Tommy Walsh

Remove this Banner Ad

Now, onto a different topic. If I delete posts from trolls I'm also obliged to delete the responses as well. Sorry StFly, I know you put a bit of effort into yours. ;)

haha not a problem mate, usually I just report them and move on but I was so bored last night I decided to try my hand at some manner of response. No skin off my neck that it was deleted.:D

But yeah, it will be good to finally see Tommy with the boys just to see how he sizes up initially.

any reports on how the guy is progressing i heard he was in the best last week? is he a chance this year ?
He's been named in the best for the past 3 weeks for Sandy. He still has a lot to learn about positioning, and I think he would get found out with the speed of the AFL as at the moment he's still learning and isn't as instinctive as someone who grew up playing the game. However he's strong and can take a decent mark. He also has a booming kick and when I watched Sandy on Saturday he kicked a good 60 metres direct to a target on a couple of occasions in the first quarter.

I'd say he's a slim chance to appear before the end of the year, but if he keeps progressing and appearing in the bests he may surprise us. Also if we have a few injuries he's a strong body capable of stepping in.

because he didn't grow up playing the game he will not be as predictable in our forward line where he can make acouple of mistakes. he has evasive skills for a big guy. if he could take acouple of marks a game. he can then take his time and kick 50+meter goals. he could not be worse than our present forwards. teams would not have done much homework on him either.

He's been named in the best for the past 3 weeks for Sandy. He still has a lot to learn about positioning, and I think he would get found out with the speed of the AFL as at the moment he's still learning and isn't as instinctive as someone who grew up playing the game. However he's strong and can take a decent mark. He also has a booming kick and when I watched Sandy on Saturday he kicked a good 60 metres direct to a target on a couple of occasions in the first quarter.

I'd say he's a slim chance to appear before the end of the year, but if he keeps progressing and appearing in the bests he may surprise us. Also if we have a few injuries he's a strong body capable of stepping in.

So cut to the chase, obviously he's not the football messiah just yet, but is he worse than Kosi?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back