Heathcote DFL - 2010 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What ever happened to the in-form players getting a run in an interleague side? Its packed full of reputation...... Some of these blokes havent proved themselves yet have they? Griffo? Curtain? Oliver? What about the blokes who have been in their clubs best players every week? The word on the street is that it's a joke. What about the coach? He has offered a whole heap of service for the league the past couple of years? I know we SHOULD think of the league and put in these so-called-guns to win but just a thought for the blokes who have toiled for years and now the opportunity arrives they are shunted by these blow-ins on top dollar......

What ever happened to the in-form players getting a run in an interleague side? Its packed full of reputation...... Some of these blokes havent proved themselves yet have they? Griffo? Curtain? Oliver? What about the blokes who have been in their clubs best players every week? The word on the street is that it's a joke. What about the coach? He has offered a whole heap of service for the league the past couple of years? I know we SHOULD think of the league and put in these so-called-guns to win but just a thought for the blokes who have toiled for years and now the opportunity arrives they are shunted by these blow-ins on top dollar......

Apart From L/Gunny I think most of the players in the squad have been in the league for 1-2 years. If they are your best side you choose them, send the strongest possible team to represent the league and show how strong it is. I do agree with the best players week in and week out though, thought Alford has been great all year etc. Would it work like the juniors were you have to try-out though?

Tell me the better players in the league than the 3 you mentioned. Oliver was interleague squad for the GV and last time I looked was a stronger league than the HDFL. So what if a bloke comes in and is named straight away. If Aggotts Grant came to the league this year as coach after playing Vic country rep last year would that be OK?
Griffin was top 10 mids in BFL. He's in front of alot of other players based on ability not what he's done in the league but a stronger league.

i think your missing the point that the blokes named possibly wont play anyway as Oliver is coming back from injury and Griffin wont be available as I dont reckon he will commit.

The way your post reads you want blokes playing who have played long term in the league. Lets get a memorandum that unless you play 5 years in a row you cant be picked? Good luck with that team.

Who should the coach be? Last year premiership coach?? pretty hard task to get them I would reckon.

As stated name the players who are better than these 2 because I reckon your point is just a shit stirring exercise again. I've seen them play in home and away and finals. Have you?

Pretty sure I saw in the Addy or on CentralvicFooty that the LVFL have a under 21's interleague squad. Interesting concept. Don't know if it would work well in the HDFL but as I said interesting. Who would you pick for the HDFL U 21's best 22 if there were to be one selected ?

Pretty sure in 93 when our u/17 side coached by Bully Mainsbridge played the LVFL at the QEO, a HDFL under 21s team played afterwards with guys like Dave McConnell, Big Blacky from Colbo, Mark Ingram from Elmore, maybe even big Dale Phillips and the like participating - with a senior clash then played after that. A year or two before I think the HDFL played the RDFL at Broadford and there may have been 3 matches played that day also????

Anyone of the older/wiser heads who have been around a while remember if it was in fact 21s or perhaps it was 23s????

interleague is bullshit, there should just be a champions league at the end of the year with the finals finishing weeks earlier since there is no interleague then the premiers from each league playing off in their own region eg. regions champion. then state champion. and a chunky gold ring when you win, yeah.

interleague is bullshit, there should just be a champions league at the end of the year with the finals finishing weeks earlier since there is no interleague then the premiers from each league playing off in their own region eg. regions champion. then state champion. and a chunky gold ring when you win, yeah.

Spot on:thumbsu: As far as my last post, I wasnt saying Griffo and Oliver (which I had never heard of) aren't guns, I was just simply saying they are yet to prove themselves in this league yet. And as far as Curtain, well people can have their own opinion but iv got mine too. Why not Aggots as the coach? I think its a disgrace to the league that Wilson is coaching but again just my opinion. I didnt see Alford or Webb or Cail in the squad? The squad should be open invitation to ANYBODY that thinks they are good enough. If a young bloke thats in form thinks he is capable, let him try....

Tell me the better players in the league than the 3 you mentioned. Oliver was interleague squad for the GV and last time I looked was a stronger league than the HDFL. So what if a bloke comes in and is named straight away. If Aggotts Grant came to the league this year as coach after playing Vic country rep last year would that be OK?
Griffin was top 10 mids in BFL. He's in front of alot of other players based on ability not what he's done in the league but a stronger league.

i think your missing the point that the blokes named possibly wont play anyway as Oliver is coming back from injury and Griffin wont be available as I dont reckon he will commit.

