NRL NRL 2023 - Grand Final Penrith vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching both games it’s hard to see how my bronx get it done with the defencies through the centers and edges defensively. Might be recency bias but the Warriors 3 tries made the defense look all at sea and the Panthers are such a polished product.

I think if Walsh can minimize mistakes but keep the attacking flair, Reynolds and Mam have their best possible games (and use their strengths, Reynolds kicking and Mam run play) and the defense plays second half warriors not first half warriors were in with a chance. Panthers will be warm faves

Watching both games it’s hard to see how my bronx get it done with the defencies through the centers and edges defensively. Might be recency bias but the Warriors 3 tries made the defense look all at sea and the Panthers are such a polished product.

I think if Walsh can minimize mistakes but keep the attacking flair, Reynolds and Mam have their best possible games (and use their strengths, Reynolds kicking and Mam run play) and the defense plays second half warriors not first half warriors were in with a chance. Panthers will be warm faves
Anyone's game. Broncos were my tip since the end of round 1.

Penrith have the experience and will be favourites, but they shouldn't be heavy favourites. It's probably a 60/40 game.

Heart says Brisbane, head says Penrith

They'll have a plan for Walsh and when they shut him down we'll struggle to score points

Massive week for Brisbane fans though, Lions and Broncos in the GF, so pumped

Brisbane have the team to beat Penrith.

The only team that matches Penrith in the forwards and have elite players in key positions

Brisbane by 8
Clive Churchill Patrick Carrigan

Yep. CC: Walsh.

Brisbane have the team to beat Penrith.

The only team that matches Penrith in the forwards and have elite players in key positions

Brisbane by 8
Clive Churchill Patrick Carrigan
They do if they can put points on the board, something they weren't able to do either time they played them this year (they scored 15 and 4 against them).

Provided Penrith's defence holds up, I'm not even sure this will stay all that close.

Yep. CC: Walsh.

Just a gut feel if Brisbane win it will be from a fantastic game from Carrigan or Hass. Carrigan yo show why he’s the premier 13 in the comp.

They do if they can put points on the board, something they weren't able to do either time they played them this year (they scored 15 and 4 against them).

Provided Penrith's defence holds up, I'm not even sure this will stay all that close.

Brisbane are a better side than the last time they played, didn’t they have a few out from memory. Brisbane are the worst matchup for Penrith as Brisbane have forwards that won’t be belted like every other team. I trust what Billy Slater said 2 weeks ago, he favours Brisbane

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbane are a better side than the last time they played, didn’t they have a few out from memory. Brisbane are the worst matchup for Penrith as Brisbane have forwards that won’t be belted like every other team. I trust what Billy Slater said 2 weeks ago, he favours Brisbane
So are Penrith though haha.

Billy Slater is a QLDer, hardly surprising he'd favour the QLD team.

This Penrith side has won every big game in front of them the last 3 years, they've got the best defensive record we've just about ever seen and they score points with the best of them.

I just don't know how anyone picks against them.

So are Penrith though haha.

Billy Slater is a QLDer, hardly surprising he'd favour the QLD team.

This Penrith side has won every big game in front of them the last 3 years, they've got the best defensive record we've just about ever seen and they score points with the best of them.

I just don't know how anyone picks against them.

Slater knows how to win big games you know, wouldn't discredit his thoughts and unlike a fe Panthers has won the last two Origin series'.

Easily been saying for 8 weeks Brisbane are the best side, and nothing has changed my mind. Can't wait for Penrith to lose so that the old dinosaur Gould can be quiet for once.

Slater knows how to win big games you know, wouldn't discredit his thoughts and unlike a fe Panthers has won the last two Origin series'.

Easily been saying for 8 weeks Brisbane are the best side, and nothing has changed my mind. Can't wait for Penrith to lose so that the old dinosaur Gould can be quiet for once.
He doesn't know how to win them at club land and he's also not involved in the Broncos team. He's got an opinion but that's all it is.

Will find out soon enough. Gould had little to do with the current success of this club, no matter how much he likes to pretend he did.

He doesn't know how to win them at club land and he's also not involved in the Broncos team. He's got an opinion but that's all it is.

Will find out soon enough. Gould had little to do with the current success of this club, no matter how much he likes to pretend he did.

Gould still annoys everyone to no end and him copping a giant egg on his face will be hilarious.

Coaching is the big issue at Origin level, at club level Cleary has proven himself as one of the best coaches in the business.

A genuine 50/50 game, i think Penrith deserve to be slight favourites simply because they have shown they can do it before.

Very even forward packs, two young hookers still proving themselves, 2 great half backs is just a great match up.

Edwards the best defensive full back in the league coming up against one of the most exciting full backs in the league.

Has all the makings for an all time great GF, hope the occasion gets the better of the Broncos and i can have a stress free night but i doubt it.

Coaching is the big issue at Origin level, at club level Cleary has proven himself as one of the best coaches in the business.

A genuine 50/50 game, i think Penrith deserve to be slight favourites simply because they have shown they can do it before.

Very even forward packs, two young hookers still proving themselves, 2 great half backs is just a great match up.

Edwards the best defensive full back in the league coming up against one of the most exciting full backs in the league.

Has all the makings for an all time great GF, hope the occasion gets the better of the Broncos and i can have a stress free night but i doubt it.

Hopefully it goes to Extra Time that is what we all want, thankfully grand finals are not golden point. Key for Brisbane is nullifying the impact of Martin he's the glue that keeps that Penrith side together, very important player for that side.

Hopefully it goes to Extra Time that is what we all want, thankfully grand finals are not golden point. Key for Brisbane is nullifying the impact of Martin he's the glue that keeps that Penrith side together, very important player for that side.
Yeo is far more important. If he plays poorly, their whole attack turns to s**t.

Yeo is far more important. If he plays poorly, their whole attack turns to s**t.

Possibly do feel the locks cancel each other out. Carrigan is the better version personally but we do have 3 elite 13’s in the NRL it’s splitting hairs (Carrigan, Yeo, Murray). Personally have Murray a bit behind the other two

Remove this Banner Ad

Back