NRL NRL 2023 - Finals Week 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Friday 22nd September
Penrith v Melbourne (Accor Stadium- 19:50)

Saturday 23rd September
Brisbane v New Zealand (Suncorp Stadium- 19:50)

Realistically Penrith are a class above the Storm this year.
I don't like the Storm depth in this game too, off the bench there's not a lot of game changers. Without the Pap and Coates in the line up we look a lot weaker.

Don't expect a win, but hopefully the fierceness of a PF means a close game. Bellamy will need to pull off a coaching masterstroke to win this one, but the Panthers are well rested and just a better team this year.

Realistically Penrith are a class above the Storm this year.
I don't like the Storm depth in this game too, off the bench there's not a lot of game changers. Without the Pap and Coates in the line up we look a lot weaker.

Don't expect a win, but hopefully the fierceness of a PF means a close game. Bellamy will need to pull off a coaching masterstroke to win this one, but the Panthers are well rested and just a better team this year.
Personally hope big Nelson puts his shoulder right into Luais on the first run and splits it in half. I also think that might be the only hope the Storm have.

Personally hope big Nelson puts his shoulder right into Luais on the first run and splits it in half. I also think that might be the only hope the Storm have.
He'll be off the bench I guess, he's the biggest impact I think we have off the bench that can actually make big difference when he comes on.

I don't rate Wishart at all yet, and Eisenhuth and Sims are a bit meh, will play a role but won't be game changers.

I could’ve seen Storm making a game if it if they’d fluked a late try, but signs are pointing more to a belting than a contest :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a bummer that the NRL still can’t pack out this ground with the top tier closed.
35k and there was a report earlier today that the NRL were giving tickets away for free. Hard to believe they can't even get the Sydney locals to fill half the stadium for a prelim when a Sydney-based team is involved.

35k and there was a report earlier today that the NRL were giving tickets away for free. Hard to believe they can't even get the Sydney locals to fill half the stadium for a prelim when a Sydney-based team is involved.

When I read this I thought it was a joke. I don't know a lot about the Sydney RL scene, but I wonder if they only support their club and not the game itself.

Abysmal crowd all things considered.

When I read this I thought it was a joke. I don't know a lot about the Sydney RL scene, but I wonder if they only support their club and not the game itself.

They only support the big name events.
NRL grand final , state of origin, Sydney test on McGrath day, the Everest.

how else would wests have 20k members and be the 4th highest metro team.

Panthers just too good. Amazing team to watch

Storm really need to spend on their packs - mind you impossible to replace the Bromwiches and Kaufusi in one season

Katoa needs a big pre-season. Nelson needs to drop some kegs and be more mobile, Tui needs to do the same.

Bayley Sironen (might enjoy the anonymity of Melbourne) would be one they should sign

Sydney team fans all hate other Sydney teams.
Every other Sydney team fan would be praying for a Wahs win right now. They do all hate Queensland more than anything though, so if they Broncos get through, most of Sydney will support the Panthers next week.

Not really it drew more than I expected. People forget Penrith whilst they “sell out” home games have a max of 16k supporters. It is why the worst thing for the NRL is Cronulla, Roosters and Penrith doing well, they need Souths, Dogs, Parra doing well as they have huge fan bases.

Not really it drew more than I expected. People forget Penrith whilst they “sell out” home games have a max of 16k supporters. It is why the worst thing for the NRL is Cronulla, Roosters and Penrith doing well, they need Souths, Dogs, Parra doing well as they have huge fan bases.

Fair call.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back