2008 NRL Grand Final - Manly Sea Eagles vs Melbourne Storm

Remove this Banner Ad

Awful display, once I seen the dreaded away kits being worn, I didn't rate our chances.

The omens were not good from early on.

could there be a more wonderful night than seeing the whinging organisation from the south get every single thing they deserved.

They go down in history as the worst Grand Final Team.

Glorious. :D:thumbsu:

Maybe Earls right. ;)

Just hope Waldron and Bellamy gets whats deserved as well in the future.

Menzies goes out the way true Loyal legends should. :thumbsu:

could there be a more wonderful night than seeing the whinging organisation from the south get every single thing they deserved.

Maybe Earls right. ;)

cant disagree with what you said, and yes we whinge cause we lost. perhaps the nrl want the storm to fold?

Like the Population of Sydney did themselves any favours (case in point you)

The NRL couldn't force them to run or coach the Wests Tigers:D

I wouldn't call going off and playing a season in England for some coin "Loyal" but I guess the people of Sydney and the NRL have a different meaning to one club man:rolleyes:

Still unlike the whole of New South Wales when something doesn't go their way, I'll at least admit that Manly deserve their Premiership, were the better side this year and on the day and it is good to see Menzies, Orford and Bell all get Rings.

Reading some of the posts on here I'm so happy I don't live in Sydney.

Last year most of Sydney and myself went for the Storm.

what changed this year. Well you all know the answer.

When those running your club call others corrupt for them being punished for what they have done consistently for 2 years, you deserved all the hate, and the 40-0 loss.

Maybe Earls right. ;)

let me guess you march in the mardi gras right!!!!! stick to that buddy you speak dribble everytime you open yr mouth

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ha ha, a West Tigers fan celebrating a Manly victory.

I hope you keep the allegiance next year :D

**** no. But TBD said Dassler was all class, I can't tell if he's being sarcastic or not, so I wanna know what went down.
des hasler is a quality fella.

know him very distantly through family friends and have met him a few times at barbeques etc,. really top guy.

des hasler is a quality fella.

know him very distantly through family friends and have met him a few times at barbeques etc,. really top guy.

went to one of the best footy schools in sydney.

3 coaches in the NRL at the moment in Sheens, Hasler and Fittler all went to St. Dominics.

who's decision was it to wear that? was it toss of the coin like in the afl?

Manly earnt the right to wear the home jersey after the re-seedings after week1 of the finals (Melbourne were ranked 5 after their loss to NZ), Manly were ranked 1.

The only thing worse than the insipid and soft performance the Storm put in was the nauseating wankfest in the channel 9 commentary box.

Ugh. I'll be dreaming of beavers tonight :rolleyes:

I am gutted as all Storm supporters are at the moment but hey guys, it was a huge effort to make the grand final afterall after losing to the Warriors, and I know we are not THAT bad as we played today.

Manly were very good and we were very bad.....saved our worst game for 3 years for today's grand final.

Don.t give up on your team...they have been to hell and back over the last few weeks and still managed to make the granny. The scoreline was bad on the day, but we aren't as bad a team as it suggests.

Even the losses of Crocker and company, we still have a core of good players and can build from there with Bellamy at the keel. Waldron is a great CEO IMO, its just those muppets from Sydney who are sooooooo far behind in professionalism its not funny!

The Storm have played some great games this year just unfortunate on the big day, we were so bad, we limped into the finals. Missed hoffy and cam as well.

Try and get to Vissy Park tomorrow at 3pm to thank the guys leaving and for a wonderful year. Don't kid yourselves, all other teams in the NRl would have killed to play in the granny.

Those stirrers from other clubs, leave us to mourn in peace or otherwise we will come to haunt you when you go through a similar loss.:thumbsdown:
Go and support your club and go to games muppets:mad:

Seems to be a lot of talk about Storm fans having a teary?

I for one couldn't possibly cry after that performance, it's almost like it didn't even happen. It wasn't even close to heartbreaking because it was like we didn't even make the GF!

As for the 'bandwagoners' I'm not sure they'd be crying either, after all, they are 'bandwagoners'.

Saying goodbye to Folau, Crocker, Kaufusi, Jeremy Smith, Geyer and I suppose you can count Aitken too.............that's gonna take some filling.

I can't see how Melbourne can continue to be the dominant force they have been over the past few years, but a side with Cam Smith, Slater, Inglis, Cronk, Hoffman and Johnson is still going to be a tough side to beat, especially in Melbourne.

Congrats to Manly, they can consider themselves unlucky not to have been minor premiers, but put in 3 dominant finals displays culminating in the belting they dished out tonight.

I look forward to next year........

Remove this Banner Ad

Back