Why?

Remove this Banner Ad

the_messiah

Senior List
Oct 5, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Can someone please attempt to explain to me, why players such as Gehrig, Milne, Fiora are in the St Kilda team...They shouldn't even be in Springvale.

Gehrig = retire. (superstar against hack backlines, liability against good backlines)
Milne = in best 22. (Having an ordinary year though, Grants master plan to turn him into a midfielder has hurt his natural game)
Fiora = in best 22 (However should hang his head in shame, twice he missed sitters and twice it rebounded out for Melbourne goals)

Easy to sit here and blame it on Fiora but there were 21 other guys out there as well. Maguire should be named as a liability. He's the perfect match up for Neitz, height, build and speed wise but couldn't stop an under 19 kid at present and i'm sure you can find many more players to look at if you search hard enough.

:)

_Ron_ said:
Gehrig = retire. (superstar against hack backlines, liability against good backlines)
Milne = in best 22. (Having an ordinary year though, Grants master plan to turn him into a midfielder has hurt his natural game)
Fiora = in best 22 (However should hang his head in shame, twice he missed sitters and twice it rebounded out for Melbourne goals)

Easy to sit here and blame it on Fiora but there were 21 other guys out there as well. Maguire should be named as a liability. He's the perfect match up for Neitz, height, build and speed wise but couldn't stop an under 19 kid at present and i'm sure you can find many more players to look at if you search hard enough.

I could find half the team. But currently Neither 3 of those mentioned players deserve to be in the 22, nor does ackland just to name a few. But then again if Grant Thomas is still coach they all deserve to be in the 22

EDIT: Sorry i forgot to mention, Milne, Mcgough, Shwarze, Maguire, Hughton, Gehrig, Fiora and Ackland did not have 10 disposals. Emphasising my point that players should be in the team on current form, not name, meaning nearly all of them would be struggling for a spot in Springvale

Shwarze as was playing in a congested forward line and still forced a contest which is more then Gehrig on most occasions.

Never liked Ackland though and won't be sorry one little bit to see him go.

_Ron_ said:

What is it with Thomas and Connolly trying to turn small forwards into midfielders.
We have the same shyte with Medhurst. Both Medders and Milne are very similar, they both have great goal sense, can both kick a bag, there both cheeky little buggers who opposition supporters love to hate but there not bloody midfielders, leave them in forward fifty and let them do there thing.

Att : the_messiah

You are either not a St.kilda supporter or you are completely stupid. Have you seen our injury list?:eek:

FFS, I can understand supporters of other clubs, but one of our own. Do me a favour, don't ever make another post on BigFooty agan.

You are just a supporter blinded by the fact...that we have beaten just 1 DECENT team this year..
WINS :
Brisbane, 15th at the time
WBulldogs, 5th
Richmond, 14th at the time
Carlton 15th
Kangaroo's 14th

LOSSES:
Westcoast 1st
Melbourne 6th
Fremantle 7th
Port Adelaide 12th
Geelong 13th

No, I am not blinded at all. You are probably not a supporter of the Saints. Your original post was.......**********Can someone please attempt to explain to me, why players such as Gehrig, Milne, Fiora are in the St Kilda team...They shouldn't even be in Springvale**********

With an injury list like this, who do you suggest we play? I eagerly await your answer Mr. the_messiah!!

Raphael Clarke (quad) test
Xavier Clarke (hip) 4 weeks
James Gwilt (leg) 3 weeks
Aaron Hamill (knee) 4 weeks
Justin Koschitzke (fractured skull) indefinite
Fergus Watts (ankle) indefinite
Lenny Hayes (knee) season
Andrew Thompson (back) 4 weeks

DDC City West said:
No, I am not blinded at all. You are probably not a supporter of the Saints. Your original post was.......**********Can someone please attempt to explain to me, why players such as Gehrig, Milne, Fiora are in the St Kilda team...They shouldn't even be in Springvale**********

With an injury list like this, who do you suggest we play? I eagerly await your answer Mr. the_messiah!!

Raphael Clarke (quad) test
Xavier Clarke (hip) 4 weeks
James Gwilt (leg) 3 weeks
Aaron Hamill (knee) 4 weeks
Justin Koschitzke (fractured skull) indefinite
Fergus Watts (ankle) indefinite
Lenny Hayes (knee) season
Andrew Thompson (back) 4 weeks

I would of said throw Rix in but he was tried today. Gehrig played well today, but Milne once again 0 goals. Why not give someone like Gwilt a chance up forward, today was a day that Small Forwards can only dream about...yet milne didn't register a major.

Fiora once again just 5 possessions, McQualter or Powell could have been given a chance, netiher of them could have done ANY worse than Fiora did.
Don't get me wrong, i wasn't getting annoyed with the lack of goals by Gehrig or Milne, but the lack of instensity and effort.

You can't possibly have any issue with the endevour of either Gehrig or Milne last night surely? They both tried very hard (the whole team did) and while Gehrig was very effective if Milney had kicked straighter he could (and should) have had a couple of goals. Wasn't the effort at fault. And it was hardly the night for forwards to dominate.

In the last quarter Milney made a very significant contribution to locking the ball in on the wing against two opponents that kept the pill out of the danger area. That was exactly what was needed at the time.

You can't give a chance to Gwilt - coz he's out injured??? Funnily enough, you are actually quoting the list that has him listed as injured. Just goes on to show... everyone says, St Kilda is playing crap; st kilda's players aren't that good - well, St Kilda's players are good, if we can get them on the field at one time!!!!!!!!!

"the_messiah" - you seem to be like a person who likes to criticize for the sake of criticizing.

Powell - shocking kick, shouldn't and wouldn't play another match for the year injuries permitting. Edit: Still is suspended in the VFL, so can't play.

McQualter/Fiora - we needed someone with leg-speed just in case. Anyway, McQualter has been reasonable yet his body is still developing, hence.

I dodn't criticise for the sake of it i do it because its needed. If you are content with being 6wins 5 losses or 5 wins 5 losses then you can find excuses, but like that, and with players averaging 5 disposals a game we won't win a premiership.

i dont rate fiora at all and mcqualter impressed me enough last yr to outline that he should be given a go.
gwilt is another who impressed and yes he is injured but i dunno why he wasnt given a run earlier in the year when he wasnt injured that just shocked me.
milne is definitely good enough to be in our team, he is our designated small forward and might be in a bit of a poor patch but u stick with him cos hes our crumber, he played well last night. one instance where i saw him run around a sydney player and kept his feet :O:O in those conditions, i mean he still butchered the ball, but he kept his feet!!!! very un-milne-like.
gehrig was superb last night, on a night where no-one else in the saints team kicked more than 1, to kick 3 and coulda had a handful more...the number of times he was one-out in the goal square and was just unable to soccer it through, but thats not his job, im glad he put in an effort when the ball went to ground. inspirational stuff from the G-train
ball had a beaut game, hopefully hes back in form, hasnt played too well under the captaincy burden but fingers crossed thats bout to change

(Log in to remove this ad.)