Discussion James Gallagher (Head of List Management) set to depart at end of 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

The Dow (3) and O’Brien (10) picks hurt him, along with the Live trade for Stocker during the draft. That’s 3 first round picks potentially torched.

But he also had some big wins.

I’m not thrilled about the idea of get him back though.
It's almost certain that Carlton's recruiters had a very large hand in those picks too.

Also didn’t recruit players, just did the list management. Sold Brice Gibbs for overs, paid too much for Stocker. Bit of hit and miss.
Hit and miss for sure but like I keep saying they came out of his time with a core that really should win a flag one day. I’d be happy with that.

Hit and miss for sure but like I keep saying they came out of his time with a core that really should win a flag one day. I’d be happy with that.
So you should if you get 13 Top 30 picks in 5 years. Did well (got lucky????) the first year - after that - nothing spectacular.

I wouldn’t be writing Stocker off just yet..22 years old, had injuries plus 3 coaches in 4 years at Carlton.

This.

Change Carltons list with the Cats and they arguably in a well oiled club first sort of mentality with players, staff and all involved and they'll still have multiple flags. Meanwhile, with all the loyalty and skill that the cats players have, they Brissie exodus it out of the Blues at the first sign of someone in a suit with a card and several knives.

Carlton kill Carlton's chances much like overbearing parents kill their kids pontential.

Anyone heard of who may be appointed new list manager?

It's one of the most important roles in the club.. Hopefully someone experienced and competent...

Anyone heard of who may be appointed new list manager?

It's one of the most important roles in the club.. Hopefully someone experienced and competent...

Nearly certain to be SOS by the sound of it. Unless they can pinch Cripps.

Hearing Trout right in line too.

I see what you’re up to

uAoAbCO.gif

At what point does Lethlean get held accountable? He employed gags ( his mate-kids at same primary school) with no background in recruiting, oversaw the disastrous Hannerberry deal. He was parachuted in 4 years ago as the great white hope from the AFL-how are we better off under his tenure? He had no clubland experience and working at an effective monopoly like the AFL is hardly great preparation. Here he is making key decisions and he has absolutely no track record of success and in fact the exposed evidence suggests otherwise.

At what point does Lethlean get held accountable? He employed gags ( his mate-kids at same primary school) with no background in recruiting, oversaw the disastrous Hannerberry deal. He was parachuted in 4 years ago as the great white hope from the AFL-how are we better off under his tenure? He had no clubland experience and working at an effective monopoly like the AFL is hardly great preparation. Here he is making key decisions and he has absolutely no track record of success and in fact the exposed evidence suggests otherwise.
Also wanted his mate Gallagher head of football department sharing the role with Rath lol

Been done to death, so boring. Gallagher on balance did a good job but was time to move on.
Read the thread before repeating what has been posted a dozen times previously.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesus
You didn't last long LOL

See you again soon Brian xo

Holy crap that must be account # 4893 LOL
He posted in the VAFA board and one of the mods there saw it, thought something was up, checked it out and then turfed him. I just came for the entertainment.

He posted in the VAFA board and one of the mods there saw it, thought something was up, checked it out and then turfed him. I just came for the entertainment.
Needs to hop back in his lunchbox LOL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back