Who will win the 2011 RWC in NZ?

Remove this Banner Ad

ill have a go plus i thought it was time for a bump :thumbsu:

NZ ova AUS GF
France ova ARGies 3rd

I think France will finally win it. Easily the best tight 5 in the world in my opinion (particularly front row) with a lot of depth, and they can play any style of game so I can't see them having a problem adapting to conditions or the various tactics of opponents.

The pool game between France and NZ will be a good indicator. Could be a preview of the final.

Will be interesting to see how Fiji and Samoa do in their group with Wales and South Africa. It's as close to a home world cup as either of those sides are going to get and they'd both fancy their chances I'd say. That group certainly looks the hardest to predict (at least for 2nd, as you'd think South Africa would go through).

And how boring is the group with England, Argentina, Scotland and Georgia going to be! All sides strongly favour 10 man rugby...Scotland will probably be the most attacking side in the group which is pretty unusual. Would be good to see Georgia topple one of those sides though, even if they do it ugly. Watching them almost beat Ireland in 2007 and really sticking it to the South Africans in 2003 was great...and by the looks of their recent results they've improved again.

France have a great pack, this is true. Their scrum is probs best in the world but their backrowers are very good too. Harinodorquy, Dusautoir and Ouedraogo. Tough, mobile and hard to beat. And Trinh-Duc is getting better and better at 10 with Jauzion, Bastareaud in the centres and then Poitrenaud and Clerc outside.

Damn good team, i hope they bring out their best side out here for the Autumn Tests.

I like that the majority of the contenders for the French back 3 aren't too big - seems that way to me anyway. They're all pretty nippy and elusive yet are physical enough to defend against bigger players. Proof that outside backs don't all need to be 95+kg's.

I didn't think we were playing France this autumn? I thought it was just Fiji, England and Ireland??

You're right, dunno why i said that. I wish they were coming out though!

But yeh, i hope Ireland and England bring out their top teams, they are supposed to now due to some rule change or something but who knows if they will actually do it. Would love to see Ireland's top team out here with some of the best in world rugby. O'Driscoll, O'Connell, D'Arcy, Heaslip, Kearney, Ferris, Wallace are all top rate players and young guys like Sexton, Trimble, Fitzgerald are getting there too.

England are duds though.

France? I don't think so. New Zealand aren't going to lose a pool match in a RWC and definitely not while at home. Which means France gets the bum end of the draw for the rest of the tournament.

If NZ don't win it this time I have no idea when it will happen

France? I don't think so. New Zealand aren't going to lose a pool match in a RWC and definitely not while at home. Which means France gets the bum end of the draw for the rest of the tournament.

NZ won't win. You can't win a World Cup on the back of pure counter attack.

Even if they lose it they'd more than likely play England in the quarters and I'd back them to win that. It won't make a huge difference who comes first or 2nd in that pool really cause I can't see any of England, Scotland or Argentina beating either NZ or France (though you'd have probably said the same thing last time, and Argentina beat France twice...France might even prefer to play England as Argentina have been a massive bogey side for them).

I just think they're the most complete team at the moment and a lot of their players are right at their peak. That said, NZ have home advantage, Australia are starting to look good, South Africa have dominated world rugby for a few years now and England know how to grind out victories in world cups. Then a side like Ireland could potentially have a big tournament.

I just hope the late kick offs don't mean we get a whole lot of kick fests and dropped ball.

1/4 finals
France - Argentina
Australia - Wales
England - New Zealand
South Africa - Ireland

1/2 finals
France - Australia
New Zealand - South Africa

final
France - South Africa

New Zealand may not win it but with their home record they must be favourites.

No team outside of the 3N teams will get a sniff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back