Discussion Nick Walsh, Head of High Performance and Conditioning quits

Remove this Banner Ad

When does the new dude start. I assume he’s not at the club yet so who is doing the warm up this weekend
Some old yank is filling in 😉

ct1uF1L.gif

so my take on the changes is that i think Ross is fully aware of the soft cap in football dept spend and he is working within it. i think he understood he was coming in late so he was never going to get the team he wanted all in place for season 2023 so he had to work with what he had. but i do think there would have been an understanding that pieces of the team under ratts were not going to survive season 2023.

ross would want his own team.

wouldnt surprise me if people were told and there was an understanding they could leave as soon as they found their next opportunity or when the saints found the person they wanted in their role, rather than playing them out and blowing out the cap.

would explain some of the departures and tbh i think there will be more come year end.

When does the new dude start. I assume he’s not at the club yet so who is doing the warm up this weekend
Starts next month. In the mean time, doing his best to ruin the Bombers before he departs...

In all seriousness I hope none of this is due to mismanagement or we could be in some strife in years to come.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Starts next month. In the mean time, doing his best to ruin the Bombers before he departs...

In all seriousness I hope none of this is due to mismanagement or we could be in some strife in years to come.

Not surprised given his history

Don’t think so (but I stand corrected) - I think Batchelor was running the warm ups and receiving the tracking information from the computer guys - jobs Walsh used to do.
Yeah I thought he was the guy with the beard?

Seemed to be doing what Walsh used to do but not sure if that was the new guy

Bombers do that to themselves, there's a very good reason they outsourced their medicals and popoed their internal docs previously and it's not because everyone around them is competent in sports science whilst thinking they are.

Essentially, they're us in lack of resources in dept re people days, only unlike us, they have wads of cash to throw at people to "please give a s**t, we really really mean it this time" in trying to tow a line that isn't straight abortion territory. Historically, Bombers are a running team only in new parlance, they're primarily a bookend team at heart with great back, great front, and flankers for days so they're still half arsing ratios at present and 'whoops, broke that one, next!" in practice with runners. Hence why they went with Hind for example who is really a run fast and kick long only sort of player and quite durable to boot.

What is now our man has only been there essentially 2 seasons including this one, believe he came from the AIS but could be wrong.

Anywho, Parish has history in that area, was only last year that he essentially had a corkie in the calf that was not the calf that injured that made him miss weeks and definitely totally not the then currently strained one.. sounds a bit like old man loading syndrome with him re his calves.

Bombers do that to themselves, there's a very good reason they outsourced their medicals and popoed their internal docs previously and it's not because everyone around them is competent in sports science whilst thinking they are.

Essentially, they're us in lack of resources in dept re people days, only unlike us, they have wads of cash to throw at people to "please give a s**t, we really really mean it this time" in trying to tow a line that isn't straight abortion territory. Historically, Bombers are a running team only in new parlance, they're primarily a bookend team at heart with great back, great front, and flankers for days so they're still half arsing ratios at present and 'whoops, broke that one, next!" in practice with runners. Hence why they went with Hind for example who is really a run fast and kick long only sort of player and quite durable to boot.

What is now our man has only been there essentially 2 seasons including this one, believe he came from the AIS but could be wrong.

Anywho, Parish has history in that area, was only last year that he essentially had a corkie in the calf that was not the calf that injured that made him miss weeks and definitely totally not the then currently strained one.. sounds a bit like old man loading syndrome with him re his calves.
That was 10 years ago. Bombers supporters reckon their entire rehab and S&C team need to go, so not surprised to read another soft tissue for them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back