News Josh Hill has agreed to come to Hawthorn

• Thread starter Rumblah#16
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asking for pick 37 is overs, regaurdless of our needs. We hav'nt tried Breust. Shiels or Savage may be worth punt in the forward line.

Leon Davis's name has been thrown around and I would prefer to offer pick 119 for him.:D

I'm with the Pelch, keep our pick 19 and 37 for the national draft.

I heard a rumour that Hawthorn were interested in Davis before they found out he was the third player implicated in sexual assult allegations. Davis admits he was there but claims he never got a touch :p

Tell the dogs it is 52 and 54 or we go to the lions and get Sherman offering pick 37. Hill can play no doubt but he was pick 61 in the 2006 draft and has only played 12 games in the seniors in 2010, get real.

This is not directed at you, macdaddio, but...

This "Pelchen plays hard-ball" thing is so ridiculous...you see posters on other forums repeating this mantra over and over, and one doubts they would know Chris Pelchen from a bar of soap. It seems to be a self-evident truth, one may repeat it as gospel without any shred of evidence whatsoever. Oh, sorry, apparently Paul Roos said it once, and everyone knows what an upstanding guy he is, so it must be true.

Negotiations need firm drivers..some deals we seem to have done well out of, others not so well. This is the same for every team.

It seems that any time a deal with Hawthorn is held up, it is Pelchen who is automatically to blame.

Perhaps...err...the 'other' side is also playing hard ball? Perhaps it is the other team being unreasonable?

And if he actually IS a hard negotiater, and ensures that we end up ahead on every deal...that's a good thing, isn't it??? :confused:

This is not directed at you, macdaddio, but...

This "Pelchen plays hard-ball" thing is so ridiculous...you see posters on other forums repeating this mantra over and over, and one doubts they would know Chris Pelchen from a bar of soap. It seems to be a self-evident truth, one may repeat it as gospel without any shred of evidence whatsoever. Oh, sorry, apparently Paul Roos said it once, and everyone knows what an upstanding guy he is, so it must be true.

Negotiations need firm drivers..some deals we seem to have done well out of, others not so well. This is the same for every team.

It seems that any time a deal with Hawthorn is held up, it is Pelchen who is automatically to blame.

Perhaps...err...the 'other' side is also playing hard ball? Perhaps it is the other team being unreasonable?

And if he actually IS a hard negotiater, and ensures that we end up ahead on every deal...that's a good thing, isn't it??? :confused:

Totes Brill as the teenagers say... :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

I think we will get Josh Hill after the Bulldogs got Sherman out of the way

Apparently done in principle.

Sherman to Dogs for Harbrow compo pick.

They'll want 37 just to participate in the draft at all at this rate.

I think we will get Josh Hill after the Bulldogs got Sherman out of the way

Agreed.

I think the doggies were probably holding out for a better pick from us as they thought they'd need it to get the Sherman deal over the line. But now that's taken care of, they might not be overly fussy.

Just offer them pick 37 and grab Hill. Has potential with a decent coach who understands him. But is he a little like Mark Williams, ie Lazy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just offer them pick 37 and grab Hill. Has potential with a decent coach who understands him. But is he a little like Mark Williams, ie Lazy.

The club could well have plans for that 2nd rounder (#37) already - ie. for our mystery defender.

I think we need some X-factor and flair rather than another average defender. Hill is what we need to replace Peterson and Hooper. We have enough average height defenders ie Gibson, Birchall, Gilham, Murphy. We should just develop Schoenmakers. Is the rumour true that we want Thornton as well?

if get a hill for a 3rd round pick hopefully 51
retain Hooper which I'm getting the feeling is looking a little bit more likely
and get a quality defender without losing our soul i will be a very happy man

I think we have already missed out on Hill. We needed the Lions to hold out on Sherman. That way we can trade pick 54 to the Doggies and then they would of bundle it with their compo pick to the Lions for Sherman. :(

I think we have already missed out on Hill. We needed the Lions to hold out on Sherman. That way we can trade pick 54 to the Doggies and then they would of bundle it with their compo pick to the Lions for Sherman. :(

I disagree, now that they have sherman they have no draft picks basically. I reckon they will take hill for our 3rd at about 1.45 tomorrow.

The way I understand it is that the dogs aren't overly fussed about keeping Hill? It's not like they're desperately trying to pawn him off to us, so I think if they aren't happy with the pick we offer then they'll just keep Hill... No fuss.

I hope we don't cave and offer our second round pick for him. He isn't good enough to warrant that.

I don't think it would be a big loss if we don't get Hill. He comes with a lot of baggage, in the name of Mr.HILL..Just have to read the dogs forum to find that out..
They are dreaming if they think he is worth a 19 or 37 pick. Didn't they get him with a 60 pick?? They must think we are fools. If we get him, good and well, if we don't, so what!
He only played a hand full of games this year..They should be pleased to move him on..Is he contracted to them?
Dogs board saying that he didn't ask for a trade..Who is that BIG MOUTH"" ANT""What a tosser he is!!
He calls Pelchen a @#$%...I wonder whether he has looked in the mirror..I would take Pelchen ANY day over him,as far as attitude goes...

It's worth bearing in mind Kevin Sheahan regards this years draft crop as near to equal of the 2001 super draft and deeper, as far as pick 70 and down to pick 40 will likely net a 150 gamer.

Hill's on the move because Eade told both Hill and his manager to find another club, not because he wanted to move, pick 52 should suffice given Eade wants to move him on. If the deal doesn't go through bad luck, we grab a good kid instead.

:spade:

It's worth bearing in mind Kevin Sheahan regards this years draft crop as near to equal of the 2001 super draft and deeper, as far as pick 70 and down to pick 40 will likely net a 150 gamer.

Hill's on the move because Eade told both Hill and his manager to find another club, not because he wanted to move, pick 52 should suffice given Eade wants to move him on. If the deal doesn't go through bad luck, we grab a good kid instead.

:spade:

Agree with you 100%...If Eade wants him gone, and he doesn't accept a late pick, then too bad!!
No loss if we don't get him..:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back