South Fremantle Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

After a couple of disappointing losses we find ourselves on the road for the 3rd week in a row.

This time we travel up to Joondalup where we have a terrific record.
Won 11 and lost 6. = 64% win percentage which is even better than the home teams 62% win ratio.

I reckon we can win this one.

Going to be tough without a few of the older boys who have done hammies.

No Seigert, no Toby and no K.Hams by the look of it.

All in doubt. It's a Sunday game!!!!!!

Going to be tough without a few of the older boys who have done hammies.

No Seigert, no Toby and no K.Hams by the look of it.

All in doubt. It's a Sunday game!!!!!!

Hams is a big loss. I think Seigert's best footy is behind him He's been great for the club but I dont think he's got a lot of good footy left in him.

McGraths leadership has been sorely missed in the last 2 weeks.

Hams is a big loss. I think Seigert's best footy is behind him He's been great for the club but I dont think he's got a lot of good footy left in him.

McGraths leadership has been sorely missed in the last 2 weeks.

What's happened to out NT recruits? I thought they would have been at least pushing for selection by now

What's happened to out NT recruits? I thought they would have been at least pushing for selection by now

Motlop and Kickett are at the club and have been for a few weeks. Motlop kicked 4 in the ressies a couple of weeks ago. I think Rioli and Ross Tungalungatum are due any day now (if they haven't already arrived)

Team vs West Perth

SOUTH FREMANTLE:
BACKS: A.Hams, Hunt, Amato
HBACKS:White, Bossong, Head
CENTRES: Guglielmana, McGrath, Phillips
HFORWARDS:Dell’Olio, Wilson, McCarrey
FORWARDS: Motlop, Murphy, T.Bairstow
RUCK:Graham, K.Miller, Wilkie
INTERCHANGE: North, D.Bairstow, Palumbo, Collica, Campbell, Delmenico, Fielding
IN: McGrath, North, D.Bairstow, Campbell, Palumbo, Motlop
OUT:K.Hams(inj), Siegert(inj), Mugambwa(unavail)

Good to see Motlop named in a forward pocket.:thumbsu:

Would pefer if McCarrey went to a pocket and T.Bairstow on to the flank. But I guess Toby is there for the rotation of the onballer who comes to the FP for a rest

Teams are in, well we should really beat peel by 50+ points.

It says the game is at medibank? I assume that is an error. No D Bairstow, injuried in the resys last week?

B K Hams Hunt Amato
HB White McCarrey Head
C Guglielmana McGrath Phillips
HF Dell'Olio Wilson Siegert
FF Motlop Murphy T Bairstow
F Graham K Miller Wilkie
I/C North Campbell Delmenico Fielding Cornell Stanford Carter

IN: Siegert K Hams Cornell Stanford Carter

OUT: A Hams (AFL) Bossong (inj

The initial 28 man squad for the W.A state squad has been finalised.

Not sure when it will be released. South Fremantle have 4 representatives at this stage, the team is subject to change right up until the state match.

Jaymie Graham, Toby Mcgrath, Sam Hunt and Nathan Phillips have all been selected in the initial squad.

B:K Hams S Hunt C Amato
HB:J Head A Mccarrey S Fielding
C: A Gugielmama T Mcgrath G Campbell
HF:N Phillips R Murphy H North
F:C Dell-olio C Wilson T Bairstow
Foll: J Graham K Miller A Siegert

Interchange from: P.Mugambwa, C.White, G.Wilkie, S.Delmenico, A.Collica, M.Cornell, T.Motlop

The team is strong enough to beat East freo easy

While I concede it's going to hard to make the four from where we are at at the moment, i'm not throwing in the towel just yet (although it's getting close) When we have our best side in we can beat anyone.

Our colts have copped a number of injuries to key players but we should still be knocking on the door of finals action there.

P.S Rioli and Motlop kicked 7 goals between them in the ressies. I'd like to see how they go in the league side in the next few weeks.

