Opinion Chad Wingard

Remove this Banner Ad

Excuse me but Butcher's comeback was an unmitigated success. He took a huge mark and kicked a big goal to win us the game in the SANFL before injury.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
He was injured before we drafted him, that’s why he lasted to our pick.
Year before he got injured he was looked upon at going possibly pick 1 but teams smarter than us didn’t take the risk. At the time we was in the market for a forward and took the risk, it never paid off.

I would take wingard back in a heartbeat. Felt very sorry for him. Loved watching him play & my wife loved watching him too. Such a talent.
Hawks initially bulked him up & tried to make him a tough midfielder but he found form in that difficult high half forward role.
Forget midfield, exactly the type of player we need up forward.

He was injured before we drafted him, that’s why he lasted to our pick.
Year before he got injured he was looked upon at going possibly pick 1 but teams smarter than us didn’t take the risk. At the time we was in the market for a forward and took the risk, it never paid off.
We also were running the shittiest football department at that time. Our fitness coach literally had Moobs. It's almost certain his injuries were mismanaged, in addition to his lack of being backed in. Between those two, at any of those other 'smarter teams' he'd have been a solid 200 game journeyman KPF. No Buddy , N. Reiwoldt or Tredrea, but then most forwards aren't. Butcher and Wingard - I feel my blood pressure rising at how Ken kills careers as effectively as he does non-performing dogs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bring our son back home. I don't give a *. Whatever it takes, he deserves to retire with us. * you ken

“Whatever it takes” is about winning flags, even when said as a dark joke about Essendon.

“We exist to make sentimental gestures” on the other hand is about some little battling club at Alberton.

An extremely talented yet ultimately underachieving small forward who may just get on the park for one year in 2025 is not your “missing piece”.

On iPhone using recycled electrons, via BigFooty.com mobile app

Should we consider redrafting him if he gets delisted?
He has a year long injury but his form before was excellent.
No he had his time and he peaked early in his career.

He is cooked.

Are we desperate or something?
I'd imagine us being desperate would be a move to bring Buddy out of retirement for a handsome contract and that sounds more enticing then bringing back wingard.

“Whatever it takes” is about winning flags, even when said as a dark joke about Essendon.

“We exist to make sentimental gestures” on the other hand is about some little battling club at Alberton.

An extremely talented yet ultimately underachieving small forward who may just get on the park for one year in 2025 is not your “missing piece”.

On iPhone using recycled electrons, via BigFooty.com mobile app
Sure, but we're going for a 30 year old ruckman who's one serious injury away from his career being over and that's supposedly the missing piece.

If we can delist Fantasia and get Chad for nothing, I don't see what the issue is. Especially when Jed mcentee is running around week after week. In Chad's last 4-6 weeks, he showed to me that there's still something there that could be cruicial in a finals series.

Sure, but we're going for a 30 year old ruckman who's one serious injury away from his career being over and that's supposedly the missing piece.

Wingard has already had the serious injury that means his career is over, that's the obvious difference. He'll play little to no football next year. At which point he'll be nearly 32 heading into the 2025 season.

No he had his time and he peaked early in his career.

He is cooked.

If we offered him a 2 year contract, 150k a year with incentives. Definitely would have been playing for us this year, had a fantastic month of football before he got injured.

Wingard hate in here is laughable, if he got his leg fixed he’s literally an upgrade on all our small forwards

It would take a team of 22 Jed’s to out perform one chad

Pull your bloody heads in !

Is it really any different to the over the top Shaun Burgoyne hate that was here for a decade?

People realise he's likely not playing at all next year yeah? Which would make it 4 seasons since he's had a full season (a season in which he was ordinary for most of it anyway). A lot of love for a small forward who kicked 9 goals in 14 games this year.

Hard pass. Hard hard hard hard pass.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back