80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
27 points today at Victoria. I just simply can't play well there. Kills me, get so annoyed.

Some great irons today but club selection was just poor at times. Hit 3 greens in reg, just not good enough.

Heap of bunker action too.

Hopefully that is out of the way now with RM on Monday, lets just hope that works out okay otherwise anyone after some left hand mizunos, i know a bloke

(Conditions and weather fantastic)

27 points today at Victoria. I just simply can't play well there. Kills me, get so annoyed.

Some great irons today but club selection was just poor at times. Hit 3 greens in reg, just not good enough.

Heap of bunker action too.

Hopefully that is out of the way now with RM on Monday, lets just hope that works out okay otherwise anyone after some left hand mizunos, i know a bloke

(Conditions and weather fantastic)

Your roster is pretty solid.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

1 under the card this morning at Waverley private. Disappointed with 16 (3 putt), and 17 (left off tee). Happy overall, but at 3 under with 3 to play was expecting better..

That's 3 of my last 4 rounds par or better.

For those interested, we are having drainage work done atm so 1 par 5 has changed to a 4, and 1 par 4 has shortened to a 3.

1711766702709.png

Attachments

• 1711766647624.png
    1711766647624.png
    107.1 KB · Views: 9
Played Mt MARTHA.
Was expecting an absolute goat track, but pleasantly surprised.
Couldn’t fault the conditioning.
Greens looked mint, but played terribly….ridiculously slow.
Most of them were upside down saucer shaped so if you landed off centre it was generally bye bye.
Par 3, 13th should be bulldozed.
Could be a decent track if the greens were re-shaped.

30 points at the Marsh yesterday. Drove the ball magnificently, but completely wasted it. Five times I had second shots between 60 and 120 metres and missed the green completely each time. Embarrassing.

Finished strong, played last 4 in level par for 11 points to get to 30 to save a little bit of face.

Royal Melbourne West

What can I say, biggest golf bucket list item I have in Australia, and it lived up to it.

Started with my topping my 4iron off the first tee but we came back and lip out the par putt. But from there it was a mixed bag of everything. 3 wood was on for a change (290m off the second tee, 9-iron in), birdied the 4th and was stoked with that. brutal conditions at time with the wind and the greens just being difficult. But my bad shots weren't going to damper my mood, loved every minute of it.

We had 27 points but only 12 on the front 9 so wasn't too bad back 9. Can't wait to get back and have a hit at East.

Better update the spreadsheet.

Very happy man tonight, very content.

While I don't have a "I played at Royal Melbourne nah nah nah nah" tale (I'm jealous)...

Last Thursday during the round I felt a twinge on my round side that got worse as I made it to the turn, so I withdraw and drove myself straight to hospital. Behold, another kidney stone. Surgery that night and discharged on Saturday.

Thought it would be a smart move to play today and was one of about 20% of the field who had enough faith that Lang Lang could withstand 70mm of overnight rain (it did, very nicely).

Probably hit driver further and straighter than ever but my 2nd shots were mostly crap, except for the 7th (par) and 18th where the ball stopped 2 feet from the pin and I had a tap in birdie. Finished on 32 points and "won" $5.

Now my body is screaming at me and unnatural things are happening. But it was worth it for $5.

While I don't have a "I played at Royal Melbourne nah nah nah nah" tale (I'm jealous)...

Last Thursday during the round I felt a twinge on my round side that got worse as I made it to the turn, so I withdraw and drove myself straight to hospital. Behold, another kidney stone. Surgery that night and discharged on Saturday.

Thought it would be a smart move to play today and was one of about 20% of the field who had enough faith that Lang Lang could withstand 70mm of overnight rain (it did, very nicely).

Probably hit driver further and straighter than ever but my 2nd shots were mostly crap, except for the 7th (par) and 18th where the ball stopped 2 feet from the pin and I had a tap in birdie. Finished on 32 points and "won" $5.

Now my body is screaming at me and unnatural things are happening. But it was worth it for $5.
I’ve had kidney/gall stones.
Passing them is the worst….ended up having gall bladder removed…much better now.

If you really want to see the opposite sex lose it, tell them that kidney stones are worse than childbirth…gotta pick your target very carefully though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve had kidney/gall stones.
Passing them is the worst….ended up having gall bladder removed…much better now.

If you really want to see the opposite sex lose it, tell them that kidney stones are worse than childbirth…gotta pick your target very carefully though.
Yes I've used that line on the better half a few times, to mixed results. I don't think it's too far from the truth to be honest.

I've had 4 since 2016 that I've needed surgery to remove. This time around it was an 8mm monster.

Get the stent out on Friday, medal day Saturday.

Remember to the new folk or old folk who haven't jumped in. Plenty of time to join as only need 6 months (maybe less) months to qualify for the first Bigfooty Golf Cup.

There are some prizes at the end to the winners. Who doesn't like to win free stuff

34 points today and won the 4bbb comp with my old man with 45. Had two poor holes with poor tee shots on the back nine, but mostly pretty good on the front 9. Drained long par putts on 2 (index 1) and 4 (index 5) for some juicy 4 pointers. Back nine was rough but fatigue with my recent medical issues set in. Still, building up nicely for monthly medal.

An image to sum up my golf game today

IMG_4818.jpeg

(Was not for me or anyone at the club thankfully)

83 net in pretty brutal wind and rain. Started well enough but botched 3 and 6 on the front nine. Driver was on all day but 2nd shot and short game was not. Probably the most frustrating round for a while. But it was a tough day all round, I think the best gross score was 76.

35pts. Solid again.
9 pars, 1 wipe.

Hey question for the group.
I’m organising a trip in August to the Gold Coast. Got Hope Island, The Pines, The Grand lined up. Need one more.
Glades is cooked, maybe Lakelands?
Any ideas?
Why is The Glades cooked? I played there 11 years ago but interesting.
Maybe play Sanctuary Cove or Palm Meadows.
Is The Pines, Royal Pines?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back