While I concede it's going to hard to make the four from where we are at at the moment, i'm not throwing in the towel just yet (although it's getting close) When we have our best side in we can beat anyone.

Our colts have copped a number of injuries to key players but we should still be knocking on the door of finals action there.

P.S Rioli and Motlop kicked 7 goals between them in the ressies. I'd like to see how they go in the league side in the next few weeks.

Nah sorry mate, our best side would still be comprehensively beaten by Claremont.

Motlop was poor last week when he was given the chance.

Our backline is leaking like a sieve, Sam Hunt is hopelesly out of form, cant wait for Bossong to come back.

Jaymie's absence is a big blow too.

But over the ground I dont think we have the depth to be a contender.

No one has really stepped up to help Miller win the contested footy, Smithers, Bell and Adams have left a huge hole and with none coming back this year I dont see where the improvements going to come from.

Congrats to Theo Adams who as we speak is getting married :thumbsu:

Tundra, Subi's reserves are pretty poor mate, I would of expected more from those two fellas. I don't think either those two are in SF best 22.....SF biggest worry is if Wilson gets elevated, the fella has carried SF forward line this year.......huge game in a fortnight against EP, if SF lose they could easily be 4 - 5 games out of the four.....amazing what a pre season can do to a clubs chances......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 and a half quarters of premiership footy
Gee I'm looking forward to a good foundation day classic
still a great footyday in our state's history/calander
each year GO DOGS!

Team vs West Perth

SOUTH FREMANTLE:
BACKS: A.Hams, Hunt, Amato
HBACKS:White, Bossong, Head
CENTRES: Guglielmana, McGrath, Phillips
HFORWARDS:Dell’Olio, Wilson, McCarrey
FORWARDS: Motlop, Murphy, T.Bairstow
RUCK:Graham, K.Miller, Wilkie
INTERCHANGE: North, D.Bairstow, Palumbo, Collica, Campbell, Delmenico, Fielding
IN: McGrath, North, D.Bairstow, Campbell, Palumbo, Motlop
OUT:K.Hams(inj), Siegert(inj), Mugambwa(unavail)

What happened to this bloke. Started in our League side in round 1, remained there to about round 4, Played resys about round 5 - 8. Haven't seen him on the lists since. Wasn't he happy with something again, like last year I know there was an issue with the colts.

What happened to this bloke. Started in our League side in round 1, remained there to about round 4, Played resys about round 5 - 8. Haven't seen him on the lists since. Wasn't he happy with something again, like last year I know there was an issue with the colts.

Probably because he's shithouse.

Has Phillips opted for the LARS surgery? If so, would someone take the risk and put him on the rookie list and get about half a season out of him?:confused:

I reckon if you rate him highly enough, that's what you do, because most rookie listed players are a development gamble anyway.

Fremantle Dockers will have the balls to do this (rookie list him) and end up developing a superstar player. Can't see any other club giving him the chance on a rookie list now with this surgery and this includes the West Coast Eagles.

Congratulations to Nathan Phillips who despite suffering a season ending knee injury in round 15 still managed to take out South Fremantle's Best and Fairest ahead of Ashton Hams and Adam Gugs.

A pretty fair indication of the calibre of footy this kid played before he went down. Went from a fringe league player last year to a last 24 state player now a Club best and Fairest.

Has blossomed since his departure from Peel and really put his hand up in the midfield role this year. Will be interesting to see if any club is willing to take a punt on him after his knee reco

I expect Nathan Phillips and Adam Gugs to be at least rookied.

Phillips will probably go to Fremantle as much as I would like him at WCE. Adam might be considered by WCE as we need a quality small forward who can play midfield.

The Bulldogs are having a senior intra-club this Saturday at 8am, for those fanatics who are insomniacs! :D

First pre-season match is versus the mighty Black and Whites on Saturday, 26th Feb. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back