News Josh Hill has agreed to come to Hawthorn

• Thread starter Rumblah#16
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's worth bearing in mind Kevin Sheahan regards this years draft crop as near to equal of the 2001 super draft and deeper, as far as pick 70 and down to pick 40 will likely net a 150 gamer.

Hill's on the move because Eade told both Hill and his manager to find another club, not because he wanted to move, pick 52 should suffice given Eade wants to move him on. If the deal doesn't go through bad luck, we grab a good kid instead.

:spade:

:thumbsu:

if get a hill for a 3rd round pick hopefully 51
retain Hooper which I'm getting the feeling is looking a little bit more likely
and get a quality defender without losing our soul i will be a very happy man
Me too!
Why are people saying Hooper may still be with us next year?
Whats being reported?

They are dreaming if they think he is worth a 19 or 37 pick. Didn't they get him with a 60 pick??

LMH, the pick originally used to draft Hill is not really all that relevant. Brian Lake (nee Harris) was drafted at pick 71, does that mean that's all we should be prepared to part with to get him across to the Hawks?

LMH, the pick originally used to draft Hill is not really all that relevant. Brian Lake (nee Harris) was drafted at pick 71, does that mean that's all we should be prepared to part with to get him across to the Hawks?

Understand your point, but Hill is having trouble breaking into the best 22. They should not expect a pick upgrade for a hot and cold type player who has committment issues to his current club.

We are only in this position because of 2 other hot and cold players having issues, let's not overpay on this.

3rd rounder at best or walk away and get a kid in the draft.

Me too!
Why are people saying Hooper may still be with us next year?
Whats being reported?

I'm with ya! why would there be a sudden back flip from club and player?

did like hooper but, would be a good back flip, but i think you would have more chance of a nirvana comeback with Kurt out front........:confused:

Thats ok Eldorado, I think that there is a strong perception out there that the Hawks play hard ball, but that is coming from the media so in actuall fact it could very well be the other clubs playing hard ball.
Personaly if the Dogs keep playing games and asking too much for Hill then we should try our luck in the pre-season draft and national draft to pick up some good Kids and build a good core of kids that are hungry to play in a premiership.
We got Breust who looks to be the goods and lisle, we should go all hell for leather and grab a big gorilla to help out out defense..

nice comment from some nuffie under the above story :D

Thornton for Shoe!! I'm in, sounds great!

10 people liked this. Like Reply Reply
James_10
moderator.png
8 hours ago in reply to BluesFan1

Jacobs will go for pick 33
Thornton may go to Hawks for Shoenmakers
O'hailpin to Sydney
Spangher will come to us for pick 70 or 87 will fit nicely at CHB.

nice comment from some nuffie under the above story :D

Thornton for Shoe!! I'm in, sounds great!

10 people liked this. Like Reply Reply
James_10
moderator.png
8 hours ago in reply to BluesFan1

Jacobs will go for pick 33
Thornton may go to Hawks for Shoenmakers
O'hailpin to Sydney
Spangher will come to us for pick 70 or 87 will fit nicely at CHB.

We have a winner (not you JD, the genius you quoted).

Perhaps in a world where cartoon physics exist this person's thoughts might have some validity, but here and now, it's like the rat of stupidity is gnawing away on my genitals.

It's worth bearing in mind Kevin Sheahan regards this years draft crop as near to equal of the 2001 super draft and deeper, as far as pick 70 and down to pick 40 will likely net a 150 gamer.

Hill's on the move because Eade told both Hill and his manager to find another club, not because he wanted to move, pick 52 should suffice given Eade wants to move him on. If the deal doesn't go through bad luck, we grab a good kid instead.

:spade:

Only at the right price.

From my info. your 3rd rounder won't get the deal done.

Only at the right price.

From my info. your 3rd rounder won't get the deal done.

Well, it looks like he will play in the VFL again. The majority of Hawk supporters are certainly not going to lose sleep over missing out on him.
If it happens, it happens, if it doesn't, stiff tish!! :rolleyes:
He certainly is NOT worth a 2nd round pick..
and he only played a handful of games in the AFL this year..Get real!!

Well, it looks like he will play in the VFL again. The majority of Hawk supporters are certainly not going to lose sleep over missing out on him.
If it happens, it happens, if it doesn't, stiff tish!! :rolleyes:
He certainly is NOT worth a 2nd round pick..You picked him up for pick 60,
and he only played a handful of games in the AFL this year..Get real!!

Will one of the people who keep harping on about what pick he was originally selected at PLEASE explain WTF HAS THAT GOT ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT?

Will one of the people who keep harping on about what pick he was originally selected at PLEASE explain WTF HAS THAT GOT ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT?

On reading the dogs forum, it seems you are more concerned with what he is worth. You are the ones saying that the Hawk forum is "whinging" about getting him and what WE should be paying for him!.. Let me tell you, 90% of Hawk supporters don't give a rat's @#$% whether we get him or not..
So sorry if my comments upset you!! (as if):D
After all this IS a HAWTHORN forum you are posting in...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're right, it has nothing to do with it.

The fact that he's out of favour, comes with 0 work ethic and has a phsco father does. Yes, he does have talent but do the pros outweigh the cons?

From my view, he's not dissimilar to Hooper. We picked him up with pick 56 last year and he walked out on us this year.

He is a gamble for both our clubs.

I here ya....
Weren't Hird and Lake picked up in the 70's ????
Absolutely irrelevant !

Steve Lavell:
James Fantasia doesn't believe a Josh Hill trade will happen. Talks have not reached the point where a deal will be struck.

Also

Josh Hill likely to remain a Bulldog. Fantasia says talks haven't progressed to a point where either club will benefit

SP got in first :)

Steve Lavell:
James Fantasia doesn't believe a Josh Hill trade will happen. Talks have not reached the point where a deal will be struck.

Also

Josh Hill likely to remain a Bulldog. Fantasia says talks haven't progressed to a point where either club will benefit

SP got in first :)

Good.
Lets try and get an upgraded first or second rounder today and go to the draft all guns blazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back