80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
How close do you need to be? Somewhere like Growling Frog or Mandalay aren't that far away as well
I've played it probably half a dozen times. It's a long walk but a cart isn't essential. I'm unfit and I've walked it more than I've carted it.

Growling Frog and Mandalay are definitely better courses and both are within 15-20mins or Hidden Valley.
Have already booked the round, dinner is actually at the same place so makes sense playing there :D

Think I might try the cart/walk approach, where I'll get the cart for the first 9, see how we're going for time and if needed ditch the cart at the halfway point and walk the back 9.

yes i have myself. a longggggg time ago before i could play really. its miles away!

we carted. think the advice is right. the island greeen i recall

and the horses at the stables.

Thanks for that, will have nightmares now, I'm about to send about 16 balls into that lake before I might get one on the green :straining:

Thanks for that, will have nightmares now, I'm about to send about 16 balls into that lake before I might get one on the green :straining:
The island green is the 18th hole so if you don't make land just walk straight to your car ;) A member once told me that quite a few members there would regularly take driver just to ensure their ball would cross land at some point so they can go to the drop zone on the island :tearsofjoy:

The island green is the 18th hole so if you don't make land just walk straight to your car ;) A member once told me that quite a few members there would regularly take driver just to ensure their ball would cross land at some point so they can go to the drop zone on the island :tearsofjoy:
What's the distance to clear?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

St Andrews Beach
2man Ambrose
Nett 61.25
Finished Double bogey, bogey- ouch
Winners 58.25
13th for us - 13th wtf

Played pretty well just the last two holes and a short par 4 where I drove pin high, we chipped on and 3 putted - ahh

Am trying to play weatherman, it says heavy rain and thunderstorms predicted so hoping it all dumps over the morning/early arvo and I can get out for a twilight 18 if possible later.
Did ya get out?

Had a very early tee time down at the national. And we played an hour before electricity in the air caused cessation.

Back tomorrow for redemption

Did ya get out?

Had a very early tee time down at the national. And we played an hour before electricity in the air caused cessation.

Back tomorrow for redemption
Big milestone today, broke 100 first time at this course and 39 points at Glen Waverley Public.

Driver was very iffy but short game saved me all day.

Dunes today
30kn Northerlies, then 30kn westerlies, then horizontal rain, a bit of hail, sunshine then 30 kn southerlies ..... it was ******* brutal....24pts 😳
Were you hit downwind or into the wind all day then?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back