Your Magpies' Regular XXI for 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Considering our current list, who do you think would play in Magpies' XXII next season?
21 in the SANFL.
F: Hayes - Ladhams - Thomas
HF: Neade - Marshall - Johnson
C: Amon - Atley - Summerton (C)
HB: Broadbent - Lienert - Toumpas
B: McKenzie - Hombsch - Irra
R: Frampton - Snelling - Trengove
INT: Drew - Hewett - Barry

Last edited:
21 in the SANFL.
F: Hayes - Ladhams - Johnson
HF: Amon - Marshall - Neade
C: Drew - Atley - Barry
INT: Hewett - Garner - Farrell

Fixed.

21 in the SANFL.
F: Hayes - Ladhams - Johnson
HF: Amon - Marshall - Neade
C: Drew - Atley - Barry
INT: Hewett - Garner - Farrell

I might be mistaken, but wouldn't be the defense our strongest sector in this line-up of yours?

21 in the SANFL.
F: Hayes - Ladhams - Thomas
HF: Neade - Marshall - Johnson
C: Amon - Atley - Barry
INT: Drew - Hewett - Garner
No Summerton? :(
I don't know what the future holds for Stevie and who could blame him for looking elsewhere.
If he does you'd think Toumpas for skipper. Alberton is going to be more than a bit different next year.

No Summerton? :(
I don't know what the future holds for Stevie and who could blame him for looking elsewhere.
If he does you'd think Toumpas for skipper. Alberton is going to be more than a bit different next year.
Unsigned and rules won't let him crack the side.

It's me who has to change my outlook and accept the obvious that the Maggies are, as Mic 59 says, a feeder club.
The number of players who have left this last month or so is a jolt for old tragics like me.
My attendance won't be affected but I fear our crowds next year will be down even further.

It's me who has to change my outlook and accept the obvious that the Maggies are, as Mic 59 says, a feeder club.
The number of players who have left this last month or so is a jolt for old tragics like me.
My attendance won't be affected but I fear our crowds next year will be down even further.
Unfortunately the Magpies exist in a Feeder league, take pride in knowing that our Club continues to feed SA Football and the only club that strives to make SA great!!

I fear last year was our last chance to win the flag.

The loss of quality Maggies listed players like Sharrad, Rudloff, T Gray and Reynolds is a killer. To win a flag we need 5 ready to go Magpies players and those with Summo were a group that was good enough. We wont be able to bring in quality like Summo, Sharrad or Reynolds again with the current rules.

It's a shame because one half decent kick rather than an absolute shank from Eddy and we've either won the premiership or at least gone to extra time.

We definitely are NOT a flag chance this year, that's for sure. With our extremely weak forward line we may in fact struggle to make finals at all.

I will still try and attend at least 8-10 Maggies games at Alberton, but I fear the bird has flown re us being realistic flag chances.
I also believe our crowds will be down even further next year. :(

It's a shame because one half decent kick rather than an absolute shank from Eddy and we've either won the premiership or at least gone to extra time.
IIRC 22 to 9 free kicks and as for that final free against Austin...........I mean please. Our coaching that day was.......anyway spilt milk now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unsigned and rules won't let him crack the side.

Understand the SANFL rules change when it suits them and yes we are a ALF reserves side but I do not accept the club couldn't do more to keep Steve Summerton, the guy has shown unbelievable loyalty and in 2018 the SANFL side really needs a leader and someone to show what it is to don the Port Adelaide guernsey.
Surely we could rest a player or two or even have rookie listed him so we have a proper captain each week.
The highlight for me in the SANFL last year was when he kicked a goal in his 200th game and pointed to his guernsey. LEGEND.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back