80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited by a moderator:

Had to cancel yesterday and might have to cancel today, copping a bit of bad luck with timing have a pretty sore right foot from a minor injury and unsure if I should push it today or just be sensible. The wound is on the ball of the foot so walking is a killer.

Strongly recommend lessons from a pro rather than advice from multiple sources. If you can
Second this.
You'd confuse the hell out of yourself (as I have learnt) taking advice from 20 different sources.

One pro if you can ManOfClay , I tried lessons from 2 coaches and even that advice sometimes contradicted each other. Taking it from 20 different random would be harder.

I'm talking fundamental swing advice here, I wouldnt build my swing from random but little tidbits around the course can be helpful from anyone.

Yeah I’ll seek out the pro up here when he’s back in action
i mean no harm in asking questions to your bigfooty brothes and sisters, but ultimately your coach/instructor will be the absolute best to help you improve. it does sound like youre having fun playing though, which is key!

i mean no harm in asking questions to your bigfooty brothes and sisters, but ultimately your coach/instructor will be the absolute best to help you improve. it does sound like youre having fun playing though, which is key!
One of my coaches once laughed at me when I said I saw something on YouTube and that's what I was trying to change.

His exact words to me were "Why the hell would you take swing advice from someone who hasn't seen your swing?"

When you think about it, he has a point.

One of my coaches once laughed at me when I said I saw something on YouTube and that's what I was trying to change.

His exact words to me were "Why the hell would you take swing advice from someone who hasn't seen your swing?"

When you think about it, he has a point.
indeed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find Youtube useful for ideas around course management and methods of practice. It is generally completely useless for full swing technique. I reckon there is utility in a lot of videos which look at short game technique though.

I find Youtube useful for ideas around course management and methods of practice. It is generally completely useless for full swing technique. I reckon there is utility in a lot of videos which look at short game technique though.
This, i found a couple of things that have help me around the green.

In recent times I've lost my swing with my irons but haven't found much help online. I've found just hitting balls help and i'm starting to work it out

Hacked my way around Ballarat today. Generally drove great, missed only 4 fairways, no big misses which is unusual. Unfortunately all 4 missed went into deep fairway bunkers and was a wedge out. Irons back to an absolute mess though

YouTube has destroyed many a golf game - mine included. If there was a golf YouTube instruction anonymous I would be the first member. There is nothing to be gained trying to look for a magical technical fix from the mechanic merchants on there, like that Mark Tossfield w***er.

Only a few channels I like now. Golf Sidekick breaks course management down to something simple. TXG do good vids on equipment fitting. But that’s about it.

Last edited:
The only thing YouTube can be good for is the basics of the swing.

Alignment, ball position, stance.

The real fundamentals.

Even the basics are contradictory. Weak grip is bad. No a strong grip is bad. Open your stance. No close your stance. Move the ball further forward. No further back is better.

Set-up is so key in a golf swing I reckon. Wouldn’t trust any but the advice of a pro in person for this, personally.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back