Worst Clubrooms provided For senior Use

Remove this Banner Ad

anyone who played EFL against The Basin would remember getting changed in their away rooms, which were about 3m x 3m. Blokes had to get changed in waves cos there was no room! That and the fact that it doubled as a boiler room. Last i heard they've been updated, i hope so for all who travel there!
They are a disgrace

natimuk in the horsham district fl (vic) had the worst rooms i have ever seen and will never see rooms like that again (hopefully). taylors lake had pretty ordinary ones aswell

he he, a very funny topic.
I have had the pleasure of playing at the basin and the rooms are so small you think your team mates are having you on when they show you to the rooms. I think that fades to the back of your head when their supporters start throwing vb stubbies on the ground at you.
Leitchville, koondrook and pyramid hill all had *SHOCKING* showers but koondrook took the cake with a hole in the grandstand that allowed koondrook spectators to see the ball on th ground and the balls of all the opposing players, what a spectacle...
The further we turn back the clock, the worse the rooms would get im sure, in the old echuca league sharing showers and tin sheds were the rule not the exception.

Hawthorn ametuers old changerooms - Old house converted, visitors rooms was the lounge room attached to 1 toilet and 1 cold shower.

South Mornington - 2 Showers, recess filled with anlke deep cold muddy water, on one of them water comes out of the shower tap instead of the shower head.

Glenferrie Oval (2 yrs ago) - building falling apart with debris everywhere, no showers and toilets (see building)

anyone who played EFL against The Basin would remember getting changed in their away rooms, which were about 3m x 3m. Blokes had to get changed in waves cos there was no room! That and the fact that it doubled as a boiler room. Last i heard they've been updated, i hope so for all who travel there!

I went and watched a few mates from whitehorse play the basin , didn't go in the rooms but it seemed like there was a lot of people in there , so either they have renovated or they were close . White hills have a similar problem although it had a long narrow hallway , which provided a spot to hide from the coach and his natterings . And like the Bx bandit I recall the pain of the static charged taps of the n&efl and showering in possum sh1t at Koondrook:thumbsdown:

• King Valley FNC Visitor's Changerooms in the O & K FNL are probably below standard these days. Very cold dark shower recess.:thumbsdown:
  • North Wang's FNC old Visitor's Changerooms use to be a disgrace! But they now have the best changeroom facilities in the O & K FNL.:thumbsu:
  • Albury FNC Visitor's Changerooms under the old grandstand are the worst in the
O & M FNL.:thumbsdown:

West Footscray in WRFL are an absolute disgrace. The oval is an old tip and you have to pick up dog s&%t off the ground before you play. The away rooms are small, cramped and dirty. The toilet doesn't even have a door on it:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Gladstone park, wrfl div2.... the visitors room they are the smallest ever, you cant even get half the team in thr at once, you honestly have to get changed as quick a poss, so you can get out and let someone else get in.. i think the coaches box mite be bigger then the room.

lol yea they are small as i would have to say brunswick div 2 wrfl small, smelly and dirty i hated them and monee valley same as brunswick but i would have to say braybrook would have to have one of the best

• King Valley FNC Visitor's Changerooms in the O & K FNL are probably below standard these days. Very cold dark shower recess.:thumbsdown:
  • North Wang's FNC old Visitor's Changerooms use to be a disgrace! But they now have the best changeroom facilities in the O & K FNL.:thumbsu:
  • Albury FNC Visitor's Changerooms under the old grandstand are the worst in the
O & M FNL.:thumbsdown:

But the old picture theatre seats were magnificent!

Worst up here would have to be Boyne Island's rooms. The toilet is often blocked and it reeks. Plus the showers are generally devoid of hot water after about 10 minutes.

We used to have the worst when we played at Victoria Park. Years ago (early 90's) the visitor's "ROOMS" were just a public rotunda wrapped in canvas! No showers for either side as well. Thankfully a shed was built in the mid 90's with showers which were slightly better.

Brooklyn in the western suburbs, kick that rats out, no lighting, freezing showers and no guarentee your car will still be there after the game...:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Can anyone tell me if there were any improvements done to the rooms out at Sandy Creek oval at the weekend?:confused: They have been in pretty ordinary nick the last few years. How was the surface?:confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cudgewa's away rooms resemble a barn abeit a poorly built one, while Tumbarumba's away ones might the newest in the Upper Murray (they were probably built in the 70's!) they make for a nice human sardine can. Dunno if any of the clubs up there have heard of sporting grants:rolleyes:

Oak park(edfl) away change rooms are disgraceful.... Had to go home before the game to use my own toilet a couple of years ago

Remember playing junior footy at yarrambat they had a tin shed with a dirt floor

Heatherton in the SFL, visitors get changes in a small portable. It is either hot or frezzing cold. Its a shame how they are aloud to get away with this in this day and age.

Barnawartha's away rooms are a disgrace, Mitta's old rooms at Eskdale were in the same class as Barny's, Benalla's when they were in the O and M were pretty ordinary for the standard of competition. Osborne's aren't too flash (a shearing shed with a giant rug to separate the opposing teams) must spend all their money on players! Down the road at Lockhart the opposition share the same showers (interesting after spiteful games). Border-Walwa's home rooms double up for a social room with the players getting changed behind a rug while the opposition's rooms resemble a WWII gas chamber. Cudgewa's away rooms look very similar and Bullioh's are the next best thing to a sardine can:)

Only the visitors rooms were a disgrace, no hot water and wind swept. Mitta's home rooms at Eskdale weren't bad.

Brooklyn in the western suburbs, kick that rats out, no lighting, freezing showers and no guarentee your car will still be there after the game...:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

I was reading this thread almost gobsmacked that I was on the 3rd page without mention of Brooklyn....easily the worst I've seen.

A tiny, dark concrete jail cell, complete with bars on the small window, small enough to make Nelson Mandela give thanks for the spacious and homely cell he was lucky enough to reside in for 27 odd years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back