Women’s footy is winning the war

Remove this Banner Ad

Ever since the AFLW begun their have been thousand of critics lining up to kick the girls and the competition in general mainly from dinosaurs of the past. They scream and shout every time that aflw came on tvs or if there was a lower scoring game instead of embracing the future or applauding excellent defensive ability of the teams.

As more teams join the Comp the dinosaurs are starting to become extinct and there is now a huge groundswell of support for the girls and push for the competition to take centre stage. It’s time that every side had a team and double headers are played across the length of the season. There should be equal pay for the girls with the likes of Erin Phillips receiving enough to make her a marquee like buddy franklin that everyone of every gender can get behind.

The AFL simply isn’t doing enough at the moment and I for one demand better. They should be actively promoting the game and the players on a daily basis. There should be more women on the afl commission and on clubs at board level. Should be 50/50 gender representation in the media and at club level in coaching panels.

AFLW flags should be added onto the official tally of afl flags for the club (ie dogs on 3 instead of 2). It’s time t be better and move with the times
Absolute dribble. Four paragraphs of it as well.

Watching womens footy has made me think makeup should be banned for all women. It's not like every guy out there walks around with pictures of Brad Pitt or me painted over their face.

Watching womens footy has made me think makeup should be banned for all women. It's not like every guy out there walks around with pictures of Brad Pitt or me painted over their face.

LOL, what the * is this shite supposed to mean?? Are you one of those incel *s?

Ever since the AFLW begun their have been thousand of critics lining up to kick the girls and the competition in general mainly from dinosaurs of the past. They scream and shout every time that aflw came on tvs or if there was a lower scoring game instead of embracing the future or applauding excellent defensive ability of the teams.

As more teams join the Comp the dinosaurs are starting to become extinct and there is now a huge groundswell of support for the girls and push for the competition to take centre stage. It’s time that every side had a team and double headers are played across the length of the season. There should be equal pay for the girls with the likes of Erin Phillips receiving enough to make her a marquee like buddy franklin that everyone of every gender can get behind.

The AFL simply isn’t doing enough at the moment and I for one demand better. They should be actively promoting the game and the players on a daily basis. There should be more women on the afl commission and on clubs at board level. Should be 50/50 gender representation in the media and at club level in coaching panels.

AFLW flags should be added onto the official tally of afl flags for the club (ie dogs on 3 instead of 2). It’s time t be better and move with the times

Hi, one of my nieces in currently training with the Hawks VFLW team hoping to play AFLW next year so I have a vested interest.

An interesting wish list you present and in the future some of these could be possible.
I understand your passion but in reality, (leaving the standard of the actual football/competition aside, which is improving) there are some basic economics that must be addressed such as generating revenue and establishing market value.

To the best of my knowledge the AFL and most clubs have invested a significant amount of time, money and resources into the ALFW competition thus far and from a purely financial perspective they have basically zero in return. Accordingly and although not a popular reference the AFLW is currently and essentially a marketing exercise.
I believe there are promotional and financial models which the AFL and the AFLW are working towards to achieve viability and market value but it will take time and lot of work and unless a billionaire suddenly appears the AFLW will likely remain a 7 to 10 week competition for a few years to come.

I visit the AFL website regularly and there always appears to be updates on either the AFLW or other women's competitions. I also think you'll find there are an increasing amount of women involved at all levels in the AFL itself and at most of the clubs - including a number of current and previous club board members, Presidents and CEO's.

A response with something other than a personal insult would be appreciated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back