The way your post reads you want blokes playing who have played long term in the league. Lets get a memorandum that unless you play 5 years in a row you cant be picked? Good luck with that team.

Who should the coach be? Last year premiership coach?? pretty hard task to get them I would reckon.

As stated name the players who are better than these 2 because I reckon your point is just a shit stirring exercise again. I've seen them play in home and away and finals. Have you?

FYI

Interleague was a nomination by the Clubs Coaches and then on position some players who are in the best each week didnt get picked due to a player of better quaility or form is there or an overcrowding of that position

interleague is not shit, its only shit if you are jelous enough that you did not get picked or someone you know

FYI

Interleague was a nomination by the Clubs Coaches and then on position some players who are in the best each week didnt get picked due to a player of better quaility or form is there or an overcrowding of that position

interleague is not shit, its only shit if you are jelous enough that you did not get picked or someone you know

So last year James would of been the full forward and Weekes would of missed out because you cant have two full-forwards? Aaron Craig and Dhont are better forward pockets than weekes, so he still misses out? Cant play him on-ball because you have aggots and Dobson? Overcrowding positions is a piss-weak cop-out. I still think anybody should have the chance. Just an opinion though.... And as for the coaches picking their own players for the squad, just goes to show that some coaches have no idea either:D

So last year James would of been the full forward and Weekes would of missed out because you cant have two full-forwards? Aaron Craig and Dhont are better forward pockets than weekes, so he still misses out? Cant play him on-ball because you have aggots and Dobson? Overcrowding positions is a piss-weak cop-out. I still think anybody should have the chance. Just an opinion though.... And as for the coaches picking their own players for the squad, just goes to show that some coaches have no idea either:D

piss poor excuse piss poor answer

every heard of key targets, whats a full forward ??? play 3 key targets on a rotation. with 3 smalls/meds as the other 3 forwards.

Ie Weeks, James and lets say Hayes

but what bout the mids she'll be rite put all the mids in the backline should be ok, not all mids can play back i could never play in the backline when i played,

kidding yaselves whats the point in giving a kid that much confidence then shattering knowing very while the coach was never going to pick him.

if it was me i'd rather not get picked if there was no point if there was enough blokes better then me to take the position.

worst comment back on here.

"anyone shoudl ahve a chance" so a bloke who wouldnt get a game for elmore on the ball but plays on ball in a shit team should get a chance.. have a think... or is it a copout on you cos u would never of been picked cos someone else was always better cheer up mate ...

Best players in best postions, not the best players in any position and i can see thats what they have gone for

piss poor excuse piss poor answer

every heard of key targets, whats a full forward ??? play 3 key targets on a rotation. with 3 smalls/meds as the other 3 forwards.

Ie Weeks, James and lets say Hayes

but what bout the mids she'll be rite put all the mids in the backline should be ok, not all mids can play back i could never play in the backline when i played,

kidding yaselves whats the point in giving a kid that much confidence then shattering knowing very while the coach was never going to pick him.

if it was me i'd rather not get picked if there was no point if there was enough blokes better then me to take the position.

worst comment back on here.

"anyone shoudl ahve a chance" so a bloke who wouldnt get a game for elmore on the ball but plays on ball in a shit team should get a chance.. have a think... or is it a copout on you cos u would never of been picked cos someone else was always better cheer up mate ...

Best players in best postions, not the best players in any position and i can see thats what they have gone for

I would say most players these days would like to play in a premiership than a interleague game

The truth is that interleague games are a great opportunity.......to get away for the weekend. ;) I say pick the team on form and reputation ,it'll be a good mix . who really cares who's coaching ? wilson know's his $hit and if he can spare the time , coach away son!

Dennis I agree with some of your points. Reward for long term consistent performance should be taken into account I reckon, especially in this case considering there hasn't been opportunities for interleague selection for many years. A bloke like Webby is very stiff to miss out on at least being picked in a squad of that size. YOu cannot question the blokes ability and his performances since he returned to North have been great.

Can't remember who it was that suggested that Dennis maybe jealous or bittter about not being good enought to be selected in Interleague sides but I am pretty sure they may be wrong. If Dennis is in fact who I think it is I am pretty sure he hs been there done that and a bit more.

