start to the season by winning a ripper game at Myrtleford.
At full strength these two teams are a cut above the rest in the O and M.
Also last Sunday, in front of a huge crowd at Maffra, Maffra coach Hayden Burgiel snapped a goal late to pinch a win for the home team which brought undefeated Sale's run to an end in the West Gippsland-Latrobe league.
Like a Yarrawonga-Myrtleford grand final a Sale v Maffra will pack them in.
Any other predictions?

In the Picola Football League, I reckon Tungamah v Shepp East, in what should be a ripper. Especially if it is a fine day and Tunga's forward line can play to their full potential.
Murray League: Nathalia v Mulwala. Don't think anyone will get close to Nathalia, but Echuca United are a bit of a dark horse. Playing great footy at the moment and Guy Campbell set to resume soon from a broken foot.

Thompson V werribee centrals in the gdfl. thompson on the weekend thumped the centurions by 111 points in the supposed game of the season but i have a feeling this could be amazingly reversed in september.

Tooleybuc Manang vs Balranald in the Central Murray FL. Tyntynder should go close aswell.

Wakool vs Nulliwil in the Golden Rivers FL.

Imperials vs Robinvale in the SFL. Irymple to choke again.

south bendigo vs gisborne in the bendigo footy league
last sat south scored their 1st win over gissie since 2000
south top of the ladder, gis 2nd and golden square currently 3rd
square lost to gissie by 7 points in a great game the weekend b4 last

looks likely that in the Bendigo FL, Gisborne will be playing Sth Bendigo.

THe GV is very close this year, with any of Shepp Swans, Seymour, Mooroopna, Benalla and Euroa thinking they are a massive show of taking it out..I'll predict Seymour v Benalla..

The Kyabram league is also very close this year, and I think Ardmona will face either Stanhope or Lancaster..

The Ovens and Murray looks likely to be Myrtleford and Yarrawonga.

THe Heathcote league could be between either of Heathcote, Lockington, Elmore or Mount Pleasant, and I think arch rivals Elmore and Lockington might tussle it out there..

Bullants to play Sandy in the VFL..

Adelaide to play either Melbourne or the dogs in the AFL..

Heidelberg to play Bundoora in Diamond Valley div 1, South Morang to play arch rival Greensborough in Diamond Valley div 2..

wimmera league seniors i'd tip Horsham v Dimboola
Dimboola are the most undiscipline side in the wfl they can;t afford to do any thing silly against Horsham Rd 15 be the Match of the round
Horsham v Dimboola at city Oval Horsham ,
Dimboola can;t afford Horsham to kick 10 goal first quarter like last time
10.2 to 1.1 at qt johns is the top goal kicker for horsham in wfl kicked a heap over 10 goals a game one game he kicked 17 ,14 etc he'll get well over 100 the rate he's going

UP HERE IN ALL REGIONALS

BUNDY/WIDE BAY: Bay Bombers look certainties to make it. Either Brothers or Across the Waves will be their opponents with Bay Power making up the numbers in the 4. TIP: HERVEY BAY BOMBERS vs ACROSS THE WAVES

CAIRNS: Manunda Hawks are having a season out. South Cairns look to be the likely opponents, as they are 2 games ahead of everyone else yet 2 games behind Manunda. TIP: MANUNDA HAWKS vs SOUTH CAIRNS

CAPRICORNIA: Looks to be a Brothers vs BITS GF barring another poor finals series from the Saints. Everyone else is too inconsistent to make it, or are scared of us. TIP: BROTHERS vs BITS

DARLING DOWNS: University look as if they will be in the GF. Either Coolaroo or Central to be their opponents. TIP: UNIVERSITY vs COOLAROO

MACKAY: 3 horse race. Looks as though Whitsunday are favorites after beating Mackay City. North Mackay are on top but any of these 3 could make it. TIP: NORTH MACKAY vs WHITSUNDAY

MT.ISA: I think the league exists, not that anyone knows about it.

TOWNSVILLE: Hasn't been updated for 3 weeks. Uni Hawks look certainties to make it. Hermit Park or Thuringowra could go either way to fill the 2nd spot. TIP: UNI HAWKS vs THURINGOWRA

Gladstone Small said:
Tooleybuc Manang vs Balranald in the Central Murray FL. Tyntynder should go close aswell.

Wakool vs Nulliwil in the Golden Rivers FL.

Imperials vs Robinvale in the SFL. Irymple to choke again.

please gladstone imps wont make it this year irymple will play robinvale no body else is any good....

No Port Douglas in AFL Cairns this season?? Things must have changed up there!!! Maybe when a few of the Crocs legends headed to Centrals this year that may have upset things at Port. Perhaps someone can fill me in.

I follow a number of comps so here are some ideas on GF combatants for 2006

Maryborough Castlemaine FL - Harcourt v Newstead

Lexton Plains FL - Skipton v Natte Bealiba

Central Highlands - Daylesford v Waubra

Eastern FL - Division 1 - Noble Park v Vermont (a certainty!)
Division 2 - Wantirna Sth v Norwood
Division 3 - Sth Croydon v UFTG
Division 4 - The Basin v Whitehorse Pioneers

Yarra Valley Mountain District FL
Division 1 - Monbulk v Silvan
Division 2 - Warburton Millgrove v Thornton Eildon

Riverina FL - GGGM v Leeton Whitton

Farrer FL - The Rock Yerong Ck v Northern Jets

Mallee FL - Sea Lake v Beulah

O&M - Myrtleford v Yarrawonga

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ha ha, good call timba, you never know, it could be possible. maybe a gf rematch from last year even?? who knows??

Kooley said:
Thompson V werribee centrals in the gdfl. thompson on the weekend thumped the centurions by 111 points in the supposed game of the season but i have a feeling this could be amazingly reversed in september.

Good call!!!

badds said:
please gladstone imps wont make it this year irymple will play robinvale no body else is any good....

No faith in your mob Badds?

Santoz said:
No faith in your mob Badds?

plenty of faith actually think mildura and wenty are the only two sides who can beat irymple..... that comment was made when it looked like ough, ben clay, dale king and phil byrnes all looked like missing the rest of the season...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back