Discussion James Gallagher (Head of List Management) set to depart at end of 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Thank Christ for that hopefully Roughead not to far behind

Because we can get better and more experienced people than him
He has done stuff all since he has been at the club

List management pretty important position we should be looking at the very best out there

Thought he was ok, only real issue was Hill but if Lyon uses him as he has been training him, we may still get top value from him.
Higgins good, Crouch good, Alison, not so good, NWM, Windy, Owens, all good, Phillipou, Hotton, Va Es Keeler all good.

He wanted to go back to SA and it was a good opportunity to complete the cleanout.

Thought he was ok, only real issue was Hill but if Lyon uses him as he has been training him, we may still get top value from him.
Higgins good, Crouch good, Alison, not so good, NWM, Windy, Owens, all good, Phillipou, Hotton, Va Es Keeler all good.

He wanted to go back to SA and it was a good opportunity to complete the cleanout.
I will take the past 2xDrafts as a huge success.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thank Christ for that hopefully Roughead not to far behind
i dont mind roughy as long as he really is in a development pathway i.e. he's there to learn rather than being the head guy

i think we need a strong list manager and a strong head recruiter. both need to be experienced.

i'm a really strong believer in making sure you have junior spots in your team and a pathway to really develop them.

great news. in hindsight the dylan shiel cluster * of an interview was probably the first red flag it was never gonna work.

Yeah it was a disaster not recruiting Dylan Shiel :rolleyes:

#byebyeWinx

I'm still waiting for the "Gags is a Dud" crew to come up with any real evidence that his tenure was a disaster.

Yeah it was a disaster not recruiting Dylan Shiel :rolleyes:

#byebyeWinx

I'm still waiting for the "Gags is a Dud" crew to come up with any real evidence that his tenure was a disaster.

only problem was we were actively trying to do it. when you get two different messages from the footy boss and list boss. that's a big red flag somethings not working.

You could see this move coming a mile away but now that it’s official it completes what was a hell of a review. I thought it would be one of those “make it look like we’ve done something” kind of reviews where a couple of assistants get changed and everyone else stays to try and make their choices look good but my goodness this was a review for the ages. Who knows what results will come from it but we are lightyears better off than we were when the season ended.

i'd suggest that if your entire list strategy is to build in the short term and attract existing talent in, only for it to fall in a heap and the club to publicly state we need to have a longer outlook and draft more kids, then you've probably cooked the list strategy.

it's like a coach coming in and stating we will play finals in 3 years, only to not do it and then claim he needs a full rebuild and another 5 years. you cant tolerate that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back