In:
Out: S Weddell, R McNally
Ararat
In: B Taylor, J Robinson
Out: D Mendes, J Ganley, H Ganley, N Mendes, C Mendes, D Shelly
Saints
In: L Hendy, D Rees
Out: L Fisher
Any update on the ins and outs for each team?

Any update on the ins and outs for each team?

Burras

In L Fisher, N Petering, L Johns, D Inglis

Out T McIntyre, C Bateson, A Trenthowan, V White

SMG

In F Dorbolo, J Hall, B Whelan, M Cooke

Out S Weddell, R McNally

Ararat

In B Taylor

Out Mendes x 3, Ganley x 2, A Hasslet, D Shelley, A Pianta, J Bates

Stawell

In

Out Taurau x 2, N McRoberts, D Joiner, D Andrivon

saints

In D Rees, L Hendy

Out L Fisher, A Gove, M Martin

Anyone have any idea on clubs positions? I’ve heard some clubs keen to get a season going, others dead against. Anyone privy to any future announcement?

I hope the season goes ahead. if it does my prediction is
Minyip-Murtoa
SM Giants
Horsham Saints
Ararat
Horsham Demons
Warrack Eagles
Stawell
Dimboola
Nhill

Surely a decision had to be reached tonight? Either cancel the year or announce a start date. If you can’t reach consensus why not vote on it? Majority rules. District league have given there followers some direction and clarity. Ridiculous players and supporters get strung along when majority of leagues in vcfl are looking to have had decisions made either way by the end of this week. I thought that was the point of tonight’s meeting?

I hope the season goes ahead. if it does my prediction is
Minyip-Murtoa
SM Giants
Horsham Saints
Ararat
Horsham Demons
Warrack Eagles
Stawell
Dimboola
Nhill
Ararat have lost far far to many players to be competitive this season.
MM
SMG
HS
Demons
Stawell
WE
Dimmy
Nhill
Ararat

Top 2 stand out, HS just behind then a s**t fight for the last spots.
Anyone have any idea on clubs positions? I’ve heard some clubs keen to get a season going, others dead against. Anyone privy to any future announcement?
4 no's 4 yes' one on the fence from what I have heard. Unsure if these positions changed as of last night.
Surely a decision had to be reached tonight? Either cancel the year or announce a start date. If you can’t reach consensus why not vote on it? Majority rules. District league have given there followers some direction and clarity. Ridiculous players and supporters get strung along when majority of leagues in vcfl are looking to have had decisions made either way by the end of this week. I thought that was the point of tonight’s meeting?
Decision held over to next week for whatever reason that maybe.

Minyip
Dimmy
Giants
H/Saints
H/Demons
Stawell
Ararat
Nhill
Warrack
I'd be putting Warrack above Nhill and Rats.

Rats have lost all their players and even talk of only fielding one senior side this season. Nhill struggling as they haven't been able to recruit out of Adelaide like previous years due to the uncertainty of borders etc.

Wouldn't be surprised if this was the last year of the WFL and HDFL as they stand currently. A lot of teams from both leagues struggling for numbers across juniors and seniors across both codes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm coming up to the wimmera for a holiday and want to play footy for a team. I'm in the under 17s and I found out the closest team to me is the Warrack Eagles and conveniently they are playing the Southern Mallee Giants who don't have an Under 17s team. What I want to know is do they still play a practice match against each other and can I just rock up and play

Giants wanting to play 16 a side in the Seniors this week. Country Footy is f ucked.

edit: Signed Ex Port & Bulldogs player Jackson Trengrove yesterday & played with 18 in their lost to the Saints today.

Last edited:
Is the Nhill-KLU merger still on?

I haven't heard any more about it apart from the initial announcement and then a later story said that Nhill might back out of it around the time they won with Dale Thomas playing.
Merger is off. Let's hope Nhill can field an U17s next year and a A Grade, not a good look when there B Grade is top of the table

Rumour of Stawell signing a recently retired Hawks captain as coach for next season. Depending on who you ask he has signed whilst others are in the boat of he isn't interested in playing/hasn't finished making his mind up (may be that their teams have missed out on his services).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back