Toast David Myers, building...

Remove this Banner Ad

Was good down back, and was better in trhe midfeild.

Needs more stamina....once he get it, then kicking.

Im not so sold on the clearance skills. Had 0 last week and 3 this week. Big improvement has been his kicking, the big tumble punt bomb has disappeared and he's now just working on hitting targets than distance.

Definitely getting better. Did some nice things in the center, worked better around the ground and kicked a very nice goal. I hope we persist with him.

PS: He's nowhere near as slow as some say.

He was okay last week, but it was a much improved effort this week. I had my doubts he was going to make it (it wasn't easy seeing Palmer and Rioli ripping it up) but his kicking is very good and he has a nice size about him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with the others, you just feel like he is slowly but surely gaining confidence in himself and starting to look like he belongs. Some of his handballs were really nice. Would like to see him look for some longer options too with his kicking and probably needs to improve his awareness at times but overall i'm pleased that he's showing that he might develop into a best 22 player. Definitely worth persisting with at the moment. Look forward to see how he goes against a big bodied midfield like the bulldogs.

He is coming along nicely... When The Dustbin came off for the last quarter, he played down back, and he won all of his one on one's by killing the contest with a defensive spoil. He is definately a confidence player.

Made a few mistakes early but steadily built on his game after that. Did a couple of great things when moved into the middle and the confidence boost he got after kicking that goal was blatantly obvious. I'm very happy with the gradual increase in his game and feel he has easily earned a spot in the 22 for next week even if NLM gets up. Felt great cheering him on for doing good things. :thumbsu:

Was played in position and looks good. Another step forward from an improved game last week.

They need to go with him and get games into him at the level.

Will be an absolute gun in 3 years time. Inside midfielder with elite clearance skills. Just wait till his tank gets a bit better. At the moment, physically he can't play in the middle all game.

Tank is pretty good. It's where he runs to sometimes that's the problem.

Has a great long kick, short kicks are improving. He wins his own ball and made some fantastic defensive spoils in the last half.

Best game so far!

Will be an absolute gun in 3 years time. Inside midfielder with elite clearance skills. Just wait till his tank gets a bit better. At the moment, physically he can't play in the middle all game.

calm down, elite? he is slowing building up, still seem a little slow to me, and need to make that left foot a real weapon..

Who would have thought? A young guy that the club had the confidence to pick in the first few of a very strong draft finally gets some continuity of fitness and confidence and "**** this boy might be part of our best 22 at some point in the next few years".

OP describes it perfectly. He is building towards something very good. A 6'3 clearance machine with a booming kick that can do a job defensively.

Too many supporters out there seem to take comfort from talking down their own team if it isn't top 4 in an attempt to gain creibility. This includes the irrational savaging of young players who don't dominate within the first month of their first season.

The club was telling us that Myers would be fine and we knew that Myers had issues with his groin and yet he was not being given a chance.

He certainly doesn't look as slow as people were saying he is. It was good to see him stand up in tackles and keep his feet at clearances which was something he was doing at Bendigo but had me concerned that it his game might not have worked as well at AFL level. It may only be Richmond but their midfield rotations are very solid (inc Cotchin, Deledio, Tuck, Foley, Martin) so Myers' performance tonight stands up.

He may have looked awkward defending on TV last night but at the ground he seemed to take up really good positions and made really decisive spoils. Again, based on the reviews I was pleasantly surprised by his defensive work. Yes, Nason caught him but that is more the football debate of the last 5 years, kick to a contest or hold onto possession. It seems as though a players will hold onto it more than they will kick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back