South Fremantle Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys,

Claremont supporter here so go easy on me, I remember watching a guy called Willy Rioli play in the 1989 season for Souths. He was a right dynamo, awesome player. What happened to him after that? I don't remember seeing him in the WAFL post 89.

Should be on the Claremont Board.

There are bearly any claremont fans left after the past couple of seasons they have dished up. Pablo just become a south freo fan you are already a dockers supporter ;)

There are bearly any claremont fans left after the past couple of seasons they have dished up. Pablo just become a south freo fan you are already a dockers supporter ;)

Ha ha ha,

Sorry mate, born and bred Claremont supporter, since the days of Graham Moss.
Lot's of respect for Souths though. I got to see guys like Stephen Michael playig back then, even though I was very young. Hard not to like guys like that.
Yeah the last couple of seasons have been awful. The worst though was watching a whole season go down the gurgler in our last GF appearance.
It was like they forgot to turn up until half-time or something.

btw, I go for the Dockers because I believed something awesome must come out of Freo and the fact that the founding 2/3rds of the club was from Claremont.

Any news on the club since the 13th of Feb?
Thrashed by EF in week 1 of the pre season comp, then thrashed by Perth in week 2. Had a bye last week and play Subi this week. Subi have struggled to kick goals and things are looking grim for them but I think every club has been holding a fair bit back but this week is the last before the season starts so most clubs would have close to their best side on the park this week i reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He said he was very happy with the intesity at training and was very impressed by the progress of...... ummm... whats his name?? It will come to me.

He also said he was happy with the depth they have in their side to cover for the big losses.

Looking forward to the 4 NT boys (Shannon Rioli, Ross Tungalungatum, Jayden Kickett & Tom Motlop) showing their worth and injecting much needed pace into the side. The names Rioli, Motlop and Kickett are already well known down Freo way with Rioli being the son of Sibby, Kickett being the son of Graham, and (I think i'm right in saying) Motlop being the son of Mark who played for the Bullies in the late 70's.

4 POINT WINNERS, perfect start.

Felt we did good in the last half with only 19 players and held East Perth off well.

There are concerns after last night that Graham has done his knee, hopefully not as it will be a massive blow

Graham would be a massive loss as imo he's the best ruckman in the league.

Delmenico is injured at the moment and while he's a good back up ruckman he just doesn't have the height.

It's a perfect opportunity for Hayward to show us what he's got. He's a fantastic knock ruckman in the colts, and is highly rated at the club. Needs to work on his around the ground play.

And then there is Adam Costello in the reserves, who, at 213cm is taller than Sandi.

Gutsy win by the boys with only 19 fit men for the second half and with injuries to key players, Graham, McGrath and Hunt.

Motlop kicked 4 goals in the reserves.:thumbsu:

There are concerns after last night that Graham has done his knee, hopefully not as it will be a massive blow

Was massive after the match, apparently that's a good sign, medial?

Anyway my thoughts on the ruck issue, we have a few options although Im not sure about injuries in the ressies.

Leigh Kelly, Hayward, Costello, I'd even give A few Colts boys a go, Miles Bolger for one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back