Worst match ever! (and what you should watch)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rusty Brookes

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 9, 2001
Preston
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn, Manningham Cobras
I'm sounding a bit like that collector guy on the Simpsons (who sometimes cuts a little too close to the bone for my liking ;) ) but the match between Trish Stratus and Bradshaw against Jackie Gayda and Chris Nowinski on Raw was the worst wrestling match I have ever seen.

It made some of the Ultimate Warrior's matches like a Bret Hart scientific classic. At least Bradshaw and Nowinski had the good sense to brawl into the audience (which gave the hilarious impression that they were so embarrased by the match that they ran away). Trish and Jackie Gayda were simply diabolical.

Seriously the WWE women (except for Molly, Jazz and maybe Linda in time) are shocking workers. The Japanese girls on the other hand are sensational. Some of the great moves I've seen in Joshi Puroresu (Japanese women's wrestling) include:

Manami Toyoda's Ocean Cyclone Suplex (opponent on shoulders, double arm crossed into bridging german suplex pin)

Toshiyo Yamada's 360 degree flying enzuigiri

Bull Nakano's leg drop from the top of the cage

Manami Toyoda's somersault into float-over sunset flip

Akira Hokkuto's springboard somersault plancha from the middle of the top rope (done while covered in her own blood)

Mayumi Ozaki's cartwheel over the ropes into twisting slingshot cannonball plancha

Dump Matsumoto's textbook petrolcan to the head

Aja Kong's spinning back elbow and her lethal german suplex (imagine a female Rikishi who does high spots and is a killer scientific worker as well an awesome brawler).

Any one of the girls does the double foot stomp from the top of the cage.

Instead of these great wrestlers who put on 30 minute classics, I have to watch siliconed blonde bimbos insult the sport I love (only second to football). Trish and her ilk are fine as valets: but please keep them away from the ring.

Great post Rusty.

I totally agree, they do insult pro wrestling when they are in the ring. If they are in there for their looks keep them as valets and nothing else, that's fine with me.

Don't get me wrong, I love bra and panties matches as much as anyone, but when they try to push a match as being serious they need to have serious performers. Molly, Jazz and maybe Lita are the only females that should be allowed to fight in matches with serious build ups.

Originally posted by Rocco Jones
Don't get me wrong, I love bra and panties matches as much as anyone,

The eggnog match should be considered a classic.

The Trish/ Jackie was awful. The fact that Bradshaw was there didn't help either. The crowd loved it too.

The collector guy on the Simpsons is a champ.

It's not Jackie Gayda's fault, its the fault of Vince and his cronies for pushing a chick with no skills whatsover.

The entire Tough Enough stuff is complete bull****, Maven is the only half-decent talent to come out of either program.

The WWE have perfectly talented women sitting in the back, instead they push someone like Jackie.

I could not believe the WWE would put a match like that on in Philly.
That is ECW territory, putting a women's match that doesn't include Jazz or Elektra on the card is a guaranteed disaster.

Talk about throwing one to the wolves.

J.R didn't even try to gloss over the numerous blown spots, now thats saying something.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back