I myself am jealous of anyone who is good enough as I have never been anywhere near it but love going along to watch the games when they are on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The truth is that interleague games are a great opportunity.......to get away for the weekend. ;) I say pick the team on form and reputation ,it'll be a good mix . who really cares who's coaching ? wilson know's his $hit and if he can spare the time , coach away son!

i like your thinking buddha

you idiot. Goes to show how little knowledge you have of todays game
to put aaron craigs name next to weeks is a disgrace. Aaron craig couldnt get a kick out of cocaine compared to weeks. not everyone should get a chance at interleague. your coaches nominate their best players that they believe would represent the league in a positive way. if your mate didnt get nominated he is not good enough. Coaches know who their better players are... lets start speaking sense instead of the rubbish you are continually posting on this forum..

to put aaron craigs name next to weeks is a disgrace. Aaron craig couldnt get a kick out of cocaine compared to weeks. not everyone should get a chance at interleague. your coaches nominate their best players that they believe would represent the league in a positive way. if your mate didnt get nominated he is not good enough. Coaches know who their better players are... lets start speaking sense instead of the rubbish you are continually posting on this forum..

Of the Bench player of the week.....Grant Weeks

You obviously dont get my point. THE full forward position should be your best full forward, so the second best sits on bench. Your on-ball brigade should be your best 3 with 2 on the bench. Dont just put a natural full forward in a pocket because thats ridiculous. Who would you look for? You wouldnt put the leagues 3 best CHF's on the CHF line, that would mean 2 are out of position on a flank. This is why the league should look at putting the best side together position wise, and yes, this would mean that some blokes that you would think should be in the side would miss out. Imagine if you had 10 Aaron James's in the league, all at full forward, all kicking 100+? What, you gonna put 3 of him on-ball and 1 at CHB? They should pick the best 5-6 on-ballers and the rest miss out. Dont just put them in a forward pocket or flank for the sake of it?:confused:

Originally from Shepparton, the kid is an athlete, when he has a crack, could play forwed or down back & has the potential to kick 80 + goals

80+ Goals? I don't think so.. Saw him last year at Strath, haven't played with him, but looking on from the sidelines he looks to be more of a winger than a key position player. Doesn't go in hard enough but can find the football when he wants. I see him as a back flank, wing, forward flank type player.

Haven't watched a White Hills game this year but does anyone know how he's been going?

80+ Goals? I don't think so.. Saw him last year at Strath, haven't played with him, but looking on from the sidelines he looks to be more of a winger than a key position player. Doesn't go in hard enough but can find the football when he wants. I see him as a back flank, wing, forward flank type player.

Haven't watched a White Hills game this year but does anyone know how he's been going?

May not this year but has potential in years to come to be up around that mark, has really good hands on him and good leap. At the moment though he looks good on the wing or a running position as when he was been moved there has found much more footy and in the play a lot more.

Kicked a couple bags of 4 i think in round 2 & 3, so has been quite good.

definately agree roota , i think in previous years it has been about the talk of the player rather than the actuall ability , would love to see a squad selected on form , rather than he's played here or there !!!!!

you idiot , craig and dohnt wouldn't blow steam up weeks bum , get a grip

you cant really compare dohnt to weeks as they are completely different players. for starters weeks is 6ft 2 and dohnt is about 4ft 6 :p

but dohnt would be top 3 players in the league easily, to compare him to craig is disgusting. . .

anyway, results from the weekend guys?

locky just scraped over the line against leitchy

34.13 to 10.6

murphy kicked 10 while oliver returned to the team and snagged 7 which was great.

colbo took it right up to north i got told too which is good

Pretty sure I saw in the Addy or on CentralvicFooty that the LVFL have a under 21's interleague squad. Interesting concept. Don't know if it would work well in the HDFL but as I said interesting. Who would you pick for the HDFL U 21's best 22 if there were to be one selected ?

Back in the early 90's the HDFL did have an U21 interleague that played against the LVFL. seemed to work well

you cant really compare dohnt to weeks as they are completely different players. for starters weeks is 6ft 2 and dohnt is about 4ft 6 :p

but dohnt would be top 3 players in the league easily, to compare him to craig is disgusting. . .

anyway, results from the weekend guys?

locky just scraped over the line against leitchy

34.13 to 10.6

murphy kicked 10 while oliver returned to the team and snagged 7 which was great.

colbo took it right up to north i got told too which is good

Huntly of old?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back