Your 2012 Highlight/Lowlight?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos
I know the seasons go Aug-May etc but it's the end of your calender year...what's your stand out moments be it good/bad/otherwise?

HIGHLIGHT(S)-Glory defying all (especially their fans) and making the A-League final.
-Messi's record.
-Celtic's efforts in Europe.
-Bayern Munich losing the European Cup final in front of their arrogant conservative Bavarian fans.
-Del Piero, Heskey and Ono coming to Australia.
-The Premier League finale'

LOWLIGHT(S)-The way Glory lost the A-League Grand Final.
-Germany's capitulation in the Euro 2012 semis.
-Wannabe ultras getting worse in the A-League.
-Francis Awaratife and Craif Foster still on SBS.
-Chelsea winning the European CUp against Bayern Munich in front of Bayern's arrogant conservative Bavarian fans.

Highlights - Winning Carling Cup
- Mehmet getting sacked
- A League this season.
- Evra getting dropped after first match at Euro 2012
- an absolute cancer on French football that bloke.
Lowlights - Both Liverpool & Victory's capitulation last season
- Losing FA Cup final to the chavs.
- Harry Kewell saga.
- French bowing out meekly to Spain at Euro 12

Highs
  • We won the f***ing Champions League :eek::D (seems so long ago)
  • Watching Utd players faces when they found out THAT result.
  • The City win on the last day, may be one of the best games, and finishes, given the circumstances I've ever seen. Was uttterly insane.
Lows
  • RDM sacked.
  • The month of November
  • Hearing that most likely Frankie will be moving on :(

Lowlights -
1. Chelsea winning the champions league, just because it had a s**t effect on two of my teams (stop Bayern from winning, Spurs being in next years CL).
2. Germany not making Euro final.
3. Modric and VDV leaving Spurs.
4. Chelseas two manager sackings.

Highlights -
1. Juve undefeated
2. Pirlos Performance for the whole year
3. Marco Reus moving to Borussia Dortmund and people starting to notice how good he is.
4. Bayern young duo (Muller & Kroos) started to really stand up.

Highs:
- Champions League obviously, Didier fricken Drogba
- Aguero's goal
- Hazard signing
- Another trophyless year for Arsenal
Lows:
- Torres up until about a month ago
- AVB sacking, RDM sacking. Never nice
- Fabrice Muamba
- RvP's close shave with death last night

Highlights:

- Brisbane winning back to back titles
- The way the Final was won was a particular highlight after all the sooking from Perth fans
- Tony Mowbray's continued good job at Boro under tough conditions
- Messi at Barcelona

Lowlight:
- Boro just missing out on play offs
- Newcastle doing so well in the EPL :)

Highlights:

- VAZ TE!!!!!!!!!!!! (Play off Final)
- Play off Semi-Final (or the Jack Collison show)
- Beating Chelsea
- Didier Drogba leaving Chelsea on such strong terms

Lowlights:

-Injury after injury (esp. Momo Diame in Liverpool game)
- Andy Carroll

I actually consider Muamba a highlight because he is still alive. The fact it could of been so much worse is a blessing in a weird kind of way
Yeah I thought about that when I posted it.

Because it cut a career short is why I put in the low light category.

Highlights:

- The way the Final was won was a particular highlight after all the sooking from Perth fans

And a merry xmas to you too ;)

skynews_829002.jpg

For me the highlight has to be the final day of the premier league, specifically the Man City vs QPR match. I have never experienced a sporting occasion with so many twists and turns with so much at stake, the entire day is still somewhat surreal.

The lowlight is Portsmouth's relegation and continual demise as a football club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For me the highlight has to be the final day of the premier league, specifically the Man City vs QPR match. I have never experienced a sporting occasion with so many twists and turns with so much at stake, the entire day is still somewhat surreal.

It will be something I never forget. As a neutral, it was just brilliant.

The lowlight is Portsmouth's relegation and continual demise as a football club.

Literally exactly what I was about to post (Obviously replace Portsmouth with my club).

It would've been for me if I didn't switch the TV off in disgust at the 60th min coz of those City chokers.

Then I heard from someone they won it, I was like wtf

Highlights:
- RVP turning down the Gooners to join us.
- RVP's winner against $hitty, magical.
- RVP's first hat-trick for United.
- Ange going to the Victory
- Chelsea getting knocked out of the CL
- Liverpool's ongoing nightmares
- SAF getting a statue outside Old Trafford, legend
- Ronaldo apparently wanting to return to United

Lowlights:
- United doing so poor in Europa League
- Chelsea winning the CL
- City winning the league
- Our ongoing list of injuries.
- Victory's 11/12 season.

And a merry xmas to you too ;)

Does that win really make up for it? :D Nah, the only thing that will is winning your own, but you'll need to have at least 1 shot on goal next time ;)

Still, you've got more chance of winning it than us this year haha...Merry Xmas...

Most of my highlights come from the title run in.

Highlights
Man City v West Brom - Getting updates from the crowd during the game, at 1-0 some bloke behind me yelled out that Wigan had scored again. Word got around the stand and everyone was jumping up and down, then the bloke behind realised they'd just hit the post and it was still 1-0. Finally got confirmation of the final score as everyone was leaving the ground, bit of hope again.

Man City v Man United - Not so much the game which was a bit rubbish with United coming for a 0-0 draw. But the goal and the "Hey Jude" at the end of the match was awesome.

Newcastle v Man City - Watched this at the pub, and looked around after Yaya's first. Grown men with tears in their eyes, for many of us it was as much about the past 20/30 years at is was about this season. Yaya got his second and for the first time in the season I thought we might just win it.

Man United v Everton - Watched on the tellie, don't think I've ever jumped as high for another teams goal than I did when Pienaar scored.

Man City v QPR - Great build up to the day, great end to the day. 90 minutes of pure torture in between. Aguerroooooooooooooooooooooooo

Bayern Munich v Chelsea - Piss funny to see Munich choke, piss funny to see Spurs cry.

Lowlights
Arsenal v Man City - I figured we weren't going to win it by that stage, this game just confirmed it in my mind.

Champions League 2012/13 - Barely a whimper.

Fallout from Suarez and Terry situations - And in general the increase in racism around grounds and social media. Football shown in a really bad light.

Bayern Munich v Chelsea - Sad to see Chelsea win it, sickened to see John Terry run around in full kit.

My highlights are from games I was at -

Scottish cup final - beat Hibs 5-1. Second half was a party. They still haven't won it since 1902. Amazing.

Archie v Heart - enough said.

Naboout v Sydney - 2-0 down, 10 minutes left. Win 3-2. Scenes.

Highlights:
Brisbane Roar winning back-to-back championships
Everton starting the season well for once
Everton finishing above the redshite
Getting to see the great Emile Heskey play live ;)

Lowlights:
Brisbane Roar missing out on the League title
Brisbane Roar not getting out of the group stages of the Asian Champions League
Po$tecoglou leaving the Roar to join the $cum.

and the worst football moment of the year...
Losing the FA Cup semi-final to the redshite, one of my lowest moments as an Everton fan.

Highlight - getting to see the Western Sydney Wanderers finally start.

Lowlight - Losing to shitteh in the last miute

Remove this Banner Ad

Back