Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Calsher Dear!

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks taller than 195cm

Only looked slightly shorter than Meek during the team song, although they were a couple metres apart so it’s easy to misjudge

I get the feeling he may be put back to the VFL and will kick on from there. It wouldn't be a statement on his quality, more his age and readiness. If anything he's shown that he can clunk them against AFL defenders, and that he's willing to compete.

Get the feeling he'll return to the VFL and start to absolutely dominate.

I get the feeling he may be put back to the VFL and will kick on from there. It wouldn't be a statement on his quality, more his age and readiness. If anything he's shown that he can clunk them against AFL defenders, and that he's willing to compete.

Spot on.

He'll know how advanced he is against relative opposition. And if not, he'll have things to work on that will make him an A grader.

Yeah, I'm excited. I believe.

Dear (pick 56) vs Cadman (pick 1) is an interesting comparison. Excited player Calsher, will be an extremely tough match up when Lewis and Chol get on the park.

Guessing Calsh was told "if you can't mark it then bring it to ground" and he took it too literally. Another case of our young players being too coachable! :cool:
He only had eyes for the ball! A wonderful trait for a marking forward!

(A quick glance at ground level might have been nice, though...)

Mitchell said at the press conference Dear was substituted due to only wanting Bruest on. He did every thing that was asked of him in game.

Mitchell said at the press conference Dear was substituted due to only wanting Bruest on. He did every thing that was asked of him in game.
Also said his GPS numbers have never been higher than in the last 2 games. I'm assuming he's including his VFL games in the count lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I only say that because I imagine Chol will be back, not that the sub was a statement on him.

It's going to be a few years before he starts hitting his strides, but I'm very bullish on Calsher Dear's future and potential. What he has shown in two games has outstripped what I thought we would see from him through his first 2/3 seasons.

Today was not his fault at all. And I thought he fought gallantly considering he was being asked to mark about half a dozen times up on the wing in a contested situation versus two capable, experienced defenders in Wilkie and Battle. He may not play next week, as his body will no doubt be feeling the impacts of such a contested battle today, but I hope he and Lewis can get up for next week. It'd be great to see them play together at least once this season, and we would need it to beat Port next week.

My only real question about Calsher is whether he will be a true CHF or a third-tall. I think he can be a CHF, but he may well be Gunston's spiritual and literal successor as the third tall up forward.

It's going to be a few years before he starts hitting his strides, but I'm very bullish on Calsher Dear's future and potential. What he has shown in two games has outstripped what I thought we would see from him through his first 2/3 seasons.

Today was not his fault at all. And I thought he fought gallantly considering he was being asked to mark about half a dozen times up on the wing in a contested situation versus two capable, experienced defenders in Wilkie and Battle. He may not play next week, as his body will no doubt be feeling the impacts of such a contested battle today, but I hope he and Lewis can get up for next week. It'd be great to see them play together at least once this season, and we would need it to beat Port next week.

My only real question about Calsher is whether he will be a true CHF or a third-tall. I think he can be a CHF, but he may well be Gunston's spiritual and literal successor as the third tall up forward.

Our forward line 2025

Watson Lewis Moore
Ginnivan Ramsden Dear

MacDonald mid / fwd rotations

Disagree.

He belongs. He was fighting HARD after 3 quarters and still competing well and doing little 1%.

He will go back, but not now. I think if we see minimal competing over a game, it might be time, but not now. It is great to actually see a tall with potential

Do we think the spoil at half forward that went straight to another Hawk player (not the Hardwick one) and resulted in a goal was deliberate?

If so, it begs the question - why don’t we see more directional spoils to another player’s advantage?

We see them when defenders spoil to the boundary, but rarely to another players advantage? I know it’s easier said than done, but Dear looked like he did it with ease.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back