South Fremantle Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Just wondering what sort of Premiership gear to expect from Claremont when win the flag in 2010
Bahahahahahah.........oh, your serious aren't you?

Bahahahahahah.

Went down to the club yesterday, they have some good merchandise to commemorate the win if anyone is interested.

Can someone also please confirm who's left and who's joined the club from last year?

Ins
Andrew McCarrey EF

Outs
Peter Bell
Jeff Farmer
Daniel Gilmore
Tim Malseed
Ray Smithers
Luke Bairstow
Matthew Michael
Brandon Matera
Troy Ditchburn
Nathan Street
Brent Edwards
Nick Paine
Lukas Teague

The famous names of Ditchburn, Matera, Michael and Bairstow have left the club, although Toby Bairstow is still there.

Very disappointed in losing Luke as he had been on the cusp of league selection at least 15 times over the last couple of years.

Paine and Street went back East to the ACT and Tassie respectively.

And of course Belly is the biggest loss amongst that group.

That is a lot of players to lose but we have good depth at the moment and a whole new batch of really good colts players coming through the 16's comp.

I think Claremont will be the big improvers this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ins
Andrew McCarrey EF

Outs
Peter Bell
Jeff Farmer
Daniel Gilmore
Tim Malseed
Ray Smithers
Luke Bairstow
Matthew Michael
Brandon Matera
Troy Ditchburn
Nathan Street
Brent Edwards
Nick Paine
Lukas Teague

The famous names of Ditchburn, Matera, Michael and Bairstow have left the club, although Toby Bairstow is still there.

Very disappointed in losing Luke as he had been on the cusp of league selection at least 15 times over the last couple of years.

Paine and Street went back East to the ACT and Tassie respectively.

And of course Belly is the biggest loss amongst that group.

That is a lot of players to lose but we have good depth at the moment and a whole new batch of really good colts players coming through the 16's comp.

I think Claremont will be the big improvers this year.

What's Luke doing now? New WAFL club, playing for $$$ in the country or just gave it away?

Massive loss of players, but with our resys winning the flag last year as well I am not that worried. Still a top 3 side

What happened to Gilmore and Malseed?

Both retired.

What's Luke doing now? New WAFL club, playing for $$$ in the country or just gave it away?

Massive loss of players, but with our resys winning the flag last year as well I am not that worried. Still a top 3 side

Yep getting the big bucks in country footy, probably for South Bunbury where cousin Dylan is.

Both retired.

Yep getting the big bucks in country footy, probably for South Bunbury where cousin Dylan is.

Not surprised at all. What I want to know is why Dylan didn't do South Freo colts last year, as I heard he was going to.

Wasn't he good enough? Or just lazy? surely he wouldn't be on anything at the club. But in saying that I think all league players get bar money after the game.

Luke, my guess $500 a game, if this is true I wonder if Toby would follow?

Not surprised at all. What I want to know is why Dylan didn't do South Freo colts last year, as I heard he was going to.

Wasn't he good enough? Or just lazy? surely he wouldn't be on anything at the club. But in saying that I think all league players get bar money after the game.

Luke, my guess $500 a game, if this is true I wonder if Toby would follow?

Dylan did play for South colts last year and was in the provisional WA U18's squad but he and his old man had a dispute with the club, apparently about how Dylan was played all over the ground and never in one settled position(which wasn't helping his development and hindering his U18's selection), so he left half way through the season.

Dylan did play for South colts last year and was in the provisional WA U18's squad but he and his old man had a dispute with the club, apparently about how Dylan was played all over the ground and never in one settled position(which wasn't helping his development and hindering his U18's selection), so he left half way through the season.

Yeah I remember him being talked about playing and was sure he did but also knew he finished the season at South Bunbury so I didn't know what the go was with that.

Well If he wants to keep his AFL dream alive I suggest he just wears it and play where the club wants him to play.

Went down to the club yesterday, they have some good merchandise to commemorate the win if anyone is interested.

Can someone also please confirm who's left and who's joined the club from last year?

Went down to the club yesterday, stocked up on Premiership merchandise, polo top, cap, stubbie holder & joined up for the 2010 membership. Also spent about 2-3 hours downing a few Pints of Carlton Draft watching the poker comp being played.

There's another Rioli on his way to you for 2010.

Shannon. very smooth footballer ( as you'd imagine with that name) plays hf/mid for St Mary's in Darwin.

not sure why not NT Thunder but the St Mary's - Sth Freo ties go back a long way and maybe the family ties also played a part.

There's another Rioli on his way to you for 2010.

Shannon. very smooth footballer ( as you'd imagine with that name) plays hf/mid for St Mary's in Darwin.

not sure why not NT Thunder but the St Mary's - Sth Freo ties go back a long way and maybe the family ties also played a part.

Cheers for that:thumbsu: That's great news.

I had heard as long ago as 2008 that a Rioli, whom I assumed would be Shannon, would be heading back to Fremantle Oval to continue the wonderful tradition which began in the early 70's with Sebby!

good to here. Any more details on the bloke? I assume he is around 18 years of age. Height / weight that sort of stuff?

Hey guys,

Claremont supporter here so go easy on me, I remember watching a guy called Willy Rioli play in the 1989 season for Souths. He was a right dynamo, awesome player. What happened to him after that? I don't remember seeing him in the WAFL post 89.

Hey guys,

Claremont supporter here so go easy on me, I remember watching a guy called Willy Rioli play in the 1989 season for Souths. He was a right dynamo, awesome player. What happened to him after that? I don't remember seeing him in the WAFL post 89.

I think Willie's last season with South was 1990, he played 35 games for the mighty red and whites and I think he may have also played in Souths reserves GF team.

He was drafted by Hawthorn in the Nov draft of 1990. I can't recall him playing a game (or if he did it was just the one or two)

Willie was about 165cm and about 70kgs.

Was a favourite around the club, but I guess anyone with the surname Rioli was a favourite at Freo Oval!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back