Young kids with pierced ears

Remove this Banner Ad

Its abusive and idiotic. I've seen 2-3 year old boys with their ear pierced. Uhh hello? Don't parents think its a childs choice whether they want it or not? I think ear piercing should be banned until the age of 7.

I rate it, because there's always the chance the ear piercing will go horribly wrong and the child dies from an infection or pierced brain.

And the less children stinking up this planet the better.

Brittany said:
So true, it's so stupid..what the hell do they even need one for?
It seems to be a social thing you know they're always comparing each others phones... It seems to be a fashion accessory for them if you know what I mean? You know, it's "cool" to have a fancy phone and if you don't have one or yours doesn't have more features than a Swiss Army Knife you are mercilessly teased and picked on.
PerthCrow said:
To ring or text dads who live interstate :)
GOLD! :thumbsu:
shaz63 said:
Like hell. I have seen young kids screaming that they dont want them done and in pain afterwards.

The parent doesnt care. They think that it looks good on babies and infants.. wrong.......its a form of abuse.
True. It looks stupid on them. I've seen a two year old boy dragged into a piercing place by his mum and she tried to force this little kid to stay still so it could get an earring. The little kid bit his mum and ran out and she went after this poor little kid and dragged him back in. I intervened and said "Hey, this kid doesn't want to get his ears pierced. It's abuse to force him to have it done" and she just gives me this filthy look and chucks the kid in the car, slams the door and drives off.
Brittany said:
Yeah but i've seen 7 year olds with phones, it is getting bloody ridiculous. Kids that age don't need phones because it's not like they should be allowed out without a parent anyway.
Agree. The standard of parenting these days is terrible. I've seen five year olds hanging around the shops with no supervision. Discipline is a must for any child. I was smacked as a tacker and I think it is necessary for discipline.
viccles said:
Its abusive and idiotic. I've seen 2-3 year old boys with their ear pierced. Uhh hello? Don't parents think its a childs choice whether they want it or not? I think ear piercing should be banned until the age of 7.
Yep. Its a form of abuse.
SydneyDon said:
I just saw a young girl under 2 years old with pierced ears.

Disgusting and should be outlawed.

I terrible Bogan trend.
I have a little cousin who had her ears pierced at three days old by her mum who thought it looked "cute". Poor little bubba

matera_goal said:
It seems to be a social thing you know they're always comparing each others phones... It seems to be a fashion accessory for them if you know what I mean? You know, it's "cool" to have a fancy phone and if you don't have one or yours doesn't have more features than a Swiss Army Knife you are mercilessly teased and picked on.

Yeah I know what you mean, my little sister (who is 7) asked my mum for a phone the other day, I told her that there was no way in hell that she needed a a phone and asked her why she wanted one, she replyed "but one of the girls in my class has one". I was quite shocked, as she is only in year 1. I think parents really need to stop giving their children things such as this as they do not need it at all. It doesn't help that the media are now aiming mobiles at younger people through TV shows and childrens toys.

matera_goal said:
Agree. The standard of parenting these days is terrible. I've seen five year olds hanging around the shops with no supervision. Discipline is a must for any child. I was smacked as a tacker and I think it is necessary for discipline.

Yeah, I have seen many young children walking the streets by them selfs and crossing big main roads without any supervision, it's just pathetic. Parents these days are just getting way to lenient.

Brittany said:
Yeah I know what you mean, my little sister (who is 7) asked my mum for a phone the other day, I told her that there was no way in hell that she needed a a phone and asked her why she wanted one, she replyed "but one of the girls in my class has one". I was quite shocked, as she is only in year 1. I think parents really need to stop giving their children things such as this as they do not need it at all. It doesn't help that the media are now aiming mobiles at younger people through TV shows and childrens toys.

Yeah, I have seen many young children walking the streets by them selfs and crossing big main roads without any supervision, it's just pathetic. Parents these days are just getting way to lenient.

All because of good old PC. :rolleyes:

Brittany said:
I'm sorry but what do you mean?
Political correctness, I gather.

And in regard to the topic, yes it looks very cheap and tacky for little children to have piercings IMO.
When they're 8 or 9 and if they ask for it, and they are quite sure then perhaps it can be looked at.
The standard of parenting these days is quite lamentable, a lot just don't really seem to care. It's pretty sad.
Then on the other side of the coin, you have some who overly zealous and stunt their children's development.

spell_check said:
Political Correctness.

I think this sort of comes under not smacking, trying to be really soft on children etc.
Thanks for clearing that up, I understand what you were saying now :eek:
I really think that parents should be able to smack their children, aslong is it isn't going to really hurt them because kids these days just get their own way with everything, and what are they going to do once they get out in the real world and find out that everything isn't handed to them.

Brittany said:
Thanks for clearing that up, I understand what you were saying now :eek:
I really think that parents should be able to smack their children, aslong is it isn't going to really hurt them because kids these days just get their own way with everything, and what are they going to do once they get out in the real world and find out that everything isn't handed to them.

That's right, as long as it lets them know what's wrong, without being really aggressive about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back