Current Trial Wonnangatta - Murders of Russell Hill & Carol Clay *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty

Did Greg Lynn tell police where he buried the bodies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

MOD NOTICE

This case is sub judice as under consideration by the courts. Sub judice contempt can occur if information is published that may be prejudicial to the court proceedings.

Please do not state as fact that which is opinion. Also, use 'IMO' and 'allegedly' a lot.

Rules - Updated Crime Board Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING

General Information The BigFooty Crime board is a community that fosters discussion on current and past crimes, some which have social and media notoriety, that attracts the attention of public opinion and discussion on such matters. Please read these rules very carefully, both the Big Footy...
www.bigfooty.com
www.bigfooty.com

Disappearance of Barwon Prison Boss David Prideaux - High Country Mount Stirling
Hit and Run Death of Bryce Airs - High Country Jamieson

Israel Keyes

On the Greg Lynn committal proceedings Crown Prosecutor Mr Dickie said 'It is clear hopefully from the document, and if it's not clear from the document it's clear hopefully from the charges put before the court, that it is alleged of course that the accused acted with murderous intent when he allegedly killed the two victims.'

Last edited:

Re painting of the car the first time.

Anyone seen or can remember/source any confirmation of dates when this might have happened.
The first paint job (that we know of) took place between September 2016 and July 2019. I can't recall a narrower timeframe being publicly established.

Ok now I remember.

Video on Facebook exists which proves the car was blue by 14 January 2018. I'm reluctant to post the link because it may be deemed to be giving away too much information about the address of the alleged murderer's house.

Somebody yesterday (in a since deleted post) also pointed out that post #1720 provides an aerial shot of the car on 17 September 2017. But because of the shade from nearby trees, it's hard to tell if the car is blue or white.

To summarise...

If you think the car in post #1720 is blue: he first changed the colour between September 2016 and 17 Sep 2017.

If you think the car in post #1720 is white: he first changed the colour between 17 Sep 2017 and 14 Jan 2018.

I am guessing your mate doesn't change colour each time?

Himself, no. But many do, for a change. 4wd repaints are very common especially for 25 year old bush bashers.

Also GL didn't repaint all panels either. Some were still blue.

For me it wasn't a serious attempt at concealing the car.

Btw he didn't just change the colour of the car numerous times within a few years (after not changing the colour once for 20 years). Those changes also "coincided" with stickers being added and removed from windows.

Double btw, while it's hard to tell the colour of the car from this photo:

carbw1.png

You can nevertheless see (in addition to the sticker on the passenger window) how the petrol tank door blends in with the rest of the car, unlike when he repainted it:

carbw2.png

That the petrol tank door wasn't repainted suggests not carelessness but rather a calculated deviousness. He thought about it enough to make sure the car would look different even in greyscale/sepia.

Double btw, while it's hard to tell the colour of the car from this photo:

View attachment 1917721

You can nevertheless see (in addition to the sticker on the passenger window) how the petrol tank door blends in with the rest of the car, unlike when he repainted it:

View attachment 1917725

That the petrol tank door wasn't repainted suggests not carelessness but rather a calculated deviousness. He thought about it enough to make sure the car would look different even in greyscale/sepia.

Not sure if I remember it incorrectly but I recall that the bonnet also wasn't repainted. Im trying to find photos but can't as of yet.

To me, if one wanted to really hide the car they'd completely change the configuration of it. He kept the water tank, roof racks etc. Put it this way it is easy to identify the vehicle off the black and white image from the resort cam without any colour.

In my opinion I don't see any real attempt to conceal the identity of the car. And realistically, the only way to do that would be to torch the vehicle.

Not sure if I remember it incorrectly but I recall that the bonnet also wasn't repainted. Im trying to find photos but can't as of yet.

To me, if one wanted to really hide the car they'd completely change the configuration of it. He kept the water tank, roof racks etc. Put it this way it is easy to identify the vehicle off the black and white image from the resort cam without any colour.

In my opinion I don't see any real attempt to conceal the identity of the car. And realistically, the only way to do that would be to torch the vehicle.
He changed the unimportant stuff that served no purpose (including the highly recognisable sticker on the passenger window, which you keep ignoring).

But he kept the stuff that was harder to ditch, or served a purpose (the bonnet was painted matte black--never blue--to reduce sun glare onto the windshield)... unless it could be sold for a couple of bucks.

As for torching cars, it's already been established the perpetrator is an incompetent idiot who doesn't know how to do that.

He changed the unimportant stuff that served no purpose (including the highly recognisable sticker on the passenger window, which you keep ignoring).

But he kept the stuff that was harder to ditch, or served a purpose (the bonnet was painted matte black--never blue--to reduce sun glare onto the windshield)... unless it could be sold for a couple of bucks.

As for torching cars, it's already been established the perpetrator is an incompetent idiot who doesn't know how to do that.

He managed to make a trailer completely disappear into thin air and if innuendo in here is corrrect has gone undetected for a very long time.

Not sure he’s that stupid, especially considering he’s a qualified pilot.

He managed to make a trailer completely disappear into thin air and if innuendo in here is corrrect has gone undetected for a very long time.

Not sure he’s that stupid, especially considering he’s a qualified pilot.
The sudden disappearance of the trailer just makes him look more guilty. Not too bright at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any strange disappearances in the area he was driving in we should look in to?

Hahah ill have to check!!

Some info on Raptor coating, it's big in the 4x4 market:

The previous color that old mate painted his Patrol was one of the base colors (you can see it in the product description). To achieve other colors there's a mixing process involved which isn't straightforward. Hence most people who repaint their 4wd with raptor just do it in the base colors.

We did the job over a day, with this kit and other consumables we were able to repaint an entire vehicle for around $1000 all up. Much, much cheaper than heading to a panel beater for a respray.

Blokes redoing their 4wd with this stuff happens pretty regularly.

The sudden disappearance of the trailer just makes him look more guilty. Not too bright at all.
The thing is it wasn't sudden.
It is one of the mysteries that the Police wanted solved with their multiple appeals for information on it.
It's discussed at length in this thread, with various ideas proffered as to how it was possibly done.

The thing is it wasn't sudden.
It is one of the mysteries that the Police wanted solved with their multiple appeals for information on it.
It's discussed at length in this thread, with various ideas proffered as to how it was possibly done.
...it was in his possession for many years and then, one day soon after the murders, it was gone without a trace. "Sudden" would therefore be a fair representation of the nature of its appearance.

And an even better word to use would be "convenient".

Re painting of the car the first time.

Anyone seen or can remember/source any confirmation of dates when this might have happened.

If the High Country murders may have triggered the last paint job …. Joining some dots and working backwards, are there any news worthy events around that time - as in missing people or hit and runs.

You don’t just paint your car, (twice) - something triggered it.

This will be the number one item on the defence list to get excluded from evidence.

They’ll argue it’s far to prejudicial to the case and the probative value is outweighed by the danger of unfair prejudice.

Correct although none of what has transpired before can be introduced into evidence of the current proceedings.

Doesn't mean people on the jury might not have heard it or read it. I'll have to remove all future references to Doha, just in case. It would be different if that information came from an accredited news source.

I don't want us to risk the thread, particularly so close to trial.

Any deletes I need to do, may be restored at a later date.

There's no way the police could introduce that without a conviction of some sort.

Under propensity evidence I think they can. We saw propensity evidence introduced through the Claremont murder trials relevant to and where there weren't any convictions for prowling, break and enters, assaults and sexual assaults.

That was under judge only trial which may not be an option here.

That was under judge only trial which may not be an option here.
This is correct. Because a Judge is meant to be able to cast aside those things which are outside his remit but the fear is a jury wont

Nothing to report other than witness has been told they would be called up sooner rather than later (ie early in the list)... Still waiting.

Re content of discussion. As this case is now sub judice, anything that has the potential to contaminate a jury member is risky - for the sake of justice for Russell and Carol, I'd recommend all "facts" be preceded by 'allegedly' and speculation should be noted to be of the posters own opinion.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nothing to report other than witness has been told they would be called up sooner rather than later (ie early in the list)... Still waiting.

Re content of discussion. As this case is now sub judice, anything that has the potential to contaminate a jury member is risky - for the sake of justice for Russell and Carol, I'd recommend all "facts" be preceded by 'allegedly' and speculation should be noted to be of the posters own opinion.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
So to confirm it is a jury and not judge alone trial?. Is that is what has taken the time now, jury selection?